PDA

View Full Version : The Definitive AC Bonus Thread

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, there was a post in the General Forum about all the various AC bonuses a person could get, but it's more or less devolved into a flame war...so I edited out all the non-DDO stuff and am posting here. (Kudo's to Polyformist for the original thread).

Everyone starts with a Base AC of 10, and adds the highest bonus *only* from each of the following categories (except Dodge/Misc, which stack with other like bonuses)

Sources of Natural Armor Bonus

Item: Pre-order Amulet (+1)
Item: Hammer of Life (+2, from Dragon Chest)
Item: Seal of Earth (+3, from Marilith Chest)
Item: Ring of Balance (+2, Invader Tokens)
Spell: Barkskin (+3-5)

Sources of Armor Bonus

Item: Armor (+1-13, Randomly Generated)
Item: Docent (+0-5, Randomly Generated)
Item: Armored Bracers (+1-6, Randomly Generated)
Item: Blackwidow Bracers (+4, from Waterworks)
Item: Jeeka's Spangle (+2)
Item: Delera's Vestments (+2, from Delera's Tomb)
Item: Ironweave Robe (+5, from Dragon Chest)
Item: Vulkoorim Dervish Robe (+4, from Sands of Menechtarun)
Item: Ring of Trollish Regeneration (+2, no longer in loot table)
Spell: Mage Armor (+4)
Feat: Warforged Armor Feats (+2-8)

Sources of Shield Bonus

Item: Shields (+1-9, Randomly Generated)
Spell: Shield (+4)
Feat: Two Weapon Defense (+1, while dual-wielding)

Sources of Deflection Bonus

Item: "of Protection" Item (+1-5, Randomly Generated)
Item: Armor/Shield of Stability (+2, True Neutral only)
Item: Iron Manacles (+4, Chaotic Align only, from Delera's Tomb)
Item: Spectacular Optics (+3, from South Threnal)
Item: Kundarak Warding Bracers (+3, from Dragon Chest)
Item: Ring of the Silver Concord (+2, from Dragon Chest)
Item: Cloak of Shadows (+2, from Vampire Chest)
Item: Dusty Rose Ioun Stone (+1)
Item: Spiked Turban (+3, from Sands of Menechtarun)
Item: Docent of Defense (+2, Invader Tokens)
Item: Mysterious Ring (chance for +3, from Chamber of Raiyum)
Spell: Shield of Faith (+2-4)
Spell: Protection from Evil (+2 versus evil)
Spell: Protection from Chaos (+2 versus chaos)

Sources of Dodge Bonus (Dodge bonuses Stack)

Item: Chaosgarde Bracers (+2, lawful Align only, from Xorian Cipher)
Item: Chattering Ring (+3, from Titan Chest)
Spell: Haste (+1)
Feat: Dodge (+1)
Feat: Defensive Stance (+2, while activated)
Feat: Combat Expertise (+5, while activated)
Feat: Mobility (+4, only when Tumbling)
Feat: Uncanny Dodge (+4-6, Barbarian/Rogue Only)
Enhancement: Dwarven Giant Dodger (+1-3, Dwarf only, only Vs. Giants)
Enhancement: Fighter's Mobility (+2-6, requires Mobility, only when Tumbling)
Enhancement: Favoured Defense (+1-2, Ranger only, Vs. Favoured Enemies)
Race: Giant Evasion (+4, Dwarf only, only Vs. Giants)

Source of Size Bonus

Race: Halfling (+1)

Source of Misc Bonuses (Misc bonuses stack)

Action: Active Block (+2, only while Blocking)
Attribute: Dexterity Bonus (+0-20, limited by Armor Max Dex)
Class: Paladin's Aura of Good (+2-5 versus evil)
Enhancement: Action Boost (+2-5, Paladin/Fighter Only)
Enhancement: Hero's Companion (+2-3)

Notes

You can only have one "stance" activated at a time, e.g. Defensive Fighting *or* Combat Expertise

Requested Information

If I'm missing any, or if you can answer any of my requests, feel free to post and let me know, and I will update.

Cheers

Maldini
04-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Dwarfs: +4 against Giant Class Monsters

Enhancements: Fighter's Dodge +1
Enhancements: Fighter's Combat Expertise I +2
Enhancements: Fighter's Combat Expertise II +4

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Dwarfs: +4 against Giant Class Monsters

I didn't put that in there because it wasn't in the write-up for Dwarves. I see now it's a Dwarf-Only enhancement at level 1. Kinda silly that they don't get it by default.

Thanks.

Edit: Giant Dodger says it gives an "additional +4", so I'm going to assume they get a base +4 vs giants even if it doesn't say so.

Anyone know how much Fighter's Mobility adds?

Polyformist
04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
I like what you have done with the place ;)

Maldini
04-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I think that it has the potential to go up to +6 at the later dwarven levels, so the range would be +4-6.

Also as a side note to your guide, maybe throw in this little tidbit I worked out in the fighter's forum about the Max Potential AC allowed in the current game at Level 10:

I'm starting this thread after some discussion with Riott on our private forums about ways to max out AC. Here is how to achieve the maximum AC currently allowed to players in the game:

For a Pure Level 10 Fighter
+5 Mithral Full Plate: +13 (Armor)
+5 Tower Shield: +9 (Shield)
Dex Bonus: +2
Hammer of Life/Barkskin: +2 (Natural)
Deflection Bracers (Chaotic): +4 (Deflection)
Fighter's CE II: +9 (Dodge)
Base AC: +10
Fighter's Dodge: +2 (Dodge)
Fighter's Action Boost IV: +6 (Enhancement)
Paladin's Aura of Good: +5 (Morale)
Total Possible AC: 62

If someone sees an error in my assessment, please post and let me know. Or if you think the max AC is higher than 61, please post and show how.

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Why not use Iron Manacles for a +4 deflection as opposed to +3 goggles? Also, Mithral Fullplate allows +3 dex, not +2.

One other thing, the description for Aura of Good says that it gives a Deflection Bonus to AC...so it shouldn't technically stack with the bracers/goggles. Not sure though.

edit: Also, unless the hybrid has UMD 20, he can't wear the delera's bracers. Maybe you mixed those 2 up?

Maldini
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Why not use Iron Manacles for a +4 deflection as opposed to +3 goggles? Also, Mithral Fullplate allows +3 dex, not +2.

One other thing, the description for Aura of Good says that it gives a Deflection Bonus to AC...so it shouldn't technically stack with the bracers/goggles. Not sure though.

edit: Also, unless the hybrid has UMD 20, he can't wear the delera's bracers. Maybe you mixed those 2 up?

Yes I edited my post to show that only a Chaotic Fighter can reach max dex of 62. Yes, Mithral Full Plate is 3, but you're still limited by the least common factor of the Tower Shield. And from what I've seen and heard, a Mithral Tower Shield only lowers the skill check penalty, not the max dex bonus, which is 2.

Aura of Good is morale the last I checked. Shield of Faith is Deflection and it stacks with Aura of Good.

A hybrid build can reach a UMD of 22.5.

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Aura of Good is morale the last I checked. Shield of Faith is Deflection and it stacks with Aura of Good.

Ok, I'll change that. I was pretty sure they stacked...but the KB says that the Pally enhancements add deflection bonus to ac *shrug*...wouldn't be the first time it was wrong :P

Polyformist
04-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Aura of Good +1 ac
based on Enhancements availible can adjust AC by +1,
based on Enhancements availible can adjust saves,

lvl 1
Aura of Good (passive): Grants +2 bonus to AC and +2 bonus to saving throws to all characters within range.

lvl 3
Aura of Courage (passive): Beginning at 3rd level, a paladin is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of the paladin gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.

Polyformist
04-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Max Dex Bonuses are as follows.

Half Plate = 0 dex

Full Plate = 1 dex

Mithril Half Plate = 1 dex

Mithril Full Plate = 2 dex

Right??

Maldini
04-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Max Potential AC is actually 70 from current discussion. This is based on a Chaotic Halfling 2 Barb/8 Figther Build:

For a Halfling 2 Barbarian/8 Fighter Chaotic Build
+5 Mithral Full Plate: +13 (Armor)
+5 Mithral Tower Shield: +9 (Shield)
Dex Bonus: +3
Barkskin: +5 (Natural)
Deflection Bracers (Chaotic): +4 (Deflection)
Fighter's CE II: +9 (Dodge)
Base AC: +10
Halfing Size AC: +1 (Dodge)
Fighter's Dodge: +2 (Dodge)
Fighter's Action Boost III: +5 (Enhancement)
Paladin's Aura of Good: +5 (Morale)
Barbarian's Uncanny Dodge: +4 (Dodge)
Total Possible AC: 70

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Right??

No, Mithral adds 2 to the Max Dex.

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Max Potential AC is actually 65 from current discussion. This is based on a Chaotic 2 Barb/8 Figther Build:

Oh yah, forgot about Uncanny Dodge (rogue/barbarian), I'll add that.

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Aura of Good +1 ac

Base Aura of Good is +2 AC, +2 Saves. Enhancements can bring this up to +5 AC, +5 Saves.

the part I was talking about from the DDO Knowledge Base (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=97) is thus:

Class (level): Paladin (level 1)

Grants +2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 resistance bonus to saving throws to all characters within range. This is a passive feat

Polyformist
04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
TMK Uncanny Dodge only opperates when in Medium or Light armor, Not heavey

can we get a confirmation on this?

mend
04-25-2006, 06:00 PM
nvmd

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 06:04 PM

Not in DDO, you can use it wearing any armor you want.

edit: I added Action Boost as a Circumstance bonus, since it stacks with everything else, and is activated.

Aelasyl
04-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I hate to nitpick, but the Dexterity bonus to AC is it's own type of bonus and should not be lumped in with the Dodge bonuses. Other than that very nicely compiled thread. :)

Also, here's a bit of a contribution.
The Dusty Rose Ioun Stone provides a +1 bonus to AC. I can't nail down what type of bonus though. It has the protection ability.

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I hate to nitpick, but the Dexterity bonus to AC is it's own type of bonus and should not be lumped in with the Dodge bonuses. Other than that very nicely compiled thread. :)

Yah, I couldn't really figure out how to classify the Dex Bonus...I'll just give it it's own :P

Maldini
04-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Protection +2/+3, etc. is considered a Deflection bonus, no?

tr0tsky
04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Protection +2/+3, etc. is considered a Deflection bonus, no?

Yes.

Gimpster
04-26-2006, 03:28 PM
edit: I added Action Boost as a Circumstance bonus, since it stacks with everything else, and is activated.

Technically it's an unnamed bonus, which also means it stacks with everything.

tr0tsky
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Added "Active Block" as a Misc Bonus.

Oran_Lathor
04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this as i only read the OP but there is a Cloak of Shadow (from the chest on the right - sometimes- at the vamp) that is hide/MS +7 and deflection (i think it is deflection) +2 to ac.

tr0tsky
04-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this as i only read the OP but there is a Cloak of Shadow (from the chest on the right - sometimes- at the vamp) that is hide/MS +7 and deflection (i think it is deflection) +2 to ac.

Thanks, added :)

tr0tsky
05-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Added Ironweave Robe.

Dragonhyde
05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
What would the plus 2 ac bonus i can give with heros companion be classified as? This also gives plus two to saving throws and something extra to hit and damge rolls. This is off of karmalady my level 9 halfling ranger.

tr0tsky
05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
What would the plus 2 ac bonus i can give with heros companion be classified as? This also gives plus two to saving throws and something extra to hit and damge rolls. This is off of karmalady my level 9 halfling ranger.

I'm not sure what the type would be...only way to find out is to see what it does (or more importantly doesn't) stack with.

I would assume that it's a misc bonus and stacks with everything, but I've never had a chance to test it.

Esilfhil
05-01-2006, 01:48 PM
I have not seen any discussion on how Adamantine effects
AC or deflection bonuses or is Mithral a better choice?

tr0tsky
05-01-2006, 01:52 PM
I have not seen any discussion on how Adamantine effects
AC or deflection bonuses or is Mithral a better choice?

Adamantine has no effect whatsoever on your AC...it gives you Damage Reduction.

Mithral *can* affect your AC (by raising the Max Dex bonus on armor, allowing you to get more benefit from high dex.)

winsom
05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Very good summary. I like this one better than the one with the NWN info mixed in.

Edit: Giant Dodger says it gives an "additional +4", so I'm going to assume they get a base +4 vs giants even if it doesn't say so.

Dwarves get a vs Giants AC innate ability listed under their feats. Dwarves can increase this further with Giant Dodger enchancement, which stacks with the innate bonus.

tr0tsky
05-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Very good summary. I like this one better than the one with the NWN info mixed in.

Dwarves get a vs Giants AC innate ability listed under their feats. Dwarves can increase this further with Giant Dodger enchancement, which stacks with the innate bonus.

Ah, ok, I see it now. I checked in the Dwarf race page on the compendium but not the Dwarf-specific Feats (was under the impression that was feats only a dwarf could choose while levelling)

TheEndlessGrey
05-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Ranger Enhancement:
Favored Defense I-III: +2-4 AC vs Favored Enemies

Kragus
05-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Max Potential AC is actually 70 from current discussion. This is based on a Chaotic Halfling 2 Barb/8 Figther Build:

Has anyone seen +4/+5 mithril armor (other than the +5 mithril chain Kundarak Delving Suit dragon loot)? I have never seen or heard of +4/+5 mithril armor in game and assumed that it would not exist (at least yet) because with +3 and the mithril modifier, it would max out in value for the current game system.

tr0tsky
05-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Ranger Enhancement:
Favored Defense I-III: +2-4 AC vs Favored Enemies

Added, thanks.

tr0tsky
05-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Has anyone seen +4/+5 mithril armor (other than the +5 mithril chain Kundarak Delving Suit dragon loot)? I have never seen or heard of +4/+5 mithril armor in game and assumed that it would not exist (at least yet) because with +3 and the mithril modifier, it would max out in value for the current game system.

Here's something that was posted in Adar's Marketplace forums

+5 Mithral Fullplate of Stability & +5 Mithral Tower Shield pic (http://home.comcast.net/~doogie/myarmor.jpg)

clanqui
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Based on minimum level numbers, Mithril and adamantine don't seem to have a level bonus. (and don't in PnP) Also, people do pull the occasional minimum level 10 (+6 equivalent) items out of very top end chests, and hypothetically you could probably even get a racially limited +7 equivalent out of those chests, although I haven't heard of it.

Kragus
05-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Here's something that was posted in Adar's Marketplace forums

+5 Mithral Fullplate of Stability & +5 Mithral Tower Shield pic (http://home.comcast.net/~doogie/myarmor.jpg)
Wow... I think that the Dwarf only probably helps... that's still an amazing piece of armor.

Kragus
05-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh... don't forget Stability items... +2 deflection AC/+2 saves (Neutral alignment only).

tr0tsky
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh... don't forget Stability items... +2 deflection AC/+2 saves (Neutral alignment only).

It's the first item on the Deflection bonus list ;)

Kragus
05-02-2006, 03:05 PM
It's the first item on the Deflection bonus list ;)
Heh... was doing something else at the time and apparently didn't read the list too carefully. :o

Deckeon
05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
As per PnP - Ioun stone should provide an insight bonus.

tr0tsky
05-02-2006, 03:33 PM
As per PnP - Ioun stone should provide an insight bonus.

Well, I have a Dusky Rose Ioun Stone. It's a deflection bonus in DDO :)

tr0tsky
05-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Added Chaosgarde Bracers from Xorian Cipher.

CieloBlade
05-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Do armor bracers stack with armor?

tr0tsky
05-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Do armor bracers stack with armor?

If they both give the same type of Bonus (besides Dodge/Misc which stack), they don't stack.

So...if by "armor bracers" you mean like the WW ones, then no, they don't stack.

tr0tsky
06-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Updated with +5 Armored Bracers (race restricted).

xenxes
06-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Can someone make a definitive DR thread? I'd do it if I weren't so lazy. :p

tr0tsky
06-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Can someone make a definitive DR thread? I'd do it if I weren't so lazy. :p

DR is...way too confusing... :P I can't figure out for the life of me how it stacks/doesn't stack in DDO.

Shade
06-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Dwarfs Giants Dodger is in addition to there base racial ability, as all enhacements. So provides +8 total vs giants.
Paladin Aura actualy shows up as a Misc bonus in the AC readout. Tho morale sounds right.
Defensive stance and combat expertise are listed as feat bonuses, and don't stack as you can't use both at the same time.
Fighters Mobility adds +2 to +5 depending on level, for a total of +6 to +9 tumbling AC.

DR list is kinda pointless as very little stacks. Basicly:
Warforged can get 2-7 (Feats, enhacement)
Barbarians 3-5 (enhancement)
Everyone else 1-5 (items)

tr0tsky
06-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Dwarfs Giants Dodger is in addition to there base racial ability, as all enhacements. So provides +8 total vs giants.
Paladin Aura actualy shows up as a Misc bonus in the AC readout. Tho morale sounds right.
Defensive stance and combat expertise are listed as feat bonuses, and don't stack as you can't use both at the same time.
Fighters Mobility adds +2 to +5 depending on level, for a total of +6 to +9 tumbling AC.

Thanks for the input. Giant Dodger enhancement and base racial ability are both listed in Dodge Bonus (enhancement and race, respectively) so they would correctly stack to 8 if you had both.

I moved Paladin Aura to Misc. It's a Morale Bonus in PnP, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Added a note about Stances and added the information for Fighter's Mobility.

Maldini
06-01-2006, 10:54 PM
To really see if it's a morale bonus, see if it stacks with Hero's Companion.

tr0tsky
06-02-2006, 12:50 AM
To really see if it's a morale bonus, see if it stacks with Hero's Companion.

First I'd have to find a Halfling that actually has that :P Might be able to convince someone to get it once we get bonus action point token things.

Maldini
06-02-2006, 09:04 AM
First I'd have to find a Halfling that actually has that :P Might be able to convince someone to get it once we get bonus action point token things.

Doesn't the AC bonus go up as the enhancement level goes up? Or what actually increases? Because it goes from Hero Companion's I - X.

Einstein4513
06-02-2006, 12:22 PM
You can't block and tumble can you, retaining both the extra AC (and DR) for blocking and the AC for mobility?

tr0tsky
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
You can't block and tumble can you, retaining both the extra AC (and DR) for blocking and the AC for mobility?

I don't think so...you have to be blocking to tumble...but I don't *think* you retain the active blocking bonus while tumbling.

tr0tsky
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Doesn't the AC bonus go up as the enhancement level goes up? Or what actually increases? Because it goes from Hero Companion's I - X.

I'm not sure...ddowiki says that Heroes Companion VIII is +2 to saves/attack/damage/ac but it doesn't say what type...and it doesn't have info for the #s of the other ones.

Maldini
06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Riott rolled a Halfing Barb Thrower for our Sunday steady group and took Hero's Companion as an enhancement. I would swear that it said morale bonus, but I can't be sure until Sunday.

I also have to add Hero's Companion to the max potential AC thread once I see what the max AC bonus that it gives.

Einstein4513
06-02-2006, 03:44 PM
AC for a lvl 10 dwarf ftr while tumbling
10 base
13 +5 mithral full plate
9 +5 Mithral Tower Shield
3 Max dex bonus
1 dodge
1 fighter's dodge
5 combat expertise
4 Fighter's combat expertise
4 mobility
5 fighter's mobility
3 Spectacular optics (is there a umd/race req on these?)

For a 58 AC unbuffed, while tumbling, with other possible buffs
6 Fighter's action boost
5 pally's aura of good
3/5 barkskin
etc etc...
Questions:
does all of the above stack, mainly, do combat expertise and shield bonuses still apply while tumbling?
Do you need both a mithral tower shield and mithral full plate for a max dex of 3, or just the full plate?
Can those neckaces of +1 natural armor be traded, and if so is anyone in tharashk willing to sell one?
Is anyone on the tharashk server willing to sell any of the above equipement?
does anyone have any ideas for improving this AC for a neutral, dwarven ftr build?
other than making him chaotic for those nice bracers instead of spectacular optics...
thanks.

edit:actually gonna roll another char that's halfling, for the +1 size bonus to AC. Plus, no cha penalty like dwarves, so i can get a better intimidate. No str required, so that penalty doesn't matter, just intimidate, absoloutely 0 DPS here, just Intimidate and roll around. plus, there's the invaluable humor that comes with a fully armored halfling tumbling around and drawing all the aggro by threatening stuff. he's just so tiny to be drawing all the aggro...but anyway that's gonna quickly degenerate into something for a character build thread.

tr0tsky
06-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Yes, passive Shield bonuses and Combat Expertise will benefit you while Tumbling. If you only have Mithral Full plate, your max dex will be +2 with a regular tower shield.

tr0tsky
06-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Updated with info on Halfling's Companion.

Shade
06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
k tested Hero's Companion X..

+3 AC, +3 Attack, +3 Damage
Probably morale like pally aura.. But also shows up as Misc bonus.

kinda junk as it only last 1minuit.

tr0tsky
06-10-2006, 12:08 PM
k tested Hero's Companion X..

+3 AC, +3 Attack, +3 Damage
Probably morale like pally aura.. But also shows up as Misc bonus.

kinda junk as it only last 1minuit.

alright, thanks. Would it be possible to test it *with* a Pally's Aura to see if they stack? If they're misc bonuses, they should...but this is DDO :P

Shade
06-10-2006, 12:09 PM
alright, thanks. Would it be possible to test it *with* a Pally's Aura to see if they stack? If they're misc bonuses, they should...but this is DDO :P

Yes i will try on my halfling urgash sometime..

Maldini
06-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Both Hero's Companion and Paladin's Aura are Morale Bonuses and do not stack with each other. I believe that Hero's is +4 at Level 10.

Korvie
06-27-2006, 09:41 AM
with the new enhancements a dwarven fighter can get another +5. So now using Full Plate you can use up to a 22 dex and not have any loss of dex bonus, up to a 26 dex if you wear mithril... fun fun fun :)

Jandulh
06-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Onxyhorn???

THis weapon provides a "Finesse" bonus, the only one I've ever seen on ANY item. However, with the included weapon finess it grants while it's weilded, it also gives +2 to dex, an effective 1 to ac if the armor permits. Does the 'finess' item bonus stack with dex gear? just a question, will drop the 40k to find out later.

hellfyreii
07-06-2006, 11:50 AM
nice but a dwarf fighter cant get up to 26 dex hehehe
max i see is start
+2 tome
+4 item
+2 from lvling
24 total

but who would max dex on a dwarf fighter?

tr0tsky
07-06-2006, 11:52 AM
nice but a dwarf fighter cant get up to 26 dex hehehe
max i see is start
+2 tome
+4 item
+2 from lvling
24 total

but who would max dex on a dwarf fighter?

You *could* start dex at 18...would just be rather odd :P If you were going to make a dex fighter, I'm not sure why you would choose Dwarf.

tr0tsky
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Does the 'finess' item bonus stack with dex gear? just a question, will drop the 40k to find out later.

Sorry I didn't see this. No, the +2 dex doesn't stack with regular +dex items. They both provide an "Enhancement Bonus" to Dex.

hellfyreii
07-06-2006, 04:55 PM
yea sorry being at werk and thinking about ddo racial stats dont go hand in hand for me hehe ... but why make a dwarf anyways they fugly

Gror_Stoneshard
07-07-2006, 08:17 AM
... but why make a dwarf anyways they fugly
HEY! I resemble that comment! :)

drtran
07-09-2006, 05:33 AM
how about UMDing the chaosguard bracers then adding spectacular optics (or shield of faith) = +1 more AC, right?

shadrock99
07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Dear AC bonus threaders,
Prolly way to late for anyone to even notice this.. the game manual clearly states dodge bonuses only stack up to +10, not sure about misc. bonuses, get out the calculalator and re-figure the numbers if you would.

Sincerely,
Shadrock

tr0tsky
07-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Dear AC bonus threaders,
Prolly way to late for anyone to even notice this.. the game manual clearly states dodge bonuses only stack up to +10, not sure about misc. bonuses, get out the calculalator and re-figure the numbers if you would.

Sincerely,
Shadrock

Well, it's fairly clear that isn't the case in DDO, since you can have Combat Expertise (with the 2 enhancements) and Chaosgarde for a total of +11 AC from Dodge bonuses.

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Anyone found any new AC bonuses in Module 2? :)

Sylvias
07-14-2006, 12:31 PM
TMK Uncanny Dodge only opperates when in Medium or Light armor, Not heavey

I believe so. But you shouldn't be worried about using Uncanny Dodge with Mithral Full Plate as it should be considered medium armor. Mithral also lowers the armor category down 1 (heavy becomes medium, medium becomes light, and light, well, stays light.)

tr0tsky
07-14-2006, 02:00 PM
I believe so. But you shouldn't be worried about using Uncanny Dodge with Mithral Full Plate as it should be considered medium armor. Mithral also lowers the armor category down 1 (heavy becomes medium, medium becomes light, and light, well, stays light.)

Uncanny Dodge has no armor requirements in DDO, neither does Evasion, or Barbarian's Fast Movement, or Ranger Combat styles, or anything else.

You can use Uncanny Dodge in whatever you want :)

wulfwraith
07-26-2006, 09:40 AM
hi! awesome thread, thanks! my only 2 cp are that they have officially removed the ring of trollish regen so maybe it could be denoted as such, since some new ppl still think its around from the forum posts.
my only other thought is, there's not a whole lot of stackable dodge bonuses for non- fighters or non-dwarves, a lowly human cleric for example is left high and dry. If anyone finds anything to add to this particular column, I'd sure be appreciative! again, awesome job and THANKS!!!

tr0tsky
07-26-2006, 12:07 PM
hi! awesome thread, thanks! my only 2 cp are that they have officially removed the ring of trollish regen so maybe it could be denoted as such, since some new ppl still think its around from the forum posts.

Good point, I've noted that in the OP. Thanks.

Dalen_Thunderfist
07-28-2006, 12:32 AM

Absalom
09-14-2006, 01:11 AM
For all practical purposes, after an AC of about 45, is there really much use? I mean, this is not a definite statitistic, but I'd say that at an AC of 45, 97% of the creatures in DDO have NO chance of EVER even hitting you unless they crit. So in that case, wouldn't all that extra AC gained through spending dex, etc be better used in your own to hit bonus by raising your strength? In such a case, moderate or heavy fortification is all that is gonna help you.

If there is anyone who has done some experimenting, I'd liketo hear because this has been a question I've had for some time. Where is the point at which higher AC becomes meaningless for all practical use in the game. It would seem there would be a pretty clear "to hit" arc in the creatures in game. Are there some with an attack bonus of 30+? Certainly. But that is the question. How many and how often do you come across them? If the percentatge is high enough, then definately max that AC is high as you can. If not, then you have spent precious rescources to twink out an attribute that may have no meaningful effect for 97% of your game play.

grimblackblade
09-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I apologize for coming late to the discussion. Very well done and worth it for those trying to achieve higher AC and saving some of the cleric's sp and our our wallets with healing pots.

I was checking out armor today for my Fighter (who obviously is going for the full plate max with mith if possible) and my ranger/fighter archer. My archer has the benefit of using any armor, maxing the dex bonus, and having no minuses for hitting or damage with the bow. That being said, I was looking specifically for that armor/dex combo that would give me the best AC. Oddly enough, I found the Padded Armor gave the best 'natural' AC when taking into account full DEX and a 0 for armor check penalty. It does have the downside of not allowing mithral, but it is easier to aquire a good set with attributes.

I realize that a ranger/fighter is probably not the most common multi-class, but I thought it would be usefull to include each armor type and statistics in the opening post to make this thread even more complete.

I'm sure there is a thread out there with this info, but with a quick search I could not find it. From the brokers, I wrote down some stats. Not sure if they are totally accurate or not:

Key: Item / Base AC / Max Dex / Penalty / Total (+5 version)

Light Armor
Padded / 1 / 8 / 0 / 9 (14)
Leather / 2 / 6 / 0 / 8 (13)
Studded / 3 / 5 / 0 / 8 (13)
Chain Shirt / 4 / 4 / -1 / 8 (13)

Medium Armor
Chain Mail / 5 / 2 / -4 / 7 (12)
Hide / 3 / 4 / -2 / 7 (12)
Scale Mail / 7 / 0 / -3 / 7 (12)
Breastplate / 5 / 3 / -3 / 8 (13)
Brigandine / 5 / 3 / -3 / 8 (13)

Heavy Armor
Full Plate / 8 / 1 / -5 / 9 (14)
Splint Mail / 6 / 0 / -6 / 6 (11)
Half Plate / 7 / 0 / -4 / 7 (12)
Banded Mail / 6 / 1 / -5 / 7 (12)

Thurgrim
10-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Actually, trot, I am that goofy kinda person to make a dex fightin' dorf. :p

I am doing it more of something fun to do, rather than get all crazy with number crunching. I have him taking both the Fighter's and Dwarven Armor mastery lines, gave him Wep. Finesse and Combat Expertise (never tried it before, so felt like playing around with it). I also took Precision since I have several Finesse stat damagers (Rapier of wounding, one of Puncturing, and at least one Maladroit and Weakening light maces).

ATM, he is a lev 5/1 fighter/pally. With only +4 FP and a +5 Heavy Steel shield he has a standing AC of 36. It will go up another 2AC by level 10 from the last 2 Armor Mastery Lines, as well as another 2 AC when he can finally wear his +5 FP and +5 heavy steel shield.

That will bring him upto a standing AC of 40, but he also has Chaosgarde waiting for him and a run of Threnal will net the Spectacular Optics. So now he is upto 45AC, before CE is turned on, without the legendary +5 Mithril FP (which I just want to see once in my pitiful existance!! :( ), Barkskin, Heroism, etc, etc.

I have no problem hitting things, yet (I know I will be slightly less effective than an all out melee spec hitting machine on certain Elite critters, but most of them will need a Cleric in their pocket unless the player knows how to play them well).

I did originally choose to make him a Giant Killer, and with the Giant Dodger Enhancement swapped in, add another +8 to that AC against them pesky foot stompers. Plus the ability to use Divine Wands (Healing, Lesser Restore, Bull's Strength, etc) has come in EXTREMELY handy.

So, he might not be the "best choice" for a Dex fighter, but he is viable none the less, and a whole lot of fun!

And for the record, Trot, I love this thread. Thought I prefer not too cookie-cut and carbon copy my builds from the Forums, I did learn a HUGE amount reading this and incorporated what I learned into my game play builds. Kudos to you!!

NOTE: I wouldn't recommend this build unless you have specific weapons available too you as you can get frustrated falling behind the curve too much, so to speak, when compared to other fighters, but I picture it as each build has it's own place.

Cambo
10-04-2006, 12:21 AM
To elaborate on grimblackblade's post further and Add "Mithral" armour versions, as this is the only armour feature that improves A/C.

AB=Armour Bonus DB=DexBonus SCP=Skill Check Penalty
AC=Max Armour Clas (+5)=+5 Version

. . . . . . . AB /DB /SCP /AC .(+5)
Light Armor
Padded......./ 1 / 8 / 0. / 9 .(14)
Leather....../ 2 / 6 / 0. / 8 .(13)
Studded....../ 3 / 5 / 0. / 8 .(13)
Chain Shirt../ 4 / 4 / -1 / 8 .(13)
Mith ChainSht/ 4 / 6 / 0. / 10 (15)
Mith BreastPt/ 5 / 5 / 0. / 10 (15)
Elven Chainm./ 5 / 4 / -1 / 9 .(14)

Medium Armor
Chain Mail.../ 5 / 2 / -4 / 7 .(12)
Hide........./ 3 / 4 / -2 / 7 .(12)
Scale Mail.../ 7 / 0 / -3 / 7 .(12)
Breastplate../ 5 / 3 / -3 / 8 .(13)
Brigandine.../ 5 / 3 / -3 / 8 .(13)
Mith FullPla./ 8 / 3 / -2 / 11 (16)
Mith Splintma/ 6 / 2 / -3 / 8 .(13)
Mith HalfPlat/ 7 / 2 / -1 / 9 .(14)

Heavy Armor
Full Plate.../ 8 / 1 / -5 / 9 (14)
Splint Mail../ 6 / 0 / -6 / 6 (11)
Half Plate.../ 7 / 0 / -4 / 7 (12)
Banded Mail../ 6 / 1 / -5 / 7 (12)

Mithral (Elven is Mithral) increases the Max Dex Bonus by 2, Reduces Skill Penalty by 3, Mithral for most armour reduces the armour by 1 class (eg Medium to light) and Reduces Arcane Spell Failure by 10%

Therefore if you only have Medium Armour Proficiency you can still use Mithral Full Plate (e.g. Barbarian) or Light Armour Proficiency you can use mithral Breastplate or Elven Chain (eg. Bard)

NB: when selecting an armour type to look for be aware that if you reach medium encumerance your max dex bonus will drop to 3.

No Armor
At about 30Dex (+10 Dex Bonus) it may be better to move to robes;
- Needs Armoured bracers +4/5(Limits iron manacles etc) or Mage Armour Spell +4
- Base A/C will be dex bonus (10 at 30Dex) +4 Armoured Braces (14) equivalent to +4 Mithral Chain Shirt/Breastpalte or +5 Full Plate
- It's great to enable a Quick switch in of Robe Enhancements

wemery73
10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
thanks for the info

Phate47
10-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Since I picked up one of these from Threnal:

Thanatos Weave Robe (Deathblock, +2AC Armor Bonus)

Garth_of_Sarlona
11-14-2006, 07:04 AM
The ring of stability (invaders reward) gives a +2 natural armor bonus... didn't see that on the list.

Haeson

UtherSRG
11-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Ring of Balance - Stability, Natural Armor +2, Balance +13, Dismissal 3/day

RedErick
11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Don't forget to add a +1 AC bonus for Haste.

maloriq
11-27-2006, 06:36 PM
No Invaders ring on there, yet.

Plus, based on it, it seems that the silver flame trinket, the planar gird, etc (pro ____) are useless if you have the optics.

Korvek
11-27-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm coming in late to this discussion, and I don't know if this has already been said, but I believe a level 12 ranger's barkskin spell acts as a +6 natural armor bonus, rather than +5.

UtherSRG
12-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Natural Armor: Balance Ring (+2, from Invaders! tokens)

UtherSRG
12-02-2006, 12:21 PM
AB=Armour Bonus DB=DexBonus SCP=Skill Check Penalty
AC=Max Armour Clas (+5)=+5 Version

. . . . . . . AB /DB /SCP /AC .(+5)
Light Armor
Padded......./ 1 / 8 / 0. / 9 .(14)
Leather....../ 2 / 6 / 0. / 8 .(13)
Studded....../ 3 / 5 / 0. / 8 .(13)
Chain Shirt../ 4 / 4 / -1 / 8 .(13)
Mith ChainSht/ 4 / 6 / 0. / 10 (15)
Mith BreastPt/ 5 / 5 / 0. / 10 (15)
Elven Chainm./ 5 / 4 / -1 / 9 .(14)

Medium Armor
Chain Mail.../ 5 / 2 / -4 / 7 .(12)
Hide........./ 3 / 4 / -2 / 7 .(12)
Scale Mail.../ 7 / 0 / -3 / 7 .(12)
Breastplate../ 5 / 3 / -3 / 8 .(13)
Brigandine.../ 5 / 3 / -3 / 8 .(13)
Mith FullPla./ 8 / 3 / -2 / 11 (16)
Mith Splintma/ 6 / 2 / -3 / 8 .(13)
Mith HalfPlat/ 7 / 2 / -1 / 9 .(14)

Dragon loot includes the Kundarak Delving Suit: +5 Mithral (looks like chanmail) 10 AB and 6 DB. This is the best (by 1) light armor and better than the best medium armor (same AB+DB total, but no SCP).

daydrmrzzz
12-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Halfling rogue 2/ranger 8/any other 2 can have a much higher dex than 30. 20 start, +1 rogue dex 1, +3 ranger dex 3, +2 Halfling dex 2, +3 ability boosts, +2 tome, +5 item = 36 dex (+13 AC) Armor bracers +5, Robe of stability +2, +5 darkwood heavy shield (+7 AC)= 27 pts of AC from dex, armor and shield alone. This equals the +5 Mithral full plate of stability/+5 mithral tower shield/+3 dex bonus total (+27 AC), but it has 0 armor check penalty, and 0 penalty to hit, and changes instantly.

Cambo
12-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Halfling rogue 2/ranger 8/any other 2 can have a much higher dex than 30. 20 start, +1 rogue dex 1, +3 ranger dex 3, +2 Halfling dex 2, +3 ability boosts, +2 tome, +5 item = 36 dex (+13 AC) Armor bracers +5, Robe of stability +2, +5 darkwood heavy shield (+7 AC)= 27 pts of AC from dex, armor and shield alone. This equals the +5 Mithral full plate of stability/+5 mithral tower shield/+3 dex bonus total (+27 AC), but it has 0 armor check penalty, and 0 penalty to hit, and changes instantly.

be aware that your AC will drop by 10 if you get medium encumerance - which isnt hard on a 1/2 ling dex min max toon.

Also the +2 advantage from stability will be negated by spectacular optics ....have heard roumers of "greater" stability items in the future though....TRUE neutral is good.....

daydrmrzzz
12-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Spectacular optics would replace the +2 stability with +3, not negate it. Also, they would be an option with armor as well, so you could compare the +25 Ac without stability robes to the +25 AC Mithral full plate/ mithral tower shield (also without stability). comes out still equal. Of course, with the upcoming changes to the enhancement system (mod 4?), this build could be either improved or nerfed, but armor probably won't be changed. The warning about encumbrance is still valid, though. You need to watch it (espescially if you have all 5 inventory tabs). And you could replace the halfling with elf or drow, losing only the +1 size bonus to AC (and the other halfling benefits).

shiffd
12-22-2006, 04:56 AM
I've seen and heard a lot about armor mastery.

I checked the compendium and there is nothing on it. I would like to know more about these feats, do they exist in DDO? Where can I get specific information on them?

What are teh pre-reqs etc.? My WF barbarian is level 11 now. I'm trying to figure out how to get his AC up, its at about 35 now, I think I can get him to about 43 if you I use defensive fighting and uncanny dodge, but uncanny dodge doesn't last very long. Anyway Trying to figure out what feat to take and level 12 and/or what items to try and get to get his AC up a bit.

Now I'm using-
+5 doc
+5 heavy steel shield
delaras bracers (+4 deflect)
max dex bonus of +1 (12 dex)

so 10+13+7+4+1 = 35

uncanny dodge adds another 4 and I guess so would defensive fighting. (total of 43 i think)

Anyway I'd like to get it up in the 40's without having to rely on uncanny and defensive fighting.

Any advice on some items to pick up or some feats to take? Maybe tower shield?

Cambo
12-22-2006, 05:47 AM
I've seen and heard a lot about armor mastery.

I checked the compendium and there is nothing on it. I would like to know more about these feats, do they exist in DDO? Where can I get specific information on them?

What are teh pre-reqs etc.? My WF barbarian is level 11 now. I'm trying to figure out how to get his AC up, its at about 35 now, I think I can get him to about 43 if you I use defensive fighting and uncanny dodge, but uncanny dodge doesn't last very long. Anyway Trying to figure out what feat to take and level 12 and/or what items to try and get to get his AC up a bit.

Now I'm using-
+5 doc
+5 heavy steel shield
delaras bracers (+4 deflect)
max dex bonus of +1 (12 dex)
so 10+13+7+4+1 = 35
uncanny dodge adds another 4 and I guess so would defensive fighting. (total of 43 i think)
Anyway I'd like to get it up in the 40's without having to rely on uncanny and defensive fighting.
Any advice on some items to pick up or some feats to take? Maybe tower shield?

dodge feat +1
barkskin +3-6 depending on source (+3 from potion last 4 mins)
Titan ring +2 dodge
There are a few other items..that might help..

Tower shield will reduce your hit by 2 from memory (I dont use one)
I think armour mastery is only for fighters and dwarves as an enhancement...perhaps the enhancement system respec will change this....

Straton
12-22-2006, 06:12 AM
Just a small addition to this great post. The queen raid drops a +3 natural armor bonus ring which can also give stoneskin 3/day (12th lvl caster):eek: .
Also the armor mastery enhancement (fighter enhancement) increases the max dex bonus in your armor. So if you use a +5 Mith FP and have Armor Mastery III you can get +5 dex bonus to your AC.

/Straton aka Galard

Officer of The Coalition Of Might on Adar

shiffd
12-22-2006, 07:03 AM
I often get barkskin cast on me by good casters who've got the spell, perhaps I'll make a point of asking for it more often.

I'll look for items with dodge and natural ac enhancments.

I can't get dodge feat as my natural dex started at 10, i'd need to find a +3 dex tome to get my dex up to 13 so that I'd be eligible for the dodge feat.

What level is the fighter enhancement? If i took my 12th level in fighter would I be able to select it? I think with +1 dex tome and +3 dex item I can get my dex bonus up to +2, still kinda weak I guess.

I think I'm gonna make a WF fighter, I'll definitely take that feat, so I'd get total max dex bonus of 3 right? I'd want to start with a natural dex of 11 I guess, +2 tome and +3 item I could have 16 dex, take dodge feat and that enhancement for total of extra +4 to ac right?

Vincenz
12-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Shff...it also looks like you're still not 12th yet, so technically you could use your 12th level stat point on dex and your 1750 favor tome and still get dodge on this character.

shiffd
12-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Shff...it also looks like you're still not 12th yet, so technically you could use your 12th level stat point on dex and your 1750 favor tome and still get dodge on this character.

good point! I forgot about that.

I think I'm gonna put the extra point into Con though, and the tome as well. I'm gonna break 400 hit points soon, but I'm gonna need every last point of con to do it. At 30 con right now, shooting for 34 or better.

I think I'm just gonna give up on AC and take the WF DR feat. I'll end up something like this--

7/adamantine DR
100% fortified (with item not feat so still healer freindly)
35~43 ac (up as high as 50 with spells like barskin prot evil etc.)
over 400HP

I've also got a lot of resistance items, 10 fire and 3~5 for everything else.

Trap? what trap? Nah, just a scratch man I'll be alright. What, you guys need me to run through the trap again and pick up all your stones? NP I've still got a couple hundred HP left.

Vincenz
12-22-2006, 07:24 AM
now THAT is a tank...armor class, schmarmor class with those HPs, DR, and resists ;)

shiffd
12-22-2006, 07:33 AM
now THAT is a tank...armor class, schmarmor class with those HPs, DR, and resists ;)

And with -10 or so to move silently he pretty much sounds like a tank too. My +5 shield has bashing, so I can put it up for an even more insane DR and still attack with my best attack bonus and 2d6 +5 damage. Its really great to talk about him but it would be soooo much cooler if i could log in and play him! HAHA! What a wonderful Christmas present from DDO, lock me out of the friggin game so i can troll the forums.

Actually I think I could have more HP if I wouldn't have taken the first level of rogue. There is a 12th level enhancement for barbarians which gives you an extra 20 HP. So when all is said and done I will have 26 less HP than a full barbarian would. But some of the rogue stuff really helped (took it at first level) like having maxed out balance and being able to pick locks. Also I already have all my enhancement slots full, barb toughness, wf con, barb con and improved DR. I'd have to give up imprvd DR to get the extra 20 hp enhancement at level 12, that or give up the barb toughness which would trade 14 hp for 20, only a 6 point diff, so really im just 12 hp behind a similar build with same DR and no level of rogue.

Ron
01-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Feat: Uncanny Dodge (+4-6, Barbarian/Rogue Only)

Why is this listed as 4-6? I can't figure out what makes it a range. I need to know for the AC calculator for the planner. Anyone want to educate me? :)

Shima-ra
01-28-2007, 06:50 AM
+4 for uncanny dodge
+6 for improved uncanny dodge

SqtYork
01-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Adamantine - +8 / max dex +1
Composite - +2 / no max dex bonus
Mitril - +5 / max dex +5
Docents + 0-5

tr0tsky
03-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Ok, I'm here for the weekend (at least). Fill me in on what I've been missing the past months and I'll get this updated :D Either reply here or just PM me.

Ron
03-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey Tr0ts, just to let you know, this thread was my primary resource for adding the AC calculator into the planner. Now that you're back (even if just temporarily), I just wanted to say thanks for the great resource.

tr0tsky
03-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey Tr0ts, just to let you know, this thread was my primary resource for adding the AC calculator into the planner. Now that you're back (even if just temporarily), I just wanted to say thanks for the great resource.

Good to see it was helpful. I was rather surprised to see it was listed in the big Guide listing even though it wasn't being updated, but I guess there hasn't been too much change to how AC works. With the new enhancements, I'm going to take a look over it, and go through the unique item post and see what I can find there.

Yay for DDO Forums :D

edit: Think I got all the new items off the Definitive list. Gonna take a look through enhancements/spells now. Well...after coffee :D

The_Cataclysm
03-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Missed the Ring of Balance (from invaders end rewards). That is +2 natural armor.

Cambo
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Great work.

Because you listed Armoured bracers +1-5 in the armour section
it is worth mentioning up to +4 protection items that I have seen in the AH, obviously random drop like the armour bracers.

Items I have seen include +1-4 protection Rings, Necklaces & Cloaks

Now all i need is some +5 Armour braces, and a +4 protection necklace...

tr0tsky
03-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Ok, think we're all updated for now. If anyone sees any errors or has additions, lemme know.

Huebacca
03-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Spell: Shield of Faith (+2-3)
SoF give +4 from a lvl 12 cleric

Kraanon
03-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Got a +5 protection cloak last weekend so you can ad that to the list as posibles.

The_Cataclysm
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Armored Bracers can now go up to a +6 bonus.

roggane
05-09-2007, 01:25 AM
armored bracers can go up to a +7 bonus.

Grimlock
06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
+8 bonus in the DMG.

+16 bonus if you take a look at the Epic Level Handbook.

It'll be a while before we hit that epic level 21 though.

Garth_of_Sarlona
06-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Small additions:

Spell: Shield of Faith (+2-4)

I've seen +5 shield of faith pots

Dragonplate armor gives you a +14 AC bonus

Garth

Udar_Giantbane
06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Cloak of Invisibility
+2 Deflection bonus to AC

Gol
06-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Armored Bracers can now go up to a +6 bonus.
RR +7 Bracers drop, too.

BrettVe
06-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Sources of Armor Bonus

Item: Docent (+0-5, Randomly Generated)
Item: Armored Bracers (+1-6, Randomly Generated)
Item: Blackwidow Bracers (+4, from Waterworks)
Item: Jeeka's Spangle (+2)
Item: Delera's Vestments (+2, from Delera's Tomb)
Item: Ironweave Robe (+5, from Dragon Chest)
Item: Vulkoorim Dervish Robe (+4, from Sands of Menechtarun)
Item: Ring of Trollish Regeneration (+2, no longer in loot table)
Spell: Mage Armor (+4)
Feat: Warforged Armor Feats (+2-8)

Warforged Armor feats and Docents do stack. I guess that is obvious, but I didn't realize the black widow bracers or Armored Bracers do not stack with the docents until recently :-(

If I use the dragon shard to redo my feats, can I get the mitheral armor feat as a warforge? I assume no, but I want to ask anyway.

Cambo
06-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Warforged Armor feats and Docents do stack. I guess that is obvious, but I didn't realize the black widow bracers or Armored Bracers do not stack with the docents until recently :-(

If I use the dragon shard to redo my feats, can I get the mitheral armor feat as a warforge? I assume no, but I want to ask anyway.

I have heard that you cant. But if you talk to the dragon mark person your feat respec from her can be armour....Just romours as I dont play a worforged.

Gol
06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
White dragonscale robe is +6 armor, too. 2 parts of that "Sources of Armor" need to be updated. +7 bracers, +6 robe.

Krep
07-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Need to add weapons of Parrying to the definitive list.

Not sure where these fall or if there's another thread already that's taken over for this one...

Krep

Cinwulf
07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
apparently protection items of +6 can be generated http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=114197

Borror0
07-26-2007, 03:33 PM
apparently protection items of +6 can be generated http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=114197

Impossible, that's epic.

Cinwulf
07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Well I don't see why he would be looking to trade it away if he didn't have it.

binnsr
07-26-2007, 04:44 PM
White dragonscale robe is +6 armor, too. 2 parts of that "Sources of Armor" need to be updated. +7 bracers, +6 robe.

Hard for it to be updated when tr0tsky doesn't play anymore ..

Last Activity: 05-25-2007 02:38 PM

Borror0
07-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Well I don't see why he would be looking to trade it away if he didn't have it.

Well, it's impossible. Never heard of, and SoF caps at +5 (at level 18) so, no, impossible... yet.

Krep
07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Hard for it to be updated when tr0tsky doesn't play anymore ..

So is there another thread that is up-to-date? If not one of you heavy duty board posting masters should take up the gauntlet!

This is (was) a useful thread!

I would do it but I am just a newb.

Krep / Kruz Ghallandra

The_Cataclysm
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
So is there another thread that is up-to-date? If not one of you heavy duty board posting masters should take up the gauntlet!

This is (was) a useful thread!

I would do it but I am just a newb.

Krep / Kruz Ghallandra

Just started today (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=115491)

LewsTherin
08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Someone refresh my memory. Do insight bonuses stack if they're different numbers?

binnsr
08-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Someone refresh my memory. Do insight bonuses stack if they're different numbers?

no .. the only ones that 'stack' are dodge.

shenthing
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Maybe I missed it, I did see someone here mention insight bonus but I don't see it on the first post. Is there something else on there it wouldn't stack with or are you just leaving out GS?

Claransa
11-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Inspire Heroics (bard song) Gives a +4 morale bonus to all saves and a +4 dodge bonus to AC to yourself or a single ally.

Ridcully1984
11-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Inspire Heroics (bard song) Gives a +4 morale bonus to all saves and a +4 dodge bonus to AC to yourself or a single ally.

Awwww a Thread-Necromancer :P

I added you information here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=279991
This is the newest Definitive AC-Thread and I'd be delighted, if I'd get further Information.