PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Hold More Then 1 Level of EXP.

Unreliable
02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah, this has probably been suggested more then once, but I cannot find the thread where this was suggested.

Would be great if we could hold more then 1 level, even as a double TR I find that there are way too many quests I am skipping that would be good exp. I know that doing more then just the same quests over and over would be one reason to not include this feature, however I am not suggesting we can hold as many levels as we want, just increase it to 2-3 levels, or possibly 4. Some reasonable amount.

This feature is something I would buy from the store, or would even be a great new addition to the perks that VIP's get. Not sure what others think.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Phemt81
02-16-2011, 12:21 PM
We can actually store xp up to 2 levels before stopping gaining them.

The system just stops before you gain ALL the xp needed to pass two levels at once, meaning that you 'll have full xp to level once, and 1 xp to gain for next level, so that you can always keep xp worth one level while you play for the second.

Example: I am 3rd level, gain xp to go 4th, i continue gaining xp. When i am 1 xp away from 5th level tha game advice me saying i won 't gain any xp if i continue questing.

So, i can level up once, enter a dungeon, gain 1 xp and level twice, or storing that level waiting for the message.

Hope i explained myself in a decent way :)

jakeelala
02-16-2011, 12:28 PM
No this is terribly confusing.

Basically you can earn XP to get to your next level. Then you can go all the way through 5 more ranks of the next level before you get the "Max XP" message. That is in effect holding 2 levels.

However, if you only level once, you can only go earn 1 more levels worth of XP. If you do, you will still be holding 2 levels of XP.

In effect, what's being asked for is the ability to hold a 3rd level of XP.

Franky, I think you should be able to hold as much as you could possibly want. That would allow you to stagger you play on a character with people who don't come online as much as you while not forcing you not to play the character for long stretches.

Jahmin
02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
You used to be able to, but this was 'fixed' at the end of beta. Per PnP you may not accure more than a single level at a time :(

Mister_Peace
02-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm giving you +1.

Not because I agree with your post, but because I'm looking forward to you having seven green boxes.

Krag
02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
You used to be able to, but this was 'fixed' at the end of beta. Per PnP you may not accure more than a single level at a time :(

Do you farm same quest over and over again in PnP?

Dozen_Black_Roses
02-16-2011, 12:45 PM
/signed

I would limit it to one more level than we can currently (which is 2 or 3 depending how you look at it, 1xp seperating the 2 seems to be some stumbling block for people to comprehend the concept). And for some of the previous posters, the OP is well aware of what xp/levels you can hold, he is suggesting we can in addition hold another level's worth of xp before we are forced to level or lose the xp.

I know also during TR'g there are a few levels you would like to hold out more but can't, then there are some levels toward the end where you are definitely grinding for xp and could have used the xp earlier.

Cauthey
02-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Somewhat related, I would like to see a different color graphic indicating how far along you are with banked XP.

Once you level, the maroon orbs that fill in denoting your rank progression ALL turn blue.

I'd like to see them incrementially turn blue, so you know how close you are to the banked XP max.

I may have to fire up a separate suggestion thread for this...

jwdaniels
02-16-2011, 12:53 PM
What they really need to do is implement some version of the mentor/sidekick system they have in other games so you can run with your friends who may be different levels. I know this isn't analogous to PnP, but in PnP if your friend joins a Campaign after 6 months, he isn't expected to start at level 1 when everyone else is level 12 either.

Four20
02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
this, and due to the limited # of quests in certain lvl ranges. is the reason why im so hesitant to TR for a 2nd time

/signed

Chai
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry ladies and gentleorcs, I am not down with this.

Its already pretty crazy that we can gain our XP up to level 15 by being level 13 in a level 10 quest on elite, and this situation gives no XP penalty.

I vote for more higher end content. Then people will not NEED to hold XP. The issue here is Turbine effectively changed leveling a good toon from 1.9 mil XP to 4.2 mil XP and barely any content has been introduced to account for where leveling is affected the most - at the high end. The XP allocation issue needs to be resolved not by allowing us to level the higher levels in lower end content, but by creating more content where the most XP is needed.

Jahmin
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Do you farm same quest over and over again in PnP?

If you play PnP, you would know that at times you do; however, given the proper XP assignment in PnP it is less of an issue.

I am not oppossed to the idea - I certainly took advantage of it during beta, and would love to see it come back. Nevertheless I understand WHY it was changed, and thus suggest that it is not coming back.

Nothing against Shockz, but his arguement, while certainly better than Dispel's, is lacking in a reason for Turbine to change it back :(

Jahmin
02-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Its already pretty crazy that we can gain our XP up to level 15 by being level 13 in a level 10 quest on elite, and this situation gives no XP penalty.
You again clearly demonstrate your lack of PnP understanding as this is now functioning completely correctly.

I vote for more higher end content. Then people will not NEED to hold XP. The issue here is Turbine effectively changed leveling a good toon from 1.9 mil XP to 4.2 mil XP and barely any content has been introduced to account for where leveling is affected the most - at the high end.
This however is where the actual problem lies - one can hope U9 does somethign to fix it...

Krag
02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
If you play PnP, you would know that at times you do; however, given the proper XP assignment in PnP it is less of an issue.

I am not oppossed to the idea - I certainly took advantage of it during beta, and would love to see it come back. Nevertheless I understand WHY it was changed, and thus suggest that it is not coming back.

Nothing against Shockz, but his arguement, while certainly better than Dispel's, is lacking in a reason for Turbine to change it back :(

I used to play quite a lot of PnP back in my school days. And never ever have I run the same adventure more than once as a player.

Chai
02-16-2011, 01:34 PM
You again clearly demonstrate your lack of PnP understanding as this is now functioning completely correctly.

I have no lack of PnP understanding. I have a lack of agreement of how Turbine runs their game ALOT differently than PnP. Comparing this game to PnP is laughable, and saying it should emulate PnP after so many things do not emulate PnP is what demonstrates a lack of understanding here.

But what the hay, lets do it...

In PnP, XP is NOT an absolute. If someone is a few hundred XP short of the total, a DM can level them. We do not have this N,H,E mechanic that adds levels to a dungeon, so we cant justifiably hold 2 levels of XP, then run a dungeon 4 levels lower than the current party level to gain XP that is good for the level the toon would be if they took all their levels.

Deleras part 4 is a level 8 quest which is officially counted as level 10 on elite. You get one grace level without taking a penalty meaning you can run it on a level 9 on normal, no penalty. I could be level 9, hold it through level 10 until I am almost level 11 (one point away) and run deleras on normal, no penalty. I could be level 11, not take 12 and almost be 13 and still farm this on elite no penalty.

If you think PnP allows you to run level 8 quests when you have the XP enough to gain level 13 (one point away) it is not I that has the "lack of PnP understanding" - nice try though.

/not signed. The XP issue needs to be resolved by creating more content in the area of the game that requires the most XP to level, not by allowing people to take level 9 after running waterworks.

Seikojin
02-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Until Turbine drafts and impliments a tool to make quests easier to craft, you will always have a disparity in quest additions.

I think the current banking system is just fine.

I would like to see a mentoring system so level ranges could be played, but the problem is balance on that end. A twice tr'd lvl 20 is going to make most quests look like nothing, so what challenge is there for the people the lvl 20 is mentoring?

They could in essence do a mentoring thing by changing the exp level penalty in place. Instead of double diminish returns after 2 levels, have it be 10% per level after 2 levels of difference. So a lvl 4 would get -10% if a lvl 7 was in the group, -20% if a lvl 8, -30% if a lvl 9, etc.

Unreliable
02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
We can actually store xp up to 2 levels before stopping gaining them.

The system just stops before you gain ALL the xp needed to pass two levels at once, meaning that you 'll have full xp to level once, and 1 xp to gain for next level, so that you can always keep xp worth one level while you play for the second.

Example: I am 3rd level, gain xp to go 4th, i continue gaining xp. When i am 1 xp away from 5th level tha game advice me saying i won 't gain any xp if i continue questing.

So, i can level up once, enter a dungeon, gain 1 xp and level twice, or storing that level waiting for the message.

Hope i explained myself in a decent way :)

Yeah, i could have explained myself a little more clearly, but hopefully people understood what i meant. :)

ahpook
02-16-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't think the request is reasonable giving the unbalance of the XP across quests and the low repeat penalty. All this request does is maximize the ability to run the most exploitable quests while leveling. So not signed.

Somewhat related, I would like to see a different color graphic indicating how far along you are with banked XP.

Once you level, the maroon orbs that fill in denoting your rank progression ALL turn blue.

The ranks continue to increment so you can use those to gauge your progress in the next level. When your bar is blue and your current rank is a multiple of 5 you will "xp cap" at the end of that rank.

Ethiel
02-16-2011, 04:27 PM
I have no lack of PnP understanding. I have a lack of agreement of how Turbine runs their game ALOT differently than PnP. Comparing this game to PnP is laughable, and saying it should emulate PnP after so many things do not emulate PnP is what demonstrates a lack of understanding here.

But what the hay, lets do it...

In PnP, XP is NOT an absolute. If someone is a few hundred XP short of the total, a DM can level them. We do not have this N,H,E mechanic that adds levels to a dungeon, so we cant justifiably hold 2 levels of XP, then run a dungeon 4 levels lower than the current party level to gain XP that is good for the level the toon would be if they took all their levels.

Deleras part 4 is a level 8 quest which is officially counted as level 10 on elite. You get one grace level without taking a penalty meaning you can run it on a level 9 on normal, no penalty. I could be level 9, hold it through level 10 until I am almost level 11 (one point away) and run deleras on normal, no penalty. I could be level 11, not take 12 and almost be 13 and still farm this on elite no penalty.

If you think PnP allows you to run level 8 quests when you have the XP enough to gain level 13 (one point away) it is not I that has the "lack of PnP understanding" - nice try though.

/not signed. The XP issue needs to be resolved by creating more content in the area of the game that requires the most XP to level, not by allowing people to take level 9 after running waterworks.

yes it does.

if you are going RAW PNP allows for this just as DDO does, the only difference being you do not get "full" xp for the mobs faced as your higher than the quest level.

An player could continuously run lower than their level content as long as the XP table supports the difference in levels and continue to gain xp and banking xp is perfectly legal in PNP as well.

Lifeblood
02-16-2011, 04:37 PM
one can hope U9 does somethign to fix it...
is this the update that is coming Soon™?

Kinerd
02-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I vote for more higher end content.I don't think anyone would be (strongly) against this, but it is a much more time-consuming request to design completely new quests, and understandably so. Until then, this measure makes good sense as a stopgap.