PDA

View Full Version : Level 5 needs help

Sineid
02-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone... I am a little new to DDO considering I've played D&D for quite a while and enjoy it I decided to try DDO.

I am a level 5 barbarian who quite frankly is stuck at level 5.... I am completely f2p atm because I'm not quite set money-wise. I need some good advice as I have to be level 8 in 3 days.... I made a stupid deal and place an item in the AH and it sold for 150k.

Me being level 5 can only carry 20k pp at this time... once I get to level 8 I can finally carry the full 150k... any advice?

Gorby
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Once the auction ends and the proceeds are transferred to your mail, you will have about 2 weeks before the mail expires and you are not able to collect.

If you open the mail containing the plat whatsoever though, that msg timer will revert to 5 days.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I know you are tight for money, but if you spend $6 to buy the smallest Turbine Point pack you will not only get Turbine points but will permanently have your plat cap raised to 4.2mil plat, get 4 character slots instead of 2, and have the limits raised on your use of email and auctions

Sineid
02-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Ok, well I did open the message without thinking.... and I am going to try to buy a turbine card next chance I get... that is if I can find any... the closest game stop to me is a 2 hour drive... and we have about a foot of snow and ice... so I hope I can find a card.

Qutsemnie
02-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Can you carry 20k of it at a time piece meal? (Question? I dunno) I dont know the rules for people that never payed anything, but having payed once I can send money to my alts. Create an alt on the second character slot and send it to him 20k piece meal. Dont open those. Then later send it back

theRolf
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Ok, well I did open the message without thinking.... and I am going to try to buy a turbine card next chance I get... that is if I can find any... the closest game stop to me is a 2 hour drive... and we have about a foot of snow and ice... so I hope I can find a card.

You can buy the cheapest adventure pack without leaving the comfort of your home - use the DDO store in game.

Propane
02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Hay man-

If there is a Target near by, you might check for the game card there as well!

Good Luck!

Sineid
02-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks for all the helpful advice guys!! Actually monday I may be able to buy the cheapest pack... just depends on what I have to buy with that paycheck.

Can you carry 20k of it at a time piece meal? (Question? I dunno) I dont know the rules for people that never payed anything, but having payed once I can send money to my alts. Create an alt on the second character slot and send it to him 20k piece meal. Dont open those. Then later send it back

It's in the DDOwiki how much you can carry being f2p... at level 5 it's 20k and it doubles up to level 13 where it is the same a a p2p.

simsiim
02-04-2011, 11:32 PM
I think there is also a Pay-by-phone method, which can also be done from in-game, I could be wrong and/or that is something not offered any more, I remember seeing a post about it, and a screen shot showing the Pay-by-phone in-game. But that's all I know. I don't klnow any more details about it, then what I just typed :o:(