PDA

View Full Version : I want a THF dps can anyone help me in building one

Keylon
02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
I want to build a character that can do good THF damage, self heal, has evasion, mid 400s hp, and good all around saves. (I'm building this for a friend and he doesn't own Favored Soul or Monk or Half Elf or Half Orc so please don't suggest those)

voodoogroves
02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Nevermind.

Loromir
02-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I want to build a character that can do good THF damage, self heal, has evasion, mid 400s hp, and good all around saves. (I'm building this for a friend and he doesn't own Favored Soul or Monk or Half Elf or Half Orc so please don't suggest those)

You might try Rogue2/Paladin18 although I've not seen a multiclass like that. Mainly taking Rogue for the evasion. You won't have enough skill points to have very effective Trap and Lock skills. You will have to wear light armor. Paladin has pretty good saves.

Keylon
02-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Voodoo did u not read what I posted, no monk levels plz.

stainer
(I'm building this for a friend and he doesn't own Favored Soul or Monk or Half Elf or Half Orc so please don't suggest those)

Monk 2 / Fighter 1 / Cleric 17 (radiant servant)

12 ftr/ 6 pal / 2 rog halfling with healing d marks.

I will let you work out the feats.

voodoogroves
Voodoo did u not read what I posted, no monk levels plz.

Yeah already corrected ;-)

Chette
02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
THF and evasion don't usually go very well together, as THF are typically low dex builds, and low dex = low reflex save = not much use for evasion. The only build that could really pull this off would be a Paladin with the Charisma bonus to saves. 18 Pal/2 rogue would get you what you're looking for, but is not really an optimal build IMHO.

voodoogroves
02-22-2011, 11:24 AM
No monk throws a wrench because it brings some feats with it.

Rogue 2 / Fighter 2 / Bard 16 (warchanter)

Should also do the trick. Any race really.

Feats:
Fighter (2) Power Attack, Improved Crit (slashing)
Normal (7) Weapon Focus (slashing), Extend, Maximize, Quicken, Empower Healing, Toughness, FEAT

Spare feat can be whatever you like. Skill Focus (UMD) maybe.