PDA

View Full Version : Red Fens

Lord_Winn
02-10-2011, 12:19 AM
I finished the first three of the Red Fens (Claw of Vulkoor, Stand your ground, and Fathom of the Deep); then repeated Into the Deep two times. My question is, can you repeat any of the first three or do you have to repeat the first three again. I'm trying to get a set called the Vulkoor Might.

asphodeli
02-10-2011, 12:22 AM
I finished the first three of the Red Fens (Claw of Vulkoor, Stand your ground, and Fathom of the Deep); then repeated Into the Deep two times. My question is, can you repeat any of the first three or do you have to repeat the first three again. I'm trying to get a set called the Vulkoor Might.

the most recent time I did it the end quest is repeatable so you don't have to re-do the first 3...HTH.

unbongwah
02-10-2011, 08:52 AM
IIRC, when Red Fens first came out, you had to redo the first three quests in order to be flagged to redo the final one (Into the Deep). Now, though, I think once you've done all of them once, you can repeat any of them as often as you like, which makes grinding for the RF sets (http://ddowiki.com/page/Unique_item_sets#Red_Fens_Item_Sets) that much easier (if no less tedious).

voodoogroves
02-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah once you've done the "chain" once, you can repeat any individual quest any number of times, including Into the Deep. If you want a specific set, you can run the quest that drops the one piece multiple times as well as Into the Deep multiple times to find the other bit.

Lord_Winn
02-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Hey, guys,

Thanks for the advice. I'm thankful I don't have to repeat all three.

ArgentMage
02-10-2011, 10:13 AM
OK, so has this changed, or is my information faulty?

I thought when this first came out that yes, once you ran the first three, you
could run Into the Deep as many times as you wanted. But, if you repeated
any of the first three, you were locked out of Into the Deep until you did
all three again.

Anyone have direct experience or a link?

rest
02-10-2011, 10:15 AM

all three again.

They fixed the flagging. Once you run the first 3 you're flagged for the 4th and can repeat any of them at any time without messing up your flagging. They fixed it like 2 months ago.

Iwinbyrollup
02-10-2011, 10:18 AM

all three again.

While trying to get sets on new characters, I've run the full chain and then gone back and run individual quests from the first three and then gone and run Into the Deep. If you complete all three, you're flagged for Into the Deep. If you then go and complete Into the Deep, you're still flagged for Into the Deep. If you then go and complete one of the flagging quests, you're still flagged for Into the Deep without needing to run the others. The one possibility I don't have insight regarding is: when you retake one of the flagging quests, do you get locked out of Into the Deep until you complete the flagging quest that you took again?

I don't know the answer to that question since I only take the quest when I'm about to run out to complete it, but apart from that, I've never had any problems running Into the Deep after getting initially flagged no matter what I've otherwise done.

ArgentMage
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
They fixed the flagging. Once you run the first 3 you're flagged for the 4th and can repeat any of them at any time without messing up your flagging. They fixed it like 2 months ago.

Excellent, thanks.

LordMond63
02-10-2011, 06:28 PM
I would add that you can receive set pieces from the flagging quests even if you do the quest on Casual.

They do not show up as often nor do you get to choose from several all that often when doing the quests on casual but you CAN get them.

I'd also add that it seems the same half of each two piece set shows up as rewards in the flagging quest but that the other half seems only to drop from Into The Deep. At least that has been my experience.