PDA

View Full Version : Armor Kit vs. Reincarnation

Myrddinman
02-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey all, I did a quick Google/Forum search for this but it did not yield any results that I could see...so I apologize if this has been addressed already.

I just reincarnated one of my characters that I had recently applied the Spiral I armor kit to my Docent of Shadow. After going through the process and then equipping the docent, the armor kit was gone. Perhaps I'm missing something (I've had a few fingers of rum already :p), but is this WAI or am I missing something. I suppose I'm fine either way, as I can wait until the black kits become available, but it kind of sucks that we would have to pay for a customization every time a character is reincarnated.

Thanks for the insight!

Micron
03-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Found out the same thing last night. Ate a LR heart and lost my outfit.

If this is as intended, it's a rip off.

Aurora1979
03-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Im not sure on this, as I only have 1 armor kit and not TR'd that char yet, but while your waiting for a proper answer it might be worth checking....

On your Inventory screen, the dude in the middle of your equipment should have a helm and armor you can click on to toggle on and off.

I read on here yesterday that it might reset. Try toggling your armor back on, see if its still there.

As i say, dont know if this is the solution but hope, either way, its an oversight not a complete loss.

Micron
03-19-2011, 04:54 AM
That's a possibility but unfortunately I can't try that now because I've bought a new outfit already and applied it (some strong language was involved in that process).

However I have my doubts about this because I remember my helm was toggled on after I reincarnated. I didn't look at the armour kit toggle button but I assume if the helm was on, the kit was on as well.

Myrddinman
04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm just holding off on a new kit until I snag Icy Raiments, as I don't want to loose another kit.

By the way, can we please get an official response for this?

Aurora_nyx
04-12-2011, 11:26 PM
It does "eat" the armor kit, but for some reason if the armor kit is on a BTA item, the armor kit transfers with the armor. I sent my bard my lvl 8 leathers from CC and they had the armor kit on them still

sacredguyver
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
It does "eat" the armor kit, but for some reason if the armor kit is on a BTA item, the armor kit transfers with the armor. I sent my bard my lvl 8 leathers from CC and they had the armor kit on them still
This probably has something to do with the "Bound to..." status of the item. It's been known that when you use Khyber Dragonshard Fragments to bind an item to a character that starts out as Bound to Account, it stays BtA despite the fact the fragments are supposed to make it BtC. It's probably something similar with Armor Kits. Bound to Account overrides Bound to Character.

mystafyi
04-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Turbine coded armor kits to be lost when you tr,lr,gr.....

Therigar
04-12-2011, 11:44 PM
That's a possibility but unfortunately I can't try that now because I've bought a new outfit already and applied it (some strong language was involved in that process).

However I have my doubts about this because I remember my helm was toggled on after I reincarnated. I didn't look at the armour kit toggle button but I assume if the helm was on, the kit was on as well.

Helmet showing "On" is the default setting. So, if you reincarnate the helmet shows "On" until you turn it off again.

Armor kit "Off" is the default setting. So, if you reincarnate the armor just looks normal until you turn it on again.

I'm afraid that you bought a new armor kit for no reason.

Myrddinman
04-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Helmet showing "On" is the default setting. So, if you reincarnate the helmet shows "On" until you turn it off again.

Armor kit "Off" is the default setting. So, if you reincarnate the armor just looks normal until you turn it on again.

I'm afraid that you bought a new armor kit for no reason.

Nope... I tried this, along with taking the armor with the kit off before LR. The kit is was gone upon Reincarnating.

SolarDawning
04-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Armor kits are not removed when you reincarnate. This is fact.

Your armor kit display is just toggled off.
Click the button on the chest of the paper doll figure in your inventory to display it.