PDA

View Full Version : A splash of Rogue

DakFrost
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Rouge should always be applied before the use any other class. Most new players lack the art of applying rouge effectively; they either apply it in excess or to the wrong stage of progression.

The aim of applying rouge is to bring an efficiency and excitement to a tedious class and make it attractive and refreshing. So, rouge should be so used as to heighten the skills and abilities of a class and not to hinder it by exaggerated use or untimely application.

Rouge is available in three forms - assassin, mechanic and acrobat. Apply rouge on the first level, then again as necessary throughout your progression. The type of rouge used should always accentuate the natural qualities of your character. An over application of rouge can often result in the appearance of tactlessness and delicacy and should be avoided.

Cheers

DakFrost
02-14-2011, 05:49 PM
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/09/17/PH2006091700805.jpg

MasterOfWorlds
02-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Very funny. And informative.

Alabore
02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
What is fun and sad at the same time is, I wish I had know before dipping too deep on my earliest chars...

:rolleyes:

DakFrost
02-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Just as an additional note, my WF Wizard looks absolutely dashing with his rouge splash, and thankfully, lovely pink docents are abundant and easy to find.

It's all about color coordination when using rouge properly.

Cheers

madmaxhunter
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
lol, +1... Next can you address the topic of when/how to use the Ninja mascara?

Bahgs
02-15-2011, 02:20 PM
No one has mentioned how overpowdered some of these rouge splashes can be?

Son, I am disappoint.

EKKM
02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
You misspelled rouge in your last sentance :D

DakFrost
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
No one has mentioned how overpowdered some of these rouge splashes can be?

Son, I am disappoint.

Indeed. Overpowdering a rouge splash on a character can have numerous negative results. Firstly, the rouge can quickly become distracting from the true beauty of a characters main class if it is over applied. Secondly, if it is not applied properly to a character, rouge splashing can result in less then optimal results and often leave your character worst off then if no rouge had been applied at all.

Thanks for your tip, as anyone familiar with rouge splashing knows, it is a learned skill.

Cheers

DakFrost
02-15-2011, 02:41 PM

So embarrassing! I don't even know what that "rogue" word means! Probably some techno jargon used only on internet forums amongst nerds and geeks.

LordMond63
02-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Example of overpowered rouge splash:

http://www.rockyhorrorcostumelist.info/makeup/franksweettmkup.jpg

FlyingTurtle
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Example of overpowered rouge splash:

http://www.rockyhorrorcostumelist.info/makeup/franksweettmkup.jpg

When it is so overpowdered, it is no longer a splash of rouge, but frankly a full trans-class experience. It might make your role hard to identify and people might be uncomfortable inviting you to the party.

Zirun
02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
This thread is very informative!

I would also like to add that it's often best to take exactly two splashes of rouge, so you can avoid unwanted smearing and other generally distasteful effects when it gets a little too hot, cold, or acidic.

LordPiglet
02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Depending on the desired qualities of the rouge splash it can be effective to wait ( see the blitz build for an example). However most new players desire it for traps though so it's more effective to immediate apply your rouge

Philibusta
02-18-2011, 02:01 AM
Don't want to derail...just a short one for the glass house dweller...

You misspelled "sentence" in your only sentence. :D

EKKM
02-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Don't want to derail...just a short one for the glass house dweller...

You misspelled "sentence" in your only sentence. :D

That was obviously an intentional misspelling meant to ironically convey the humour of the situation.

<hopefully they believe me.. wait, am I typing this...?>

FlyingTurtle
02-18-2011, 10:56 AM
OMG what happened to the thread title?

tihocan
02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Overzealous forum moderator? :eek:

DakFrost
02-18-2011, 02:32 PM

What the....!?!?!

Did a moderator actually correct my purposely misspelled title?

So much for the humor...

Alabore
02-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Did a moderator actually correct my purposely misspelled title?
So much for the humor...

:rolleyes:

LordMond63
02-18-2011, 08:08 PM
When it is so overpowdered, it is no longer a splash of rouge, but frankly a full trans-class experience. It might make your role hard to identify and people might be uncomfortable inviting you to the party.

I'm thinking that someone that overpowdered is perhaps not quite secure in their classfulness and feels the need to act out on their impulses. They also strike me as someone who has no problem putting up their own LFG, which, given the leader, would make for a most interesting PuG.