PDA

View Full Version : Guild Suggestion

madmaxhunter
02-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Just thought I'd toss this one into the mix and see what community thinks. My guild is now at the precipice of being classified as a large guild. We never spam invite players. Our rule is only invite peeps we've played with. Some are very casual.

My suggestion. Change the inactive player time to one month. I believe that would be a realistic marker for inactivity. That would both help guilds manage their size and prevent players who may have computer issues or long term work/military travel duties from being ousted from their guild.

Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
leader, Bridge Burners

Impaqt
02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Just thought I'd toss this one into the mix and see what community thinks. My guild is now at the precipice of being classified as a large guild. We never spam invite players. Our rule is only invite peeps we've played with. Some are very casual.

My suggestion. Change the inactive player time to one month. I believe that would be a realistic marker for inactivity. That would both help guilds manage their size and prevent players who may have computer issues or long term work/military travel duties from being ousted from their guild.

Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
leader, Bridge Burners

huh?

Why would you want to increase the inactive time if your about to go up a notch in size?

inactive = no longer counts in "Guild Size" for the purpose of calculating Guild Size

Lorien_the_First_One
02-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Isn't it already 30 days for inactive anyway?

Edit: Yup, as per the Update 7 release notes: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_7_Official

■Modified Guild Size = Total Accounts - Inactive Accounts (>30 days) + Recent Departures (<14 days)

madmaxhunter
02-18-2011, 11:09 AM
You miss my point, I would prefer to keep the guild at medium. If players go inactive after a month of non playing, then they wouldn't count against guild size. Inactivity time frame is at least two months right now. Bigger guild=bigger reknown penalties and greater guild decay.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
You miss my point, I would prefer to keep the guild at medium. If players go inactive after a month of non playing, then they wouldn't count against guild size. Inactivity time frame is at least two months right now. Bigger guild=bigger reknown penalties and greater guild decay.

No, its 1 month now. Check my post above

Impaqt
02-18-2011, 11:12 AM

its actually 2 weeks.

madmaxhunter
02-18-2011, 11:13 AM
No, its 1 month now. Check my post above

Okay, then it must not be posting very acurately when hovering over the level shield. If that is the case then I withdraw my suggestion. Thanks for the responses.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
its actually 2 weeks.

I think 2 weeks is "recent departures"....

or did they change something in update 8 that I missed?

Impaqt
02-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I think 2 weeks is "recent departures"....

or did they change something in update 8 that I missed?

no, I could be wrong.. Maybe it is one month. I should go reread that Dev diary n Renown .....
:rolleyes: