PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - Don't use the Store at the moment - Overcharged

sirgog
02-23-2011, 02:19 AM
I just purchased one of the Shared Bank upgrades that is advertised as half-price in the DDO store. Advertised price 498 points (I have a screenshot of this price).

My points balance was reduced by 995 points and the 'online help' page links gave a 404 error.

This is a warning to players - do NOT buy anything at all from the Turbine Store at the moment. I'll remove this warning once my points are refunded.

-Edit - after pretty extensive searching of the ddo.com site, I found a working link to the online help page and have sent a form requesting that my 'missing' points be used to purchase the other Shared Bank upgrade I wanted to purchase while they were half price. Until this is resolved, however, the warning against using the store stands. I'm not sure if other prices may be similarly bugged.

donfilibuster
02-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Fortunately when the store overcharge the account support do refund your tp, or so i believe.

Make sure your support ticket is with account support, which can be done outside the game.
Phone support is faster but you may want to open the ticket before calling, so they can check on its status.
(and to not be told to go open a ticket)

sirgog
02-23-2011, 03:32 AM
Fortunately when the store overcharge the account support do refund your tp, or so i believe.

Make sure your support ticket is with account support, which can be done outside the game.
Phone support is faster but you may want to open the ticket before calling, so they can check on its status.
(and to not be told to go open a ticket)

Not worth the international phone call. If they don't refund the TP, well I can always just go and edit my 'Reviews of all Adventure Packs' thread - a lot of new players have that bookmarked, and Turbine probably wouldn't like it being changed to say 'don't buy at the moment...'

But, I assume they'll fix it.

Buggss
02-23-2011, 03:53 AM
After reading I just thought it was worth mentioning that I bought the original 20 space shared bank which was also on offer for another account and the correct reduced amount of 748 was paid and went out on the statement so not EVERYTHING has its price wrong.

However knowing some things aren't correct would certainly make me hesitate about buying off the store for now.

Cordovan
02-23-2011, 09:38 AM
You can contact Account Support for refunds on Turbine Points you feel you are entitled to. We cannot issue refunds through the forums. You can contact support by clicking here (http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=24001).

Additionally, I wanted to note that this issue only applies to shared bank space in the DDO Store. The item has been removed temporarily from the DDO Store while the issue is being resolved.

Updated on 2/24: The Shared Bank is back in the store!