PDA

View Full Version : Guidance required please.

jockyboy
02-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Having only played for just under a year, i have a thought about building a demon/devil slaying heavy fighter. I have looked around various forums but most of the advice seems to assume that you have an indepth knowledge of how to build good characters. I know that with experience comes knowledge, but would like just a starting point from which to grow from, thanks in anticipation.

ReaperAlexEU
02-05-2011, 10:04 AM
sounds to me like you be wanting a paladin, the knight of chalice is a devoted outsider slayer and gets a lot of bonuses to combating them.

read this incredible guide for info on how a paladin works and then pick the right build to suit your style:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=218542

Kourier
02-05-2011, 10:37 AM
To tempt you to become a paladin I'll tell you a pure 20th level paladin specialized against outsiders gets a native +4 attack bonus and up to +8d6 extra damage on every swing. (Knight of the Chalice 3d6 bonus, Capstone 1d6 + 2d6 bonus, KotC set bonus 2d6?)

Daggertooth
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
All depends on if you want to be a Paladin. A Paladin sacrifices alot of fighting 'prowess' for divine abilities. Fighters have a lot of exotic fighting abilities and you may want to play one of those first before branching off to Paladin.

ReaperAlexEU
02-06-2011, 07:02 AM
All depends on if you want to be a Paladin. A Paladin sacrifices alot of fighting 'prowess' for divine abilities. Fighters have a lot of exotic fighting abilities and you may want to play one of those first before branching off to Paladin.

read this amazing guide on how a paladin works!

in there you'll find out how a paladin can become an incredible killing machine when facing evil outsiders (which covers devils and demons).

as you think you know a thing or two about the game try reading up on the builders more advanced builds (ie the ones he plays him self with epic gear) and explain how an AC tanking paladin can out DPS all the other melee's in a ToD group to maintain hate agro with no use of intimidate.

whilst your at it try explaining how my kopesh wielding paladin with modest gear can hit monsters for 400 damage, with a base STR of 15.

seems to me that you have no idea what a paladins divine abilities are

jockyboy
02-06-2011, 01:31 PM
thanks people you have given me a lot to think about including paladin, not just me but party as well. or fighter just me but needs party help. Will have to troll through the forums for a lot longer than i thought. :)

Daggertooth
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
read this amazing guide on how a paladin works!

in there you'll find out how a paladin can become an incredible killing machine when facing evil outsiders (which covers devils and demons).

as you think you know a thing or two about the game try reading up on the builders more advanced builds (ie the ones he plays him self with epic gear) and explain how an AC tanking paladin can out DPS all the other melee's in a ToD group to maintain hate agro with no use of intimidate.

whilst your at it try explaining how my kopesh wielding paladin with modest gear can hit monsters for 400 damage, with a base STR of 15.

seems to me that you have no idea what a paladins divine abilities are

A khopesh? I can take a randomly generated character and put a pair of scimitars in his hands and stomp on almost any khopesh user in the game. The only exception to this is when the khopesh user has his baby sitter mass hold bot on epic with him.