PDA

View Full Version : Add teleport to Court of Lailat once it's been discovered

Carpone
02-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Please add a method to teleport to the Court of Lailat from either Zawabi's Refuge or just inside the Sands of Menechtarun explorer area. The teleport would only be available once you've discovered the Court of Lailat. This would be similar to teleporting to Chief Ungurz in Tangleroot by talking to Eremic in the bar.

I'd love something similar for Chains of Flame too.

Ironforge_Clan
02-14-2011, 08:08 AM
/not signed

Ther are too many easy buttons as it is in this game. Having to take 45 seconds to run there is no big deal.

Krag
02-14-2011, 08:10 AM
/signed
Or better remove the need for reflagging. Level 12 quest on casual as a reflag for an epic raid is a bad joke.

mws2970
02-14-2011, 08:13 AM
/not signed

Ther are too many easy buttons as it is in this game. Having to take 45 seconds to run there is no big deal.

Then they should remove the portal option to ToD too?

/signed

They could also add one to get to the Titan pre as well.

Jiipster
02-14-2011, 08:15 AM
/not signed

It's not an easy button, it's removing something that's boring.

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 08:16 AM

/signed

The ToD one is needed since ToD is a raid and you can't enter the battlefield while in a raid... DQ1 is a 6 man quest.

Now Titan could use one since ToD has the mechanic and they are the same issue, 6 man instance the 12 man raid instance inside it.

So /not signed for DQ1

But /signed for Titan

Ironforge_Clan
Are you kidding? Seriously? Didn't they already do this? I mean really is it really that painful to run out to ADQ1 and run it on <cough> casual? Seriously, the quest is usually "done" with five people waiting around by the time the sixth person even gets to the entrace.

I mean what has this game come to when people want an easy button on top of an easy button.

DEVS if you happen to read this why not change it back to the way it use to be so then people really have a reason to make suggesion (and I do mean whine and complain by that).

bryanmeerkat
/not signed

Its hardly challenging is it ?

Memnir
02-14-2011, 08:17 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/Rick-Harrison-Pawn-Stars-1.jpg

Ironforge_Clan
02-14-2011, 08:18 AM

/signed

That mechanic was created that way so I have no opinion on it to be honest. Would I mind...nope because running out there isn't difficult. Bottom line is they have provided too many easy buttons in this game and those of us that cut our teeth on this game when it came out can't believe the watered down version that everyone seems to complain about now.

mws2970
02-14-2011, 08:19 AM
The ToD one is needed since ToD is a raid and you can't enter the battlefield while in a raid... DQ1 is a 6 man quest.

Now Titan could use one since ToD has the mechanic and they are the same issue, 6 man instance the 12 man raid instance inside it.

So /not signed for DQ1

But /signed for Titan

Good point about ToD. I forgot about that.

Zaal
02-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Please add "Forced Log out" when player asks for Quest Share if quest giver is standing beside quest entrance!

mws2970
02-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Please add "Forced Log out" when player asks for Quest Share if quest giver is standing beside quest entrance!

LMAO......how about forced delete? That would show them! :P

Zaal
02-14-2011, 08:23 AM
LMAO......how about forced delete? That would show them! :P

Last night running THE PIT and someone asked for a Quest share and i had the testies to speak up and demand it not happen!!!!

I had wheaties yesterday morning so i guess that explains my bravado :)

grodon9999
02-14-2011, 08:23 AM
That mechanic was created that way so I have no opinion on it to be honest. Would I mind...nope because running out there isn't difficult. Bottom line is they have provided too many easy buttons in this game and those of us that cut our teeth on this game when it came out can't believe the watered down version that everyone seems to complain about now.

Cutting out a waste of time isn't an easy-button.

What is really gained by the re-flag other than us getting a laugh at the occasional ape who dies in a 12th level quest on normal?

mws2970
02-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Last night running THE PIT and someone asked for a Quest share and i had the testies to speak up and demand it not happen!!!!

I had wheaties yesterday morning so i guess that explains my bravado :)

Well, Wheaties is the Breakfast of Champions and is well-known to inspire bravado! :P

I still gotta laugh at a lvl 16 cleric who asked for a share for the Orchard. I called him out on it and he dropped group within 30 secs.

Maitland
02-14-2011, 08:29 AM
I dont mind doin the run.

Its not really that far..

/notsigned
Bluntt Roller

sweez
02-14-2011, 08:32 AM
/signed
Or better remove the need for reflagging. Level 12 quest on casual as a reflag for an epic raid is a bad joke.

Basically, this. DQ1 reflagging serves no purpose other than wasting people's time. Easy buttons? DQ1 casual is a hard button? Seriously?

Chai
02-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I think the easy button should just appear in my feats list so I can drag it to my hotbar and use it. It will be like resists where you push it the first time and it has a Demon queen completion variant, a Reaver completion variant, a Shroud completion variant, a Titan completion variant, a TS completion variant, a Hound completion variant, a VoD completion variant, a ToD completion variant, and a VoN completion variant. I can then have an entire hotbar of easy buttons I can just push every three days that completes the raid and pops a chest right in front of me wherever I am. If the raid happens in parts, I get the chest(s) for each part and the optional XP. If theres an epic version, I can have a separate epic hotbar at level 20. I mean who wants to run to Chronoscope, its all the way accross the market!! I shouldnt have to be troubled to run there, form groups, or actually know quests. Pffft.

Carpone
02-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Running to the Court of Lailat or Chains of Flame doesn't take any skill. There's no point in having to run there; it's just a waste of time. Long, boring runs through a sparsely populated zone is not entertainment. I'm merely suggesting a mechanic that already has precedence within the game (Tangleroot).

I'm not advocating removal of ADQ as a prereq to DQ. Take that to a different thread, please.

Krag
02-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Easy and boring != difficult. You may multiply the running time by x10 and it won't be even a tick more challenging.

Easy button fallacy is just an excuse for people who used to run to school uphills both ways and have no idea what's the difference between challenge and boredom.

grodon9999
02-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Easy and boring != difficult. You may multiply the running time by x10 and it won't be even a tick more challenging.

Easy button fallacy is just an excuse for people who used to run to school uphills both ways and have no idea what's the difference between challenge and boredom.

Exactly.

bryanmeerkat
02-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I think the easy button should just appear in my feats list so I can drag it to my hotbar and use it. It will be like resists where you push it the first time and it has a Demon queen completion variant, a Reaver completion variant, a Shroud completion variant, a Titan completion variant, a TS completion variant, a Hound completion variant, a VoD completion variant, a ToD completion variant, and a VoN completion variant. I can then have an entire hotbar of easy buttons I can just push every three days that completes the raid and pops a chest right in front of me wherever I am. If the raid happens in parts, I get the chest(s) for each part and the optional XP. If theres an epic version, I can have a separate epic hotbar at level 20. I mean who wants to run to Chronoscope, its all the way accross the market!! I shouldnt have to be troubled to run there, form groups, or actually know quests. Pffft.

Well an easy button that allows you to quickly get to the content would be a lot different than an easy button that completed the content for you .

sacredtheory
02-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Exactly.

/Signed

Oh Noes, my join date is 2009, I must have no idea what I'm talking about! Please excuse my noobishness and ignorance.

Kza
02-14-2011, 08:50 AM
/signed boooring run there for the 98732532765 time.

After once explored you should be able to port to any quest in any explorer imho, ddo is quest based, fast and furious, not flowersniffing waltz in the park game. Its ok having walks in the park for ppl wanting it but let us others skip that after once found.

Kza
02-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Do ppl seriously thinking its an easy button to play the game (quests) instead of running to the quests? Ugh... ok... Are we playing same game? The hard part for you ppl are to find the quests in the explorer areas?

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Tangleroot and the Demon Queen areas are also two different designed areas.

Where is the quest giver for the parts of Tangleroot? That's right it's Ungurz who is in the explorer zone. He's there to make the parts of the quest easier for everyone. If he was in the bar it would be a pain to update your quest log and then go back to the quest every time. This was a smart design due to the quest being a many part quest with the same entrance located in an explorer zone.

Demon Queen flagging has all quest givers outside the explorer zone since they are single quests with entrances in an explore zone.

Two different designs and each works for the chain they are part of.

Still /not signed for DQ

Sarisa
02-14-2011, 08:54 AM
I was thinking that it would be a lot more fun to have ADQ1 be a 12-person preraid like VoN or Titan. It would get rid of the long boring run (Zawabi would have to teleport you in), wouldn't have to split the party and wait for the other half, and would get rid of the "oops, I didn't talk to the Djinn twice" annoyance.

The problem is a wipe on the raid itself would take far longer to reform.

Chai
02-14-2011, 08:55 AM
I think the Tangleroot precidence isnt the same. Level 3-7 quests =/= a raid, or flagging for one.

I thought the ToD thing more equated to this, except ToD is the raid itself and not the flagging. Why dont we have a teleport to bastion of power?

"The game has already been noobed down in this fashion before so theres no reason not to do it again" is what turned DDO into the easy button it is today. I remember when we used to cry about how difficult things were, and look where that got us.

Give us the teleport, then make all flagging, including the must-repeat pre raids epic only to get into the epic raid. Running these on casual to get into the epic raid is hilarious. Hows that for boredom -vs- challenge?

lekkus
02-14-2011, 08:57 AM
To make seal farming easier?

/no not signed.

Krag
02-14-2011, 08:59 AM
I thought the ToD thing more equated to this, except ToD is the raid itself and not the flagging. Why dont we have a teleport to bastion of power?

Because you don't need to run Bastion more than once to flag for ToD.

mws2970
02-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Give us the teleport, then make all flagging, including the must-repeat pre raids epic only to get into the epic raid. Running these on casual to get into the epic raid is hilarious. Hows that for boredom -vs- challenge?

Having to run pre-raid flagging quests on epic to get into the epic raid? Hmmm.....I like it.

sweez
02-14-2011, 09:07 AM
To make seal farming easier?

/no not signed.

Your level 20 toons find running to DQ1 hard?

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
*quoted wrong post* meant to quote Chai's
"Give us the teleport, then make all flagging, including the must-repeat pre raids epic only to get into the epic raid. Running these on casual to get into the epic raid is hilarious. Hows that for boredom -vs- challenge?"

This is actually a good idea and would make it so that people who get epic raid completions earn them.

They'd have to move the DQ1 entrance to be the Djinni and allow raid parties in it (make it a little harder?) but that would work... then when you complete DQ1 and a Portal would open for you to go into DQ2 like the other raids with preraid.

In order for epic to be unlocked for the second part of raid you would have to enter from the epic version of the preraid.

Zuldar
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
/not signed

Why is it that people seem to confuse time with challenge? Just because something takes time doesn't make it difficult, it just makes it tedious. I'd much rather spend those 45 seconds actually playing the game rather then spending it waiting to play the game.

TheHolyDarkness
02-14-2011, 09:11 AM
/signed

Its boring. If I wanted to play an MMO where I had to walk everywhere, well...I'd be playing an MMO that doesn't instance itself on everything.

Seriously, the walk up is boring. Just have the djinn teleport me outside of Lailat so I can get this nonsense started already. I don't have all day.

~TheHolyDarkness Out~

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Why is it that people seem to confuse time with challenge? Just because something takes time doesn't make it difficult, it just makes it tedious. I'd much rather spend those 45 seconds actually playing the game rather then spending it waiting to play the game.

Why is it people think that running to a quest isn't part of the game?

You are using one side of the sword we are using the other...

bobbryan2
02-14-2011, 09:15 AM
It's annoying and does nothing to add to the game other than making it take longer to put DQ2 groups together. I don't like wastes of time. If no one would run DQ1 on its own merits, then think about updating the quest with named loot, or something similar.

Zuldar
02-14-2011, 09:18 AM

For the same reason driving to an amusement park doesn't count as riding the roller coaster. The big selling point of DDO was never the walk to the quest, it's the quest itself.

norman_quickfinger
02-14-2011, 09:18 AM
ADQ is an easy run out there. Suck it up and run it. The Titan does have a teleport to it in a way. GT and the Sub.

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 09:21 AM
For the same reason driving to an amusement park doesn't count as riding the roller coaster. The big selling point of DDO was never the walk to the quest, it's the quest itself.

But you still have to walk from the entrance of the park to the coaster...

and you chose a good thing to connect with me, since I've rode over 200 different coasters...

Zuldar
02-14-2011, 09:22 AM
But you still have to walk from the entrance of the park to the coaster...

Believe me, if I could demand a magical genie to teleport me from the parking lot to the coaster, I'd do that too.

Gorbadoc
02-14-2011, 09:23 AM
It's not an easy button, it's removing something that's boring.

/Agree. They should either:

Make the run interesting (maybe have some wacky switch-pulling puzzles; think of the paths to the Subterrane raids),

or

Make the run hazardous/challenging (maybe random ambushes by efreeti, and any efreet you don't kill warps to the choke point where you first catch sight of the quest entrance),

or

Eliminate the run altogether (as with a teleporter).

KillEveryone
02-14-2011, 09:23 AM
/sarcasm

Yea, I find it real difficult to run to the entrance. It is just sooooooo hard to get there, especially when I skip killing anything.

/sarcasm off.

I agree that there should just be a teleport there. The run mean nothing. The run is no challenge. I don't know anyone that bothers with killing stuff on the way there unless they need to reduce any DA and even then there are plenty of people that can get there regardless of DA level.

I find it rather funny that people are against this using the easy button argument because this isn't a easy button. It is more convenience. It gets you there a bit quicker.

Really, I think that after killing the queen, the dijinn should appear next to the chest and send you inside the actual raid from there, similar to how it is done in VoN. Make the pre-raid a 12 person instance. Change the story slightly so that the Dijinn is free of his circle for a short time to appear with you so he can send you to the court but once his power is used, he gets rebound into his circle. This would clear up the forgetting to click the correct number of times.

I also agree with the epic requirement of the pre-raid being required to do the actual raid on epic. Same with VoN. Running these things on casual is silly but so is doing those quests on any other difficulty if you are lvl 20.

SEMPER
02-14-2011, 09:30 AM

So /not signed for DQ1

But /signed for Titan

so have each 6 man group run out to the cave and form up as a 12 man raid , I mean seriously you have to look at both sides if your going to make excuses this is pretty much what is done for DQ now

Titan has one it's Greater Teleport , even though its not a NPC doing it for you there is a option

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
For Titan you form a raid in the sub and teleport out to the 12 man preraid and raid. For DQ you form 2 6 man parties and run the preraid and then form a 12 man raid an run the raid. Turbine has so many different raid flagging rules you really need to examine each in it's own right and try to understand why they did what they did. Also with some of these they already have made them simpler, look at VoN and DQ where you used to have to run the quests to get to the preraid every time. Really should every raid be a 15 minute do x to get to the boss then surround the boss or stand here and beat the boss down quest? Sorry that would be even more boring.

Could they make it a 12 man preraid and use the Djinni as the entrance probably but then they need to design a way between the preraid and raid and also make it harder cause everyone would gripe about the preraid being to easy with 12 people running it since people are complaining about it being a grind with a 6 person party.

Chai's suggestion above about making people run preraids on epic to enter an epic raid would make sense here but then you'd have people not running these because "it takes too long to run them totally on epic.."

You have a huge catch 22 to Turbine here, whatever they do someone won't be happy.

Cyr
02-14-2011, 09:52 AM
/not signed

Meaningless grind != challenge...just like riding a pony from stable to stable in LOTRO does nothing to increase the challenge and everything to merely spend more time doing an activity. As most DQ runs are done over level this does equate to a meaningless grind in most cases.

A logical way of doing this, therefor, is to have a teleport option on Zwabi that only works if you are 5+ levels above the level of the quest on elite. I would state that a similar teleport option for offering and chains is reasonable in the same manner.

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Meaningless grind != challenge...just like riding a pony from stable to stable in LOTRO does nothing to increase the challenge and everything to merely spend more time doing an activity. As most DQ runs are done over level this does equate to a meaningless grind in most cases.

A logical way of doing this, therefor, is to have a teleport option on Zwabi that only works if you are 5+ levels above the level of the quest on elite. I would state that a similar teleport option for offering and chains is reasonable in the same manner.

Chains is only needed to run 1 time though for flagging. Why an exception for it only? I just don't see the reasoning people single it out.

The correct arguement would be to teleport to any quest inside an explorer after you found it. Sounds like that would make all the I don't have time to walk to a quest people happy. But now you'll have groups requiring people to be able to teleport to the quest. This in turn will hinder grouping. Again a double edge sword that Turbine probably wants to err on the side which wouldn't hinder grouping.

Another option would be to remove all quests from explorer zones. This would almost make all explorer zones wastelands except for the named loot you get from them. Again not really a great idea for Turbine from a game design standpoint.

Vengeance777
02-14-2011, 10:14 AM
I would rather have a port to Chains of Flame that's a longer more boring run. Takes 5 mins to get a group together out there, longer if you have to clear the way to the shrine on the opposite side of the mountain as well so blue bars can go in with full sp when running it near level.

Gianthold like Teleports would be very nice for the desert though. Once you beat a quest the Djinn could port you to the general area of it.

KillEveryone
02-14-2011, 10:24 AM
This would almost make all explorer zones wastelands except for the named loot you get from them. Again not really a great idea for Turbine from a game design standpoint.

Really, except for the named loot areas and for those that actually want to do S/R/E, the explorer zones are wastelands.

Talon_Moonshadow
02-14-2011, 10:38 AM
This is not something I think that is the slightest bit a problem. So I do not support spending any dev time on this idea.

DQ1 is an easier run than OOB and especially CoF. It's not an easy button, it's a lazy button.

Slightly related, it amazes me that so many lvl 20s have trouble getting through explorer areas. Not knowing the way and causing red alerts. IMO, there is a lvl of game knowlege that should be obtained as you lvl up.

I also really dislike seeing those LFMs for casual DQ1 for a bunch of lvl 20s that should be doing something more to their lvl. Don't like Norm Von 5/Epic Von6 LFMs either.

But whatever.... I already know it's a losing battle. :(

Lorien_the_First_One
02-14-2011, 10:54 AM

This game was built with teleporters all over the place, quest entrances that magically sent you directly to the quest miles away, etc. One of the selling features on the boxes and website for DDO was, until recently "spend time running quests, not running to them".

A HUGE selling point of this game was the lack of running around to get places, we need to have more options to eliminate the remaining long walks . (Or do you still run caravan every time you want to go to the desert?)

ulticleo
02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I disagree completely.

The run is extremely challenging. I find it very hard to keep my patience when people take their time getting to the sands so I can show them how to get to quest. I find very hard to not boot someone who, after I've cleared the 6 swords while they were stumbling around in the explorer area, realizes they forgot to talk to djinn and have to recall and start over. I find it an extreme test of my skill to not throw insults in the face of newbs who think that a map of the desert will get them to the quest.

in all seriousness, i run this a lot. almost always on casual, and almost always picking up first timers (or even not first timers, but don't know the way to quest/haven't bothered to learn/figure out the quest). I don't mind in general, but it can get frustrating to run to the quest 3 times due to various reasons. It's not a 45 sec run. It takes my hasted invised wiz about 2.5-3 min. No, it's not a huge deal. Yes, it is a needless irritant.

Maybe teleport there after finding is a bit too easy. How about teleport after the first raid completion?

/signed

Also, I don't run much epics because I don't like epics, but I do occasionally come to help guildies. I like the idea of epic preraid in order to access epic raid. It'll make the whole thing feel more... epic.

so also /signed for that.

Carpone
02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Chains is only needed to run 1 time though for flagging.
Hi, people run Chains of Flame on epic. The 5 min run out there is annoying and doesn't add anything to the game.

Carpone
02-14-2011, 11:08 AM
And for all the people who think adding teleporters to Sands of Menechtarun somehow diminishes the game, then where are all your threads about removing existing teleporters like Tangleroot, Giant Hold and ship Planescallers from the game? If you've got a valid proposition to remove teleporters, then start a thread for their game-wide removal instead of trolling this thread.

Elyanna
02-14-2011, 11:11 AM
This game was built with teleporters all over the place, quest entrances that magically sent you directly to the quest miles away, etc. One of the selling features on the boxes and website for DDO was, until recently "spend time running quests, not running to them".

A HUGE selling point of this game was the lack of running around to get places, we need to have more options to eliminate the remaining long walks . (Or do you still run caravan every time you want to go to the desert?)

I bought the box the day it hit stores and yes it does probably say what you quoted. I don't have it here with me. But less doesn't mean no walk. Yes that is using semantics as an arguement but so is saying less should mean no walk from the giver to the quest.

The game has evolved over 5 years, the explorer areas were welcomed when they were first put in as something else to do.

To answer your question about Desert Caravan. No I don't run it all the time. Heck I hardly ever run it. The quest premise is the same as "Protect Coyle for 15 minutes" and we all know the general view of that.

I'm not saying that the teleports shouldn't be done but I am saying every change is this game has consequences that need to be looked at. I have even posted an option to take all of the walks away also but then there is the loss of some great work developers have done which is my basis for not signing it along with the fact that the run to ATDQ1 takes me less than 4 minutes if that to do I don't think I lose haste from a caster before I make it to the quest for a run before an epic.

I for one love the landscape of the desert and I do run slayers/rares/explorers when I have time where I don't feel like partying or if people are running one I feel like doing at that time.

Talon_Moonshadow
02-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Ooooppps...wrong thread. :(

Undone1
02-14-2011, 11:19 AM

/signed chai
Raids should be able to be run only on the difficulty all members have completed flagging on. Force reflagging for EDQ and EVON6.

Cyr
02-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Chains is only needed to run 1 time though for flagging. Why an exception for it only? I just don't see the reasoning people single it out.

Because it has an epic option which by definition makes the explorer area a joke to run through at that level...

I would not see the harm to implement a similar teleport option for other quests in explorer areas where there is a reason to run them at much higher level then the explorer area was made for. So for Fens also.

Again it is no challenge for some guy to have to find the quest in a level 11? explorer zone at level 20. So the flag should be based upon character level and not if they have been there before.

valorik
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't understand... why do people think making the run adds anything to the game? it's 2 minutes, that can multiply if you forget to pick up the quest, or if someone happens to fall etc, there's 0 challenge to the mobs, it's just a waste of time.

/signed op

Thrudh
02-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I would rather have a port to Chains of Flame that's a longer more boring run. Takes 5 mins to get a group together out there, longer if you have to clear the way to the shrine on the opposite side of the mountain as well so blue bars can go in with full sp when running it near level.

We don't need a Chains teleport... You only have to do it once...

Besides, you should be doing it at level, and then you actually WANT all the slayer experience as you run out there

I'll /sign for the DQ1 teleport though...

Thrudh
02-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Because it has an epic option which by definition makes the explorer area a joke to run through at that level...

That's a good point I guess....

Cyr
02-14-2011, 11:31 AM
This is not something I think that is the slightest bit a problem. So I do not support spending any dev time on this idea.

DQ1 is an easier run than OOB and especially CoF. It's not an easy button, it's a lazy button.

So what if it is a 'lazy button'. Is there an inherent value in having people waste time?

By the same logic would it be a good thing for you to have to run misery's peak everytime you want to run an epic quest? It's the same idea just drawn out to a larger extreme.

Carpone
02-14-2011, 11:46 AM
nt

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I for one love the landscape of the desert and I do run slayers/rares/explorers when I have time where I don't feel like partying or if people are running one I feel like doing at that time.

And how would a teleport option change that ? Just because the option would exists, it doesn't mean
that you would have to take the teleport. You could still run out to the quest if you so desired, right ?

I would like to know how you get to DQ1 in 45 seconds. At best it's 1:30 but more like 2 minutes of wasted time.

/signed

Malison
02-14-2011, 11:57 AM
/signed, because of the requirement that the player has made the run before.

The run to DQ1 is an amazing tool for telling if a player is (competent or experienced, one of the above). When your puggies can't get to the prequest given directions, it's reasonable to assume they won't be able to follow directions within the quest either.

But once they've figured it out, I see no reason to require it again.

This. If I want to run around in the explorer zone, I don't have to run a quest to get there. If I want to run a quest I've done before, I don't want to spend a long time running through the wilderness.

Also /signed.

Talon_Moonshadow
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM
So what if it is a 'lazy button'. Is there an inherent value in having people waste time?

By the same logic would it be a good thing for you to have to run misery's peak everytime you want to run an epic quest? It's the same idea just drawn out to a larger extreme.

The more I read this thread, it probably makes more sense to just eliminate the need to run DQ1 to reflag for DQ2.

One reason I don't run E DQ2 often is because of feeling so stupid joining a Casual DQ1 flagging run. Lvl 20s have no business running casual DQ1 IMO.

Memnir
02-14-2011, 02:27 PM
The run is what... two minutes, tops, if you take the time to sight-see along the way?

It's not hard. It's not long. Teleporting to the DQ's doormat is simply not needed.

Bobthesponge
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
/signed

reflagging has already been removed, youngling. you used to have to rerun all three prereqs to open up ADQ1 again.

Bobthesponge
02-14-2011, 02:42 PM

that already exists. it is called a greater teleport scroll.

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 02:51 PM
The run is what... two minutes, tops, if you take the time to sight-see along the way?

It's not hard. It's not long. Teleporting to the DQ's doormat is simply not needed.

And neither is wasting 2 minutes of game time running to DQ1. It just not needed.
It serves no purpose.

My sight seeing days are over for the trip to DQ1, done it at least 60+ times maybe more.
Don't think I am going to see any thing new in my 61st run, 62nd, etc...

Memnir
02-14-2011, 02:54 PM
If you cannot "waste" two minutes of time getting to a quest - then maybe you should find another quest to run.

Just sayin'.

NaturalHazard
02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
/not signed

what about the option for tod? I like anything that saves time and running to the court takes needless time.

/signed

NaturalHazard
02-14-2011, 02:56 PM
reflagging has already been removed, youngling. you used to have to rerun all three prereqs to open up ADQ1 again.

thank goodness for that!!

NaturalHazard
02-14-2011, 02:58 PM
All these people who complain about easy buttons and implementing this, if it was implemented, you still dont *have* to use it, you can still do your sight seeing runs as well, im sure you all run to tod, to maintain the *challege* that you think the game requires :rolleyes:

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 03:04 PM
If you cannot "waste" two minutes of time getting to a quest - then maybe you should find another quest to run.

Just sayin'.

And maybe they should put a teleport option in, you don't have to use it.
You can make the choice to take a 2 minute run out to DQ1 sight seeing along the way.

It's about options!

Just sayin'

muffinlad
02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I hate many of the easy buttons that have been added in...but this would not be one of them.

A "gate" to the DQ1 ent. similar to Tangleroot would save time. Making DQ1 harder, and a 12 person "pre" quest like VON 5/Twilight Forge seems in order as well.

muffindq1runner

Memnir
02-14-2011, 03:08 PM
And maybe they should put a teleport option in, you don't have to use it.
You can make the choice to take a 2 minute run out to DQ1 sight seeing along the way.

It's about options!

Just sayin'I don't sight-see - and make it in less then two minutes, thanks. :) If you can't... well. Best not to pursue that line of dialog.

We'll agree to disagree on it's relative need. My only advice is not to hold your breath waiting for that option to materialize. Turbine already streamlined DQ flagging once. It'll probably be a while before they take it any further.

Chai
02-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I don't understand... why do people think making the run adds anything to the game? it's 2 minutes, that can multiply if you forget to pick up the quest, or if someone happens to fall etc, there's 0 challenge to the mobs, it's just a waste of time.

/signed op

I agree except....

I can make this arguement about ANYTHING in this game after having played it this long. Scrolls, shards, and seals should just appear in my inventory. Epic isnt challenging, its just a waste of time, and a grind. Mineral 2 and Lightning 2 weapons should fall from the sky. Shroud isnt a challenge, its a time sync.

Its amazing that when something really challenging DOES come out, how quick the same people begin moaning that its too hard and want it nerfed or the minimum level raised. Read: the plethora of "Chronoscope is too hard at level 6" threads. Also read: the threads about epic quests when they first came out. ZOMG the trap DCs are too high!!! Each time we complain the game gets made easier and easier.

P.S. I would LOVE to flag for epic raids in the same epic quests you need to run on regular difficulties to flag for regular difficulty raids. I wouldnt care if the djin that looks like hulk hogan carrys you there himself at that point.

Gorbadoc
02-14-2011, 04:01 PM
And neither is wasting 2 minutes of game time running to DQ1. It just not needed.
It serves no purpose.

My sight seeing days are over for the trip to DQ1, done it at least 60+ times maybe more.
Don't think I am going to see any thing new in my 61st run, 62nd, etc...

To be fair, if I ran the quests that many times, everything about them would feel like rote.

Cyr
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
I agree except....

I can make this arguement about ANYTHING in this game after having played it this long.

You could make that argument, but it would not be convincing.

There is a big difference between doing something at level and doing something 8 levels above what it was designed for.

azrael4h
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
/signed, because of the requirement that the player has made the run before.

The run to DQ1 is an amazing tool for telling if a player is (competent or experienced, one of the above). When your puggies can't get to the prequest given directions, it's reasonable to assume they won't be able to follow directions within the quest either.

Last run into DQ1 I did, Me, a Sorcerer, a guildy Paladin, and one other made it to the quest. We had a rage quit after getting lost and two not-flagged pop in and out. My guildy left, logged on his cleric, and proceeded to get lost. So someone else who had come in had to leave DQ1, and go out and find him. Time took: about an hour and a half, most of it waiting.

I'll /sign just so I don't burn an hour and a half doing nothing again. Though it did put us at perfect timing to log onto a different character and hit a HoX. The run doesn't bother me so much as the wait afterward.

Musouka
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM

As long as they remove the ability to Greater Teleport to Twilight Forge.

stoolcannon
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
/not signed

You're right, the added challenge of running to ADQ really gets my blood rising. If it wasn't so challenging it wouldn't be fun at all, just another pointless 2 minutes wasted running by a bunch of mobs I can kill in one swat to get to another quest I don't want to run again just so I can run the one I want.

Good thing it's challenging though cause none of that is true. It's 100% pure challenging awesomesauce and I don't want them to make the game any easier.

Seriously if running to ADQ is the kind of challenge you're looking for then you're in the right game. Tedium abounds.

Seriously your post is right up there with the guy that argued quest timers shouldn't start on mission completion because it was too easy button. He was right though, after hacking my way through countless mobs I finally broke through with only 5 hp left and rushed up the stairs of the kundarak bank yesterday, barely managing to get my reward before my rage expired leaving me dead upon the bridge.

Oh wait no, none of that happened and his argument was flat out stupid. I just didn't turn in a quest reward after a server shutdown for the last upgrade and wasn't up to the challenge of turning it in when the server was offline.

Long story short:

/Signed.

MrWizard
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM
/signed

this this this this this this this this this this this this

NaturalHazard
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM

yep!!

MrWizard
02-14-2011, 04:31 PM
okay, read the thread.
Agreed, a teleporter guy near the sands entrance would be cool and save time if you have already found it (like ToD entrance).

Running there never bothered me as the real issue was having to do the quest anyway. DQ1 is just not fun or worth anything if you are over leveled and doing it.

It is the second worst flag, second only to the titan. I personally believe that green puzzle is the reason that quest is almost never run...rarely an lfm up. No one runs it.
The quest bites. (tied to a close second with the von5 quest)

dq1 is right up there due to the flagging mechanics (oh, darn, did not talk to zawabi twice, let me run out here again...)
(oh, i just ran out here twice but someone new came in that has been here but not sure how to get here....now that is three times)
all for a 11th level pre raid quest that drops nothing of any value and is a bummer to do.

If anything...why not make the quest a raid like titan, and after killing her twice we can teleport to kill here a third time? (makes wiping a bummer though)

moorewr
02-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Let's add a public zone like the tower cave or the mouth of the volcano, add a Greater Teleport destination, stop yelling at people, and go on our merry ways.

Zaal
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
ahh the days when graphics weren't an issue... when all ya saw were the die rollz:
A) Enter Cave
B) Enter Forest
C) Make Camp
D) Travel back to town

Please select from the above then hit Return >_

:)

Chai
02-14-2011, 04:35 PM
You could make that argument, but it would not be convincing.

There is a big difference between doing something at level and doing something 8 levels above what it was designed for.

Which is why I responded to the people who make the statement that more time =/= more challenge, as follows:

Id give you your teleport, then make people flag on epic for epic raids. Both problems solved. Less time running places, and more challenge flagging. Do we want to have our cake, or eat it?

NaturalHazard
02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
:

. Do we want to have our cake, or eat it?

whats the point in having cake unless you get to eat it? :confused:

SardaofChaos
02-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Which is why I responded to the people who make the statement that more time =/= more challenge, as follows:

Id give you your teleport, then make people flag on epic for epic raids. Both problems solved. Less time running places, and more challenge flagging. Do we want to have our cake, or eat it?

I see no problem with this? Note that most people saying the run is boring also mentioned that flagging on casual for an epic raid is kind of ridiculous.

Chai
02-14-2011, 04:55 PM
ahh the days when graphics weren't an issue... when all ya saw were the die rollz:
A) Enter Cave
B) Enter Forest
C) Make Camp
D) Travel back to town

Please select from the above then hit Return >_

:)

Random Encounter: You are attacked by _brigands_0_18.

After the first 17 brigand attacks, you are attacked by /drumroll. More Brigands.

A) Enter Cave
B) Enter Forest
C) Make Camp
D) Travel back to town
E) Apply Brigand Repellent Spray

Chai
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
I see no problem with this? Note that most people saying the run is boring also mentioned that flagging on casual for an epic raid is kind of ridiculous.

If they changed it to where you have to flag on epic to run epic quests, there would easily be a riot. For every player who wants more challenge, there are at least 10 who want this game to be easier than it already is.

I also think that the way the box is advertised in 2006 has no bearing on the game in 2011.

I do remember the ad that stated there was no running large distances to get from place to place on the box.

It was right next to the ad that stated that this was not a grind game. Bwahahahahahahahahaaaawr, ahem, *cough. How did that turn out btw? :p

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't sight-see - and make it in less then two minutes, thanks. :) If you can't... well. Best not to pursue that line of dialog.

We'll agree to disagree on it's relative need. My only advice is not to hold your breath waiting for that option to materialize. Turbine already streamlined DQ flagging once. It'll probably be a while before they take it any further.

Streamlined, I guess you flower sniff then instead of sight seeing on your run out to DQ1.

It's loads better but far from streamlined.

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
For all you people not signing this and claiming an easy button.

Where are requests and posts to change GH ?
The game mechanics already exists in the game exactly they way the OP was requesting.

Stormeye teleporter to POP sound familiar ?

3 main quests, 3 teleporter options.

It's such a large leap, a game breaker, to have 2 such quest lines to have teleporters.

There is plenty of grind in this game without the needed runs to DQ1 and COF.

SardaofChaos
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
If they changed it to where you have to flag on epic to run epic quests, there would easily be a riot. For every player who wants more challenge, there are at least 10 who want this game to be easier than it already is.

And to them I would say: "What do you think the word 'Epic' means? Just because it starts with the letter E doesn't mean it's the same thing as 'Easy'."

Ironforge_Clan
02-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm glad that I actually had to work today and it wasn't in front of my computer. I therefore was not subjected to the whining rants in this thread. It also prevented me from getting any Love Letters for what would have been some very rude and uncalled for comments that some of these posts would have elicited.

I never equated the run with being a challenge. I simply stated it can be done quickly and I find no reason to install a teleporter. If you simply are too lazy to spend 45 seconds to two minutes to run to a quest entrance then I think as Memnir pointed out you need to be doing other quests.

Blank_Zero
02-14-2011, 05:54 PM

Or if it's a walkup

Mister_Peace
02-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Titan already has a teleport option.

Reavers Refuge badly needs one.

Memnir
02-14-2011, 06:03 PM
--on second thought, not worth it--

Scraap
02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
/signed boooring run there for the 98732532765 time.

After once explored you should be able to port to any quest in any explorer imho, ddo is quest based, fast and furious, not flowersniffing waltz in the park game. Its ok having walks in the park for ppl wanting it but let us others skip that after once found.

Y'know, that notion right there might actually make getting full explorers have a point.

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 06:06 PM
To be fair, if I ran the quests that many times, everything about them would feel like rote.

They do. But if you want the shards, you will run them, over and over.

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Pity personal attacks don't make you right. :)

But hey - I guess in lieu of a good point, it's all you've got.

LOL, And who started the attacks first ? oh, that's right. U

It would be such a game breaker to have a teleporter to DQ1.
Because nothing exists in the game like that today!

Wait....GH Teleporter to POP or other areas in GH. I guess something does exists in the game
that is similar to the OP suggestion.

Once the quests is completed, you can teleport.
3 Main quests in GH, 3 main quests in the desert.

Good enough POINT for YOU!

SEMPER
02-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I bought the box the day it hit stores and yes it does probably say what you quoted. I don't have it here with me. But less doesn't mean no walk. Yes that is using semantics as an arguement but so is saying less should mean no walk from the giver to the quest.

The game has evolved over 5 years, the explorer areas were welcomed when they were first put in as something else to do.

To answer your question about Desert Caravan. No I don't run it all the time. Heck I hardly ever run it. The quest premise is the same as "Protect Coyle for 15 minutes" and we all know the general view of that.

I'm not saying that the teleports shouldn't be done but I am saying every change is this game has consequences that need to be looked at. I have even posted an option to take all of the walks away also but then there is the loss of some great work developers have done which is my basis for not signing it along with the fact that the run to ATDQ1 takes me less than 4 minutes if that to do I don't think I lose haste from a caster before I make it to the quest for a run before an epic.

I'm sorry am i missing something ?? since when did it get released in dec. of 06 ??? or is your join date wrong ?? I mean do tell please since like me your not considered a Founder , but to be honest it really doesn't matter, besides the point is it isn't game breaking and if it gets added , who cares , I guarantee all the people here that are saying /not signed will be using the dam thing if it gets added I guarantee that

KillEveryone
02-14-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry am i missing something ?? since when did it get released in dec. of 06 ??? or is your join date wrong ?? I mean do tell please since like me your not considered a Founder

I remember reading that you didn't have to create an account on the forums the day you started playing DDO. Some forumites that actually started when the game was released have complained about not having the "Founder" title under their name because they didn't create that forum account.

SEMPER
02-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I remember reading that you didn't have to create an account on the forums the day you started playing DDO. Some forumites that actually started when the game was released have complained about not having the "Founder" title under their name because they didn't create that forum account.

This was supposedly taken care of as I didn't have the correct date either and mine has been corrected since then

KillEveryone
02-14-2011, 07:36 PM
This was supposedly taken care of as I didn't have the correct date either and mine has been corrected since then

You are still listed as a community member to me. Are you supposed to have a founder title then?

SEMPER
02-14-2011, 07:38 PM
You are still listed as a community member to me. Are you supposed to have a founder title then?

nope i just think they need to take another look at peoples join date imho for the people that have been around pretty much since release ;) , I think there is a difference between march and december :D

uhgungawa
02-14-2011, 07:44 PM
I say make so anyone that makes a suggestion to cover up how lazy they are are made to re-flag for VoN and DQ every time :D

Hordo
02-14-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry am i missing something ?? since when did it get released in dec. of 06 ??? or is your join date wrong ?? I mean do tell please since like me your not considered a Founder , but to be honest it really doesn't matter, besides the point is it isn't game breaking and if it gets added , who cares , I guarantee all the people here that are saying /not signed will be using the dam thing if it gets added I guarantee that

Dude. Elyanna has had more than one account SINCE RELEASE...I met him just as the game came out of open beta...why don't you actually find out something about the person before attacking them.

As for the teleport thing...most folks are wanting the easy button because they don't know how to play the game in the first place.

dragonoffrost
02-14-2011, 08:46 PM
nope i just think they need to take another look at peoples join date imho for the people that have been around pretty much since release ;) , I think there is a difference between march and december :D

Is there a difference between march 18th and march 28th?

Signed,
Elyanna Maybe?

Postumus
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM

This.

Teleport spell, teleporters, ship navigators... heaven's forfend they add another place you don't have to run to once you've discovered it.

All this talk of 'easy buttons' makes me chuckle.

Strik3r
02-14-2011, 09:27 PM
All these people who complain about easy buttons and implementing this, if it was implemented, you still dont *have* to use it, you can still do your sight seeing runs as well, im sure you all run to tod, to maintain the *challege* that you think the game requires :rolleyes:

This ^^

/signed, to add a teleport to ADQ, as the run is boring at most. Something cant be an easy button if its not hard :)

Saaluta
02-14-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree that everyone should have to flag all epic quests on epic levels to do epic raids. VON 1-4 epic before you can do VON 5-6 epic. Epic chains, wiz-king, and OOB before you can do epic dq1 and dq2. And to get to epic dq1, you should have to run through an epic desert area. So instead of taking 2 minutes to get to dq1, it would take 30-45 cause you don't want orange alert out there... :)

The good thing though would be you'd have a lot more chances to get those epic desert scrolls :)

Saal :)

donfilibuster
02-14-2011, 09:38 PM
/not signed
is an easy run for an easy quest.
not all quests need be the same, if von5 is raid or if you need not rerun tor, or if tod has a portal, or if litany isn't a preraid, each quest can be different.

Chai
02-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I would rather see the DEVs work on something new for the game than put in another feature that takes 2 minutes off peoples travel times once every three days. If people are seriously worried about the amount of time this game takes to play, dont ever pick up another MMO. Most of them take 45 minutes to form a guild raid and arrive at the destination, an hour to clear to the boss, and then 25 minutes of constant DPS to kill it. A wipe means alot of wasted time and even more time to recover to try again.

SEMPER
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Dude. Elyanna has had more than one account SINCE RELEASE...I met him just as the game came out of open beta...why don't you actually find out something about the person before attacking them.

As for the teleport thing...most folks are wanting the easy button because they don't know how to play the game in the first place.

It wasn't a attack , it was a question as there are three questions in there and therefore a question is a way to get to know someone , is it not ??? as I even think we should be named a founder or something higher then community member as well since we were both here since the first few months of the release as he has posted with his other account now and to me it should stand for something to be here for that long and to have supported this game threw all this stuff imho :D

as for the teleport thing who the f... cares it saves a few mins , it isn't game breaking and I'm sure it won't take to much for them to add it

SEMPER
02-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Is there a difference between march 18th and march 28th?

Signed,
Elyanna Maybe?

nope not by there standards or mine it just shows the month unless you look further , it wasn't meant to be a stab at you , it was a question about your join date which isn't a big deal but it just didn't meet up with your comment that is it all so I asked a question but thanx for the clarification

awesome neg rep too my day has been fulfilled to bad they don't show up as red hearts instead lmao

kamimitsu
02-14-2011, 10:16 PM
/signed

As posted plenty, I'd rather run quests than run TO quests. I usually avoid the desert almost entirely because I HATE running to the quests (well, anything but Wiz-king). The desert is the largest wilderness area, and on top of that, one can't just pick the correct direction and run to many of the quests. Instead, one has to go down, around, over, jump, over, down, jump again, put the right leg in, put the right leg out, put the right leg in (again), and shake it all about.

It's dumb and unnecessary. As far as I'm concerned, EVERY wilderness area should have have a 'teleport to quest' option (for plat or whatever) once you've found the quest for the first time (or teleport to area, like in GH). I'm looking at you 3BC!

Edit: Teleporters don't qualify as 'easy button', since they aren't making some difficult easier. They just relieve a small amount of tedium which I find particularly annoying.

Memnir
02-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Can we just have an option that would let us teleport to any quest in the game from the character menu? I mean, why waste time running through the city - right? That takes minutes away from time I could be questing, after all. The city is just one big "zone" that I have to slog my way through day in and day out. The NPCs never change their dialog, the buildings never move, and it's just gotten so dull. I've seen it so many times, and running to the quests and zone-in gates is endless monotony. Why should I be forced to do this every day in order to run the quests I want to run? It's pointless to have a city zone at all.

Just let me log in, select my character, and start off directly in the quests I want to run at that very moment. Everything else is just wasting time.

lugoman
02-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Are you kidding? Seriously? Didn't they already do this? I mean really is it really that painful to run out to ADQ1 and run it on <cough> casual? Seriously, the quest is usually "done" with five people waiting around by the time the sixth person even gets to the entrace.

I mean what has this game come to when people want an easy button on top of an easy button.

DEVS if you happen to read this why not change it back to the way it use to be so then people really have a reason to make suggesion (and I do mean whine and complain by that).

Hey guess what? If they do put a teleport in, you dont have to use it! You can still run and everyone would know what a super awesome hardcore gamer you are!

It wouldnt be an easy button, it would be a lessen the boredom button.

DragonMageT
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Can we just have an option that would let us teleport to any quest in the game from the character menu? I mean, why waste time running through the city - right? That takes minutes away from time I could be questing, after all. The city is just one big "zone" that I have to slog my way through day in and day out. The NPCs never change their dialog, the buildings never move, and it's just gotten so dull. I've seen it so many times, and running to the quests and zone-in gates is endless monotony. Why should I be forced to do this every day in order to run the quests I want to run? It's pointless to have a city zone at all.

Just let me log in, select my character, and start off directly in the quests I want to run at that very moment. Everything else is just wasting time.

Nice job of carrying it to the extreme. DOOM!

Lets do a little comparison between 2 different areas:

Sands
3 main flagging quests
1 pre-raid quest (DQ1)
multiple side quests
Raid DQ2
No teleporter

GH
3 main flagging quests
1 pre-raid quest (TOR)
multiple side quests
Raid Reaver
Teleporter

So what's the big difference ?
GH's pre-raid flagging quest is just a hop, skip and jump away from the tavern
DQ1 not so much, it's over 2 minutes from the start of the explorer area.

45 second run, my ***. 1:30 maybe on a FVS or Monk. Most toons are going to be
over 2 minutes with haste.

I guess anyone that does the Reaver is using the easy button or short bus because
we can walk to in a few seconds.

How is changing DQ1 to be more like TOR an easy button, short bus or any of the other
phrases that people have used. (rhetorical question, it's not)

Memnir
02-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Nice job of carrying it to the extreme.Extreme? Maybe. But, hear me out...

How is running through the city any different then a short jog through the desert? How is what I wrote in any way more or less unreasonable then the suggestion to avoid a two minute (max) jaunt through a zone?

Sure, it's a matter of perspective... but really, what is the difference? Why not just poof directly into every quest's entry as opposed to have to run anywhere? How is being asked to travel for two minutes that intolerable when it's through the desert - but not to get from the Harbor to House J (airship taxi notwithstanding)?

For that matter - why not add teleporters to the Sub T raids?
Or from the bar in the Refuge to any of the flagging quests out there?

Why, if we are to demand the removal of one pretty incidental run, should we not demand we remove them all?
Because once this trend starts - it'd be all too easy to keep it going.

See , I'm not against it because it's putting in an "easy button", it's because I just don't see any way it's needed. We run from place to place endlessly when we log in - why is this run to this quest such an anathema that it needs changing? Because, frankly, if we were to add this kind of teleporter - why stop there? Why not take it to the extreme so that nobody has to be inconvenienced in any way, shape, or form? Is the run fun - no. Is it that bad - also no.

Sure, what I wrote is ridiculous. On that we agree. I just see it as no less ridiculous then asking for this teleporter. And nothing to date in this thread has convinced me otherwise. If I can be convinced, and by convinced I mean something more compelling then "you are wrong because I want it and I say so,", then I'd be happy to throw my support into the idea. But until that time - I see it as a pretty silly thing to get so bent out of shape over.

You want me to agree - convince me that this teleporter is in fact less silly then what I wrote above.

B0ltdrag0n
02-15-2011, 01:21 AM
The only annoying part about ADQ 1 is forgetting to talk to the Djinni 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 times...

I actually enjoy the 2 minute jaunt helps get me in the mood to smash some demon face (I.E. puts me in the right level of annoyed that I want to see the Queen get mauled. ;) )

donfilibuster
02-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Why not just have a farshifter named scotty on the guild ship?

And better yet, make it so we appear on ship upon recall as well.

Or even better, just go play a game that have that already, where no elf have gone before.

Zirun
02-15-2011, 01:29 AM
While we're not adding any teleports to the Sands, let's remove the teleporters in other areas, the teleporters in Stormreach, the ropes, ladders, and hatches that magically take you out of a quest back to its entrance when you get to the end even though the place you exited is not even close to where you entered, and the Recall button. After all, you're not playing the game if you're not walking uphill both ways through six feet of snow while keeping an eye out for Feral Polar Bears with +5 Inevitable Doom Icicles of Unholy Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooom (even though they won't show up, because the area's only level 10 and you're level 20, so even if they did appear they would just be cuddly little kittens with +5 Fuzzy Wuzzy Paws of Wittle Cuteness).

And, while I'm here, I'll quote this nice little banner ad I saw on the forums when they opened in IE: "In other free games, you get to fight traffic. In DDO, you fight dragons. Driving or Dragons?" I'll take dragons over driving. Feel free to call me crazy about that.

/signed, in some way or another. Sands is big enough to warrant at least some kind of teleportation mechanic.

Entelech
02-15-2011, 01:54 AM
I actually like the run out to the Court of Lailat.

When you start a PUG run, it lets you weed out the goofballs who cannot follow directions, cannot navigate to save their lives, and cannot solo a hyena or two.

In short, it saves me from having to carry a total loser through the pre-raid, and prevents said loser from harming the raid's odds of success once we finish.

Let's face it. There are maps of the route. Even if you're incapable of reading them, once you've been shown the route a couple times, you ought to be able to run out with no problems. And if you can't, you need to learn it before you're ready to do the raid.

If it's your first time, I'll lead you out. I don't mind teaching newbs. But if you're going for your 40th completion and still can't follow the path out there, you're a noob, and you are too stupid to play this game.

It's not a HUGE hurdle, but we need SOME kind of standards, after all. It's the same idea behind "Share PLZ = boot from group" and "Need Healer = Clerics run screaming."

DragonMageT
02-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Extreme? Maybe. But, hear me out...

How is running through the city any different then a short jog through the desert? How is what I wrote in any way more or less unreasonable then the suggestion to avoid a two minute (max) jaunt through a zone?

Sure, it's a matter of perspective... but really, what is the difference? Why not just poof directly into every quest's entry as opposed to have to run anywhere? How is being asked to travel for two minutes that intolerable when it's through the desert - but not to get from the Harbor to House J (airship taxi notwithstanding)?

Why, if we are to demand the removal of one pretty incidental run, should we not demand we remove them all?

See , I'm not against it because it's putting in an "easy button", it's because I just don't see any way it's needed. We run from place to place endlessly when we log in - why is this run to this quest such an anathema that it needs changing? Because, frankly, if we were to add this kind of teleporter - why stop there? Why not take it to the extreme so that nobody has to be inconvenienced in any way, shape, or form? Is the run fun - no. Is it that bad - also no.

Sure, what I wrote is ridiculous. On that we agree. I just see it as no less ridiculous then asking for this teleporter. And nothing to date in this thread has convinced me otherwise. If I can be convinced, and by convinced I mean something more compelling then "you are wrong because I want it and I say so,", then I'd be happy to throw my support into the idea. But until that time - I see it as a pretty silly thing to get so bent out of shape over.

You want me to agree - convince me that this teleporter is in fact less silly then what I wrote above.

It's already in the game. GH is the example. Teleporters and location of pre-raid quest (TOR).
TangleRoot is another example, although not as convincing as GH.
IMO, GH is just an updated, slightly reworked version of the Sands when it came out.

Second, because of the re-flagging requirements of DQ1 for DQ2, it's required for everyone to run out there.

Many times (would say the majority of the time) it's for high level toons simply to run DQ2 above level or on Epic. I rarely see DQ1 or DQ2 at level.

Sub-T raids don't require a pre-flagging quests, you just need to be a certain level or higher.
I would be completely against teleporters to those raids.

Add in the forgot to talk twice, DC's into the desert, red alert, missed jumps or what not it adds very little to game play or difficulty to the game, it's just boredom, time wasting mindless running.
Run into DQ1, zerg til you get DA, kill, rinse repeat 6 times.

It's over 2 minutes. I timed my run last night (melee toon, striders, haste, invis).
Think I could get there at 2 minutes or just a few seconds over on my FVS. For those saying it much shorter,
do it, capture video, post it. Would love to see a video of a 45 second run, maybe I have been taking the
wrong path all these times.

The trend has already started, already been put into the game TOD.

Why are people not crying to have that removed, it would take about the same amount of time, have the
same frustration level ? Why ? maybe because it was that way to begin so they accept it,
don't ask for change. Asking to change DQ1 is different, goes against old school, so people claim easy button.
I don't really know.

Look at the raids that came out after DQ2, I don't think another has been designed the same way.
Probably for a reason.

The game has changed, that area changed due to Epics. It is completely ridicules to have capped toons
running out to DQ1 to run it on casual or norm just to run DQ2.

That's real enjoyable or challenging.

Memnir
02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
It's already in the game.
Yes, but so are plenty of quests that you don't have a teleporter to get to the quests. Threnal (other flagging problems notwithstanding) has no teleporter - you need to make the run from the camp to the dig every time. Sorrowdusk, you need to run to each and every quest entry - and Co6 is a pain to get to from the beach. Waterworks, you need to get through an explorer zone to get to the quests - and that can be difficult for new players who don't know the run or have twink gear. Tempest's Spine, you need to run through the outdoor zone to get to the cave. Sub T, the zone is known to be lag inducing for many players, so skipping the trek to the quests would be preferable to them then having to run it each time - and yet, no teleporters there. Cerulean Hills, a long and tedious run to the quests from the entry. ...and so on.

Saying that it's in the game already is not really a decent argument for me - since there is a lot more instances in the game where teleporting is not an option then it is.

Second, because of the re-flagging requirements of DQ1 for DQ2, it's required for everyone to run out there.This is a flagging problem with the quest - and is really not compelling enough to add a teleporter. The run is neither long nor difficult, even for at-level characters. I made this run all the time when DQ was endgame - and didn't find it problematic then... and I certainly don't now. Is it required? Yes. Is it that big a deal? No.

Many times (would say the majority of the time) it's for high level toons simply to run DQ2 above level or on Epic. I rarely see DQ1 or DQ2 at level.
A teleporter would not fix this.

I would be completely against teleporters to those raids.
Why? You've still not established that it's any differant at all - beyond your personal preferences. And, I've heard many more people in-party wish they had an option to jump right to the Sub T raids then I've ever heard of em make the same wish for DQ due to lag and portal DCing. If we add the teleport to one, why not the other? And if it's a matter of need, I see the Sub T as being far more in actual need of them... even if I don't want them there either.

Add in the forgot to talk twice, DC's into the desert, red alert, missed jumps or what not it adds very little to game play or difficulty to the game, it's just boredom, time wasting mindless running.A teleporter would not fix this.

The trend has already started, already been put into the game TOD.Yes, and so has the trend of not teleporting.

Look at the raids that came out after DQ2, I don't think another has been designed the same way. Probably for a reason.I agree - Turbine learned a lot from previous mistakes - and kudos to them. And, they are working to correct old annoyances by reworking VoN and DQ flagging. But, again, a teleporter is not a required part of that correction, in my opinion.

The game has changed, that area changed due to Epics. It is completely ridicules to have capped toons
running out to DQ1 to run it on casual or norm just to run DQ2.A teleporter would not help this.

Sorry, I'm still not convinced. There is a huge preponderance of pre-existing quests with long walk-ups that don't have nor need a teleporter - and I still see ADQ1 as among them. Sure, we do have a few teleporters sprinkled about the game - but I don't see inconsistant game design as compelling reasons to add them to the DQ run unless we add a teleporter to all of them. And if we add teleporting to all quests - then my extreme example from above becomes the reality. This is a problem of subjective need more then actual need - since you yourself admit you'd be very much against Sub T teleporting.

Still /not signed.

DragonMageT
02-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes, but so are plenty of quests that you don't.....
...snipped

Memnir,

Your examples are not comparable. They are quests and not raids.
Players run raids over and over (well except Titan :)) to get their loots or 20th, 40th, etc.

Trying to compare a quest chain to a raid is flawed. Apples to Oranges type thing.

It is a valid argument to compare what is in game already. Raid to Raid.
Running- TS, VOD, Hound, and DQ1 by virtue to get to DQ2
Non-running - Shroud, Reaver, Echrono, Titan, VON, TOD, Abbot
4 to 7 = trend.

Those using words like hard or difficult are skewing things. No one including the OP said it was
hard or difficult, just a PITA. It's neither, hard or difficult at level or above.

Sub T Raids do not require a pre-flagging quest, huge difference between DQ2 and Hound / VOD.

I agree with you that DQ and VON needs to be reworked.
Remove the flagging requirements for DQ2 or add a teleporter, either way works for me.

It's about my/others game experience / fun vs yours / others.
A Teleporter solves both problems. People want to run then by all means Run Forrest, Run! :)

I guess we will agree to disagree on this or at least the teleporter portion.

Peace man (I sincerely mean that)...out.

Memnir
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
...snipped

Memnir,
I guess we will agree to disagree on this or at least the teleporter portion.

Peace man (I sincerely mean that)...out.Was about to say much the same. :)

And that is one of the reasons why the forums are fun for me - hashing things out with people who don't see the game the same way I do. I admit that I learned a lot and thought a lot about the prospect of adding the teleporter much more then I would have otherwise - and that's not a bad thing in any respect. New ideas are always good to think about, even if they're not ones you see eye to eye with.

So we don't agree - no harm done. Pleasure debating with you, Dragon. :) And please read my PM to ya. It's meant with all sincerity.

roryk27
02-15-2011, 11:24 AM

You make a strong case that ALL teleports should be removed.. and I am in agreement.

Get rid of all the tele's. GH teleports. No option to greater teleport to Titan. No more tower cave. Put Ungurz in the tavern in Tangleroot.

Krag
02-15-2011, 01:22 PM

Not silly at all.
I love Airships if only because they let me teleport wherever I want to. I love Royal Guard Mask and scrolls of Teleport and Greater Teleport. I find Tangleroot, GH and ToD teleporters absolutely awesome.

Yes, I am lazy. Yes, I want more teleports. Yes, you may run uphills both ways for all I care.

Carpone
02-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Why not just have a farshifter named scotty on the guild ship?
Engage!

Hordo
02-16-2011, 07:20 AM
as I even think we should be named a founder or something higher then community member as well since we were both here since the first few months of the release as he has posted with his other account now and to me it should stand for something to be here for that long and to have supported this game threw all this stuff imho :D

I hear ya...the only reason Elyanna (and his various accounts) and I, and likely you, are not considered founders is that we didn't find the forums until March 2006. It took me till the end of open beta to realize that there were forums in the first place...I was so focused on the game (those of you not here back then it was like a window opening up in a completely black room...so different from all the others in many ways. It was enthralling.). Once I found the forums, the Founder tag was already over...oddly enough that is also the same time I started questing with Elyanna! LOL

SEMPER
02-16-2011, 07:32 PM
I hear ya...the only reason Elyanna (and his various accounts) and I, and likely you, are not considered founders is that we didn't find the forums until March 2006. It took me till the end of open beta to realize that there were forums in the first place...I was so focused on the game (those of you not here back then it was like a window opening up in a completely black room...so different from all the others in many ways. It was enthralling.). Once I found the forums, the Founder tag was already over...oddly enough that is also the same time I started questing with Elyanna! LOL

yep pretty much the same , I was so into learning the game back then , that I didn't locate the forums till march , it's good to see some of us vets still around ;)