PDA

View Full Version : Devs, Add Guild Planescaller to Known issues please.

Vengeance777
02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
The airship Planescaller has not worked since Update 5. Neither the guild level 70 Planescaller nor the Gold Seal guild level 56 Planescaller works. No matter where you place them on the ship, the ship navigators won't to take you to Amrath.

Its been bug reported hundreds of times but we've seen no acknowledgment of it by the devs. Please let us know you are aware so we can stop bug reporting it.

DarkSpectre
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
/Signed

And yes, this same Planescaller made our guildship disappear for 2 weeks a while back....

skepticalsoul
02-12-2011, 12:50 PM
They're not suppose to take you to Amrath. I think one of the devs has come out and said that Amrath shouldn't be on the list since you can't teleport to amrath.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-12-2011, 01:08 PM
They're not suppose to take you to Amrath. I think one of the devs has come out and said that Amrath shouldn't be on the list since you can't teleport to amrath.

No, they aren't supposed to be able to, UNTIL you get the planescaler, that's what they do. What else do you think a planescaler would do?

And planescalers should be removed from vendors and the store until this is fixed as they are selling an item that litterally does nothing.

Kza
02-12-2011, 01:55 PM
As selling feat change tokens to a monk and you cant swap in Stunning fist. Thanks alot turbine for that and no reimbursement.

incineration
02-12-2011, 02:52 PM
As selling feat change tokens to a monk and you cant swap in Stunning fist. Thanks alot turbine for that and no reimbursement.

stunning fist must be taken on as a monk bonus feat, cant be aquired any other way, issues could be things like took 2 toughness feats with a 3rd later and a twf feat or something like that in those feats and thus can't get to them, in which case, your only option is an LR

Gadget2775
02-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Brain may be a little fuzzy, but I vaguely recall a Dev stating something along the lines of…: Bugs don’t go into the known issues list until we have enough information on them that we don’t need player generated bug reports anymore.

Zilta
02-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Brain may be a little fuzzy, but I vaguely recall a Dev stating something along the lines of…: Bugs don’t go into the known issues list until we have enough information on them that we don’t need player generated bug reports anymore.

in other words, based on past bug list addition expect to see this on the known issues list in a year or two, more if they deny that they ever recieved any reports about it.

donfilibuster
02-13-2011, 03:21 AM

this

in other words, based on past bug list addition expect to see this on the known issues list in a year or two, more if they deny that they ever recieved any reports about it.

sadly, this too

after all, there's clear steps to reproduce, being 1. buy a planescaller 2. put the planescaller on the ship. 3. use the planescaller.

J1NG
02-13-2011, 05:00 AM

Oh if only that was true... Still wondering what happened to a particular shared bank item disappearing bug that was fully documented... :rolleyes: Never made it into ANY release notes, or known issue notes...

I believe there was a user Known Issues list? Better to put it into there really.

J1NG

Hendrik
02-13-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd be happy if the L80 Airship was working properly with all of it's advertised hookpoints functional and visible.

:mad:

sephiroth1084
02-13-2011, 07:52 AM
If they'd acknowledged it otherwise, such as, you know, removing it from the store, then I'd consider accepting this sort of explanation.

Carpone
02-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Translation for this bug: Developers won't recognize it until it's a problem on their guild ship. Blunt but true.

Gadget2775
02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
after all, there's clear steps to reproduce, being 1. buy a planescaller 2. put the planescaller on the ship. 3. use the planescaller.

It really isn't as simple to lock in the cause of a bug as players think it is. And what seems obvious to you might not be the issue at all.

I'd guess you've already determined that the problem is the planescaller. However, it could be coding from; the hook point, airships, guilds, teleportation etc...etc...Heck there are probably background systems running in DDO that are completely invisible to us that could be causing the problem.

Think of it this way...A guy you work with always shows up to work just flat out angry. Every single day he shows up he's mad and rude. The bug is reproducible. Work = Angry. He has to hate the job and be angry because of that right? Or could it be his commute, the car he drives doesn't have AC, he's always angry, about everything but you only see him when he comes to work. Could even be he's ****ed off because the neighbor’s dog keeps him up all night long.

Sooo many potential causes….Makes it a bit harder to lock in on why he’s angry when he shows up at work.