PDA

View Full Version : make the effects of airship elemental resistance shrines stacking

IanYang
02-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Currently the effects of airship elemental resistance shrines are the same as the effects of actual Resist Energy spell. They does not stack with the effects of Resist Energy spell.

That's a bit pointless. If we need energy resist in quests, we can cast it on us or ask spell casters to cast it on us.

The idea here is to change effects into stacking bonus. Making them more useful. For example:

Lesser Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 5 points of stacking fire resistance
Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 10 points of stacking fire resistance
Greater Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 15 points of stacking fire resistance

AMDarkwolf
02-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Serious? Are u kidding?

Ship buffs as they are imo are already overpowered and DEFIANTLY NOT NEEDED.

Why would you want them to STACK?

they save you a wand charge, can't be dispelled, and last and hour, and u now want them to STACK?

Wow some ppl just need easy buttons for everything.

toughguyjoe
02-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Stacking undispellable buffs are entirely ridiculous and not necessary. Buck up soldier. Get your resist 30 of everything, get your other easy button buffs and go quest.

If that's not enough buffage for you I hear the ship buffs in Hello Kitty Online Adventure stack with everything. Go try it out.

Uska
02-13-2011, 07:34 PM
way to overpowering

IanYang
02-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Serious? Are u kidding?

Ship buffs as they are imo are already overpowered and DEFIANTLY NOT NEEDED.

Why would you want them to STACK?

they save you a wand charge, can't be dispelled, and last and hour, and u now want them to STACK?

Wow some ppl just need easy buttons for everything.
Yes, I want them to be stack. But I have lowered the effects (5, 10, 15).

I don't really care if they can save me wand charges or can't be dispelled or whatever. I just don't need a bit pointless stuff which I personally don't bother to use on guild airship.

Crazyfruit
02-13-2011, 07:35 PM
The idea here is to change effects into stacking bonus. Making them more useful.

Or less useful for those of us who use it for resists :)

They're overpowered enough as it is IMO, especially at low levels.

pSINNa
02-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I really do see this suggestion as being a little overpowered.

It is possible to get a stacking resistance through the creation of greensteel items, exceptional bonus resistant values will stack with enchanted.

Most of the buffs conferred by guild shrines and npc's mirror qualities that can be obtained through other means in game at the moment.

This is surely an effort to avoid a massive overpowering of characters with access to high level guild facilities.

As they stand, most guild buffs are a convenience, it just makes life a little easier.

Some of the guild buffs do stack, and they are already under some attack as being a little overpowered (i'm thinking in particular of +2 stat buffs, which generally would otherwise need you to have built a greensteel item, or upgraded a tod ring, and if you have, then it's still stackable at the moment.)

If this suggestion was to go through, then it would be possible to completely negate a lot of elemental attack damage in the game, which in my opinion would stack a odds just a little too much in our favour.

As it stands the odds are already well and truly stacked in the players favour to the point of leaving a few quests and difficulties in which it is still necessary to really stretch yourself to win.

Lets leave it that way, if it gets too easy (and many suggest we're already there) it really wont' be much fun anymore at all.

/not signed.

Coit out~

toughguyjoe
02-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes, I want them to be stack. But I have lowered the effects (5, 10, 15).

I don't really care if they can save me wand charges or can't be dispelled or whatever. I just don't need a bit pointless stuff which I personally don't bother to use on guild airship.

Ever heard of True Reincarnation? It's this cool thing they added so that you can make your character even more powerful, at the cost of re-rolling and having to gain much more XP to gain levels.

At level 1 (that's FIRST LEVEL) your guild ship can buff your character with resist 30 to everything, and possibly depending on guild level, +2 to all stats, bonuses to hit and damage...

Maybe that should be taken into consideration? Maybe those resist 30 undispellable buffs are fine the way they are? Maybe our level 20's who breeze through ALL content don't need more than they already have?

IanYang
02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I really do see this suggestion as being a little overpowered.
5, 10, and 15 stacking points never being overpowered. But can make those shrines truely worthful.

toughguyjoe
02-13-2011, 07:42 PM
5, 10, and 15 stacking points Would not be overpowered. But can make those shrines truely worthwhile.

translated to engrish.

AMDarkwolf
02-13-2011, 07:47 PM
they are and your horribly slow for not seeing how.

lets consider u made greensteels, 5 peices, just for resists. You would have 45 passive resist. that takes 5 equip slots.

Your suggestion gives 45 resist. With 0 equip slots.

Just that, I won't even bother mentioning the other reasons, but JUST THAT ALONE is enough. For someone to really go for 45 resists, he has to sacrifice a equip slot for 1 (The spell does 30, equipment hits the other 45) he now has 45 with no eqiups used, so can switch to something else, boosting his power beyond what is possible(not that the shrines dont; already do this but yea)

All i see is : WAHH these don't stack with my spell/item, I WANT MOAR. Let me mash easymodebutton to 20 and WIN!'

I agree with the above people. Go play hellokitty.

Impaqt
02-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Currently the effects of airship elemental resistance shrines are the same as the effects of actual Resist Energy spell. They does not stack with the effects of Resist Energy spell.

That's a bit pointless. If we need energy resist in quests, we can cast it on us or ask spell casters to cast it on us.

The idea here is to change effects into stacking bonus. Making them more useful. For example:

Lesser Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 5 points of stacking fire resistance
Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 10 points of stacking fire resistance
Greater Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 15 points of stacking fire resistance

They work fine the way they are.

They cant be dispelled.

THey provide 30 Resists much sooner than can be gotten from other means.

Heres an idea.. DONT pass out resists unless people actually need it. Save the mana.

Bodic
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
As is a 30 resist to just fire makes most lvl7 and below quests easy button.

No Just No

GO open a RIFT WOW

mystafyi
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
~snip~ Maybe our level 20's who breeze through ALL content don't need more than they already have?

there are ALOT of 20's that cant even breeze through lvl12 content. These folks are normally the ones clammoring for ship buffs that are permanent so they can continue their modus operandi of die/res/die/res/die/res/complete.

Rapagun
02-13-2011, 08:27 PM
All been said
/not signed

Bobthesponge
02-13-2011, 08:28 PM

ha ha ha ha!

wait - you're serious?

sirgog
02-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't agree with the suggestion at all (mainly because having over 30 fire resistance makes one of the most deadly enemy spells, Meteor Swarm, into something that hardly does more than tickle).

But there sure has been a lot of flaming going on in this thread. When did all the angry children start running amok on the forums?

furbyoats
02-13-2011, 08:59 PM
5, 10, and 15 stacking points never being overpowered. But can make those shrines truely worthful.

seeing the symbol for your forum name...i would assume that you have a fvs....to which your inherent resists stack...

fvs get the best resists in the game as is, hands down, with only a fvs with 3 past life ranger topping it

30 is more than enough.....you DO NOT NEED MORE

if you cant survive with 30 undispellable resists then you arent doing it right

obviously /not signed

sephiroth1084
02-14-2011, 02:35 AM
No need for this.

The airship buffs are already available too early in the game (30 point resist offers immunity to almost all elemental damage before level 6 regardless of difficulty, and most until level 10) and continue to be useful at all levels. At worst, they save you (or your caster) some SP, and at best, they're giving you resists even while a beholder is staring you down or those drow wizards in OoB have been spamming dispels on you all quest.