PDA

View Full Version : Armor preview kits priced incorectly in store!

AuriliusTyr
02-10-2011, 11:50 PM
In the ddo store preview kits are currently listed as 0 points, this is likely due to the 20% off sale on armor kits, my wife saw this and decided to run a little fashion show on her cleric to see if theres anything shes interested in for her DT armor. Ended up costing her points despite the fact that the previews are listed 0.

They cost 0.8 points a piece. so the 20% thing is working, however the listing is not.

kernal42
02-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Seconded. Buying one claims to cost 0 TP, but deducts 1 TP upon purchase.

Very annoying.

QuarterMasterC
02-11-2011, 08:55 AM
The 1 Point Armor Kit Previews were mistakenly included in the Armor Kit Sale. The situation has been resolved and it is now only the Armor Kits that are on sale, not the Armor Kit Previews.
Armor Kit Previews are still 1 point in the DDO Store, as advertised: http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

We apologize for the trouble!

Natashaelle
02-11-2011, 10:55 AM
What trouble ? They seemed to be priced at 0.8 TP, rounded down to 0 in the display -- I bought 6 earlier, and seemingly payed 4.8 TP, rounded to either 4 or 5 TP taken off my tally :)

Sirea
02-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I still don't understand why some armor kits are more expensive than others...

NXPlasmid
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM

I don't understand why the armor kits are so monothematic and uninteresting...

stainer
02-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't understand why the armor kits are so monothematic and uninteresting...

I don't understand why there is a green skin so bright it is viewable from space. I need that.

Bogenbroom
02-11-2011, 12:06 PM

Because some of them are made in sweatshops by child labor and others are made of hemp, and some are are priced higher because someone saw Delera going to a nightclub in that outfit.

LookingForABentoBox
02-11-2011, 01:09 PM
What was wrong with the preview kits being on sale? Why is it an issue that needed to be resolved?

DasLurch
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Because some of them are made in sweatshops by child labor and others are made of hemp, and some are are priced higher because someone saw Delera going to a nightclub in that outfit.

I thought it was Dalsemera heading into that old island nightclub that is making a big comeback soon...

+1 for the lol factor :)

TechNoFear
02-11-2011, 11:14 PM
What was wrong with the preview kits being on sale? Why is it an issue that needed to be resolved?

In the past if an item was discounted in the store it could have rounding errors (last time I had to get a reimbursment was Mabar, not sure if fixed since then).

The display price is rounded down but the anount actually charged is rounded up.

ie if the item normally cost 25 TP and was discounted by 50%, it would display as costing 12 TP but the store will actually charge you 13 TP.

If you send in a email Turbine will refund the difference.

donfilibuster
02-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't understand why all outfits are monk style. At least there's gonna be black for the rogues soon.
So many mysteries in Xendrik.

Aha, so thats why the coin lords want us to go kill all the goblins, to free the kobolds from slavery so they could come to the harbor and work for minimum wages.

Hambo
02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't understand why there is a green skin so bright it is viewable from space. I need that.

Sounds perfect for my Rogue... :D

Rumbaar
02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
The 1 Point Armor Kit Previews were mistakenly included in the Armor Kit Sale. The situation has been resolved and it is now only the Armor Kits that are on sale, not the Armor Kit Previews.
Armor Kit Previews are still 1 point in the DDO Store, as advertised: http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

We apologize for the trouble!I assume Turbine will be refunding those people their Turbine Points?

Jahmin
02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
We apologize for the trouble!

Right - now when are you going to refund our money?

cdbd3rd
02-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I read thru this and just HAD to stop and ponder...

How many folks here worried about a couple single TPs are the same kinda folks that look at me funny because I pick up pennies I see laying on the ground?

:rolleyes:

It's a penny. Or two. Five even. Do the math and see what the profit/time margin is for the time spent stressing/reporting/waiting for refund on those pennies.
(And before you ask, bending over to pick up a penny and drop it in a pocket is roughly $6.00/hour - if you're not zerging the act.) ;)

End of ponder. Carry on.

:)

Rumbaar
02-14-2011, 08:08 PM
I read thru this and just HAD to stop and ponder...

How many folks here worried about a couple single TPs are the same kinda folks that look at me funny because I pick up pennies I see laying on the ground?

:rolleyes:

It's a penny. Or two. Five even. Do the math and see what the profit/time margin is for the time spent stressing/reporting/waiting for refund on those pennies.
(And before you ask, bending over to pick up a penny and drop it in a pocket is roughly $6.00/hour - if you're not zerging the act.) ;)

End of ponder. Carry on.

:)Yeah it seems many fail to grasp the whole Turbine market is micro transaction based. Now the ~2 million accounts losing ~1TP per transaction, you do the math.

Zyklon
02-15-2011, 11:10 AM
In the ddo store preview kits are currently listed as 0 points, this is likely due to the 20% off sale on armor kits, my wife saw this and decided to run a little fashion show on her cleric to see if theres anything shes interested in for her DT armor. Ended up costing her points despite the fact that the previews are listed 0.

They cost 0.8 points a piece. so the 20% thing is working, however the listing is not.

I find it silly that Preview Kits cost 1 point. It's a preview and you can only use it in the armor shop. Make them really 0 points.

-

TheDearLeader
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I find it silly that Preview Kits cost 1 point. It's a preview and you can only use it in the armor shop. Make them really 0 points.

-

If you can't spend a penny to try something on, you shouldn't be trying it on.

Edit : Immediately decided to amend this, to also say:

If you can't grind out 100 Favor to try *25* things on, you shouldn't be trying them on.

dcp101
02-16-2011, 07:03 AM
The cost is irrelevant. The practice of putting a 1 TP cost to something you preview is just asinine no matter how you cut it.

QuarterMasterM
02-16-2011, 09:02 AM
The cost is irrelevant. The practice of putting a 1 TP cost to something you preview is just asinine no matter how you cut it.

The way the Store is designed, items have to have some cost associated with them, so it is currently impossible for us to make them 0 TP. We figured it was better to have something that allowed you to try it on at 1 TP as opposed to no try-on option whatsoever.

Thornton
02-16-2011, 09:19 AM
If you could make the preview kits cost nothing then just make them like quest items that dissappear on exiting the armor shop instance it would solve any/all issues with ppl. not wanting to pay for the priviledge of seeing how something will look after you buy it. I do not know if this is possible or not, just saying it would solve a lot of gripes about them.

edit-just read the past post, I guess it is not possible from the DDO store. Maybe have the armorer GIVE you the preview kit of choice THEN you buy the actual kit from the store?

Krelar
02-16-2011, 09:21 AM
The way the Store is designed, items have to have some cost associated with them, so it is currently impossible for us to make them 0 TP. We figured it was better to have something that allowed you to try it on at 1 TP as opposed to no try-on option whatsoever.

So why not just have an NPC who sells them from a regular interface for 1 copper piece instead?

Lerincho
02-16-2011, 09:23 AM

Sounds like a major design flaw, or the above statement is not true. If it is a design flaw, then that is one issues, but if it is because Turbine really does not want to put 0 in price on any item, just state it. We already know that your greedy and only care about the pocket book, just be honest about it.

Thornton
02-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I have found that it is usually uwise to insult the very people that you are trying to get to change something for you.

Lerincho
02-16-2011, 09:26 AM
So why not just have an NPC who sells them from a regular interface for 1 copper piece instead?

why should a preview cost anything? they have items that drop on exit from quests, same principle if you preview armor in those shops can be applied.

Alabore
02-16-2011, 11:19 AM

I see the problem.
I would politely suggest a work-around: as suggested above, please consider tweaking preview kits so they can be bought with in-game plat, from the NPC smith.

I would also mention, while I see the whole point of *micro* transactions, some customers are more inclined to spend 1000 TP and unlock a server-wide service, than spend 100 on a one-shot tonic.
I, for one, stopped buying hair tonics for this very reason.
On the other hand, I would consider buying a bundle of points to unlock a feature that stays with my account forever - or at least, for as long as you're running the game...

QuarterMasterM
02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
If you could make the preview kits cost nothing then just make them like quest items that dissappear on exiting the armor shop instance it would solve any/all issues with ppl. not wanting to pay for the priviledge of seeing how something will look after you buy it. I do not know if this is possible or not, just saying it would solve a lot of gripes about them.

edit-just read the past post, I guess it is not possible from the DDO store. Maybe have the armorer GIVE you the preview kit of choice THEN you buy the actual kit from the store?

We're working on an alternative way of providing preview kits, but it is lower on the priority totem poll than some of the other cool features the team is putting together. Not because we want to take millions (an extremely exaggerated number) of 1 TP transactions, but because we think developer time is better spent creating new content/features than on removing what is generally a non-existent cost (you can earn 1 TP with minimal playtime).

Not a bad idea, but we don't want to sell part of the cosmetic system from an in-game vendor for in-game money when the main part of the system is Store exclusive. We would like to keep the entire system Store-side so that there is no confusion from players that might assume they just can't see the rest of the armor kits from the vendor.

Thanks for the constructive feedback everyone.

Thornton
02-16-2011, 05:22 PM
And thank you for listening. :)

Jahmin
02-16-2011, 05:41 PM
QM
Lots of talk - little action. :mad:

Where are our refunds? :confused:

QuarterMasterM
02-16-2011, 07:58 PM
QM
Lots of talk - little action. :mad:

Where are our refunds? :confused:

As always, you can contact Account Support for refunds on Turbine Points you feel you are entitled to. We cannot issue refunds through the forums.

Rumbaar
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Not because we want to take millions (an extremely exaggerated number) of 1 TP transactionsYeah millions is only loudly touted by Turbine when it's trying to use it as a selling feature to those outside of the game.

When it's about things going against the active players, millions is an exaggeration.

As always, you can contact Account Support for refunds on Turbine Points you feel you are entitled to. We cannot issue refunds through the forums.It's a great thing to not be bound by consumer laws, I'm sure :D

Advertise at a price, charge a hidden higher cost, put onus on customer to run through hoops to get refund. Not with standing all those that fail to notice the inconsistency, but that's just a welcomed benefit to the balance sheets.

Natashaelle
02-17-2011, 02:32 AM

Yes, but if anything has been proven by the 20% discount mistake for the 1 TP kit previews, it's that prices inferior to 1 TP but superior to 0 TP are possible :)

Would it be possible to price the previews at 0.1 or 0.01 TP for example ?

Wook
02-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Would it be possible to make the preview kit grant you 1tp when you use it?

Zharfie
02-17-2011, 05:01 AM

This is what I figured was the case indeed, but where are the hairstyle previews??

parvo
02-17-2011, 07:04 AM

How many turbine points are we talking here? 5? 10?

cdbd3rd
02-17-2011, 08:35 AM
How many turbine points are we talking here? 5? 10?

Been my thinking since I nailed my fingers away from this thread.

Seriously, if pennies are that important some rebudgeting of RL recreational spending is likely in order.

Not trying to dog on anyone by that, but come on. It's a few pennies. Asking for something that costs a penny to be free instead is just.... *pause while trying to think of an appropriate, but aggression-neutral word*

....bewildering.

:confused:

This is what I figured was the case indeed, but where are the hairstyle previews??

/Seconded. Been quietly hoping the trend would spread out to other cosmetic applications - even if this is the wrong place for a good suggestion like that.

QuarterMasterM
02-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Yes, but if anything has been proven by the 20% discount mistake for the 1 TP kit previews, it's that prices inferior to 1 TP but superior to 0 TP are possible :)

Would it be possible to price the previews at 0.1 or 0.01 TP for example ?

I'm not sure, to be honest. Probably worth looking into, however due to the rounding issue I know the Store won't show fractions. So anything priced below 1 TP will register as 0 TP, and it's a display error like that that spawned this whole conversation in the first place. :)

I don't know, will pass on the suggestion.

Will pass this on too.

Farayon
02-17-2011, 08:50 AM
posted in the wrong thread sorry

jakeelala
02-17-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure, to be honest. Probably worth looking into, however due to the rounding issue I know the Store won't show fractions. So anything priced below 1 TP will register as 0 TP, and it's a display error like that that spawned this whole conversation in the first place. :)

I don't know, will pass on the suggestion.

Will pass this on too.

EASY SOLUTION
Create a room in the House K armor store where you have all of the armors on display on NPC's so people can just walk in and look. No paying for dumb previews, all in one place, can see it in vivo, etc.

Lerincho
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
EASY SOLUTION
Create a room in the House K armor store where you have all of the armors on display on NPC's so people can just walk in and look. No paying for dumb previews, all in one place, can see it in vivo, etc.

You are now in charge of Armor kits. Though, make the models very hawt!

Alabore
02-17-2011, 02:05 PM
EASY SOLUTION

Basically, a showroom for cosmetic kits, just like they had one for guild ships.

Fang
02-17-2011, 02:17 PM
EASY SOLUTION

I find this to be an excellent solution. Have 11 models each wearing the different armor types. (If memory serves there are 11 types) Have a button to swap male to female and back for the models. Have a selector for each skin. Have a selector for the color. Im sure it's a lot of coding, but it would be nice.

Lerincho
02-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Alright, stop right there folks. Way too much logical talk going on in this thread. To keep to the DDO code going to have to start making extreme suggestions again, or the world may just implode.

/whispers

I do like the model idea, just make sure how women do most of the modelling :D

Rumbaar
02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
How many turbine points are we talking here? 5? 10?Now multiple they by the number of Turbine accounts, which last I heard was around 2 million.

So how many Turbine Points are we talking here ....

parvo
02-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Now multiple they by the number of Turbine accounts, which last I heard was around 2 million.

So how many Turbine Points are we talking here ....

Edit. Sorry, that was rude. Still, I can't believe the pile-on here over a paltry few turb points. You probably spent more on the energy cost of writing your message than 5 or 10 points are worth.

dcp101
02-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Edit. Sorry, that was rude. Still, I can't believe the pile-on here over a paltry few turb points. You probably spent more on the energy cost of writing your message than 5 or 10 points are worth.

Right, and how much energy did it cost you to write that post? Once again, this is not about the the points. It's the practice and last time I checked this is a public forum for DDO players to provide feedback/suggestions on the continual improvement/enhancement of the game.

Alabore
02-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Still, I can't believe the pile-on here over a paltry few turb points. You probably spent more on the energy cost of writing your message than 5 or 10 points are worth.

Sometimes it becomes a matter of principle.
Also, as far as economy is concerned, for the prospective buyer, the difference between free and cheap is actually huge.
To some, even 0.01 TP would be too much.

Reverand
02-18-2011, 09:03 AM

Simple and Genius.

Wook
02-18-2011, 04:23 PM
You know another suggestion would be something like when a person wants to do cosmetic changes have them basically load a window with their character model
Give them the options to spin the model etc
And on the sides of the window give them all the armor kit, hair style ,hair dye changes etc
Have a running total at the bottom to add up the point cost for the changes and when they like what they see hit accept and it would costs how ever many tp's it takes for all the changes.
With this you wouldn't need the preview kits and you could get the hair style and dye previews as well. In some ways this is similar to what they have in Warhammer Online.

zex95966
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
I just would like to say that I for one, am not upset about 1 turbine point. even 11 turbine points for previewing all of them. even the million turbine points across the game, since those are a million of separate people who each can easily acquire it.

I do however think the actual cost should be displayed, so I'm not confused where my turbine points went.

Alabore
02-18-2011, 04:42 PM
You know another suggestion would be something like when a person wants to do cosmetic changes have them basically load a window with their character model
Give them the options to spin the model etc
Have a running total at the bottom to add up the point cost for the changes and when they like what they see hit accept and it would costs how ever many tp's it takes for all the changes.

I'm sure other users will point it out: LOTRO offers something not unlike what you just described - as a gold-bought in-game service.

Antheal
02-18-2011, 05:36 PM
How about something like an "Armour Preview Elixir" from the store for 1TP, that lasts x amount of hours, and during that time you can preview as many armour kits are you want until you find the perfect style to buy for real?

Rumbaar
02-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Edit. Sorry, that was rude. Still, I can't believe the pile-on here over a paltry few turb points. You probably spent more on the energy cost of writing your message than 5 or 10 points are worth.But once you fail to grasp the fact it's not 5 or 10 points, it's thousands upon thousands of points.

The same reason your bank can't take 1 penny from everyone's account, 'cause it's only a penny why would it mater. It's about the total accounts that if take 5 or 10 TP's from add up to a lot of TP's.

Theft is theft. You advertise something at a price, but change it without informing the customer, that's is theft from the customer.

I bet if we were able to reduce our DDO Store purchases by 1 TP each transaction, like they are doing, the error would have been fixed a long time ago. The fact it's in their favor means it's not a priority. Specially when they have lovely customers that don't care to be mislead on purchases.

Rumbaar
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I just would like to say that I for one, am not upset about 1 turbine point. even 11 turbine points for previewing all of them. even the million turbine points across the game, since those are a million of separate people who each can easily acquire it.

I do however think the actual cost should be displayed, so I'm not confused where my turbine points went.Exactly, buyer beware. If you advertise to the customer it's zero, then it should be zero. If you advertise it to be 297, then it shouldn't be charged as 298.

There is no excuse for this.