PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for epic DQ2?

NaturalHazard
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
At first I thought my charactor was just to gimp to even consider doing this, but one day while running around I got a tell "hey would you like to come do epic dq2?" I answered but I only got 420 hp (gimp elven ranger) "thats fine" was the reply "you got evasion right?" "yeah but I dont have mineral 2's I only got holy burst pure good cold iron rapiers and cold iron arrows on a silver bow not a lit 2"> He said that was enough, stop fretting and just come along.

So I did and everything went well, didnt die or even come close, since then ive run it a few times. I applied to one LFM lately and got told not to come along unless I had well over 500 hp and MIN 2's. I said I didnt have that but have done it before with what I had and had no problems. I got told that well over 500 hp and mineral 2's where the bare essentials for any melee to even think about doing this raid. Ok maybe he was right? I asked around and got told conflicting stuff, some said over 400 is fine for someone with evasion and other people told me over 500, at the end of this im just confused and it was the same thing about the weapons.

ok before I get blasted for my lack of hitpoints, I would like to state, its my first toon, 28 point elf 18, ranger 1 monk. 1 fighter. I took the fighter 10 hp enhancement, +2 con tome, 45 hp shroud item. 10 draconic vitality, and I have more hp when madstoned. Yes I only started with 12 con, its hard on a 28 point elf, if I had 32 point build then I would of gone 14. Im going to tr him into something less squishy later on when I finish making all the min 2's lit 2's and earth grab picks, ect that I need. I can get his ac to 70, but I need the chattering ring and a +4 insight on a shroud weapon and it should be 75, that means nothing in epic, but when i first started playing it was my aim (misplaced) to get a charactor with decent AC.

KingOfCheese
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
With evasion, you are OK. The more the merrier to deal with lag or healing lapses. But 400+ on an evasion tends to work OK with good healers.

markusthelion
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM
People do EADQ a couple different ways that I've seen. One (the way we do it) doesn't require a tank at all, its a dot of death. More HP is best for this tactic because you all stand in the same spot (one dot) and swing away. The healers rotate mass's, and the DQ doesn't overrun you. Good dps is required for this technique (MinII's) as you don't wanna go toe to toe with the DQ any longer than needed. The other method is with an intimitank, this requires less HP as you can attack her from the backside and no get hit so much. Sounds like your fine, just different methods require different things.

NaturalHazard
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM
With evasion, you are OK. The more the merrier to deal with lag or healing lapses. But 400+ on an evasion tends to work OK with good healers.

wow that was fast, so depends on the party, healer make up? might explain why some people where keen to take me and others where not.

NaturalHazard
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
People do EADQ a couple different ways that I've seen. One (the way we do it) doesn't require a tank at all, its a dot of death. More HP is best for this tactic because you all stand in the same spot (one dot) and swing away. The healers rotate mass's, and the DQ doesn't overrun you. Good dps is required for this technique (MinII's) as you don't wanna go toe to toe with the DQ any longer than needed. The other method is with an intimitank, this requires less HP as you can attack her from the backside and no get hit so much. Sounds like your fine, just different methods require different things.

funny enough the first time when I got asked to come we used the first method.

grodon9999
02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
My 12 starting CON Elf-ranger survives the "ball method" just fine. Rage + yugo + Double-madstone gets her over 600 HP for a fight this short. This is the only fight in the game where I'll drink the CON yugo pots because I can live with the 5% DPS loss for the 40 HP.

I don't think the 500 HP minimum is unreasonable, but I've seen people survive it with less. Fastest ball-method one I've ever seen had 4 Elf AAs in it that I know weren't HP-monsters. We were firing at her point-blank, not kiting, taking the hits and getting healed through it.

A mineral II weapon does like 9 (?) points a swing more than Met/PG against an acid-immune target. It's fine one or two people aren't packing them but can get problematic if too many people don't have them. I can understand the raid-leader's concern but I wouldn't require it.

NaturalHazard
02-03-2011, 04:14 PM
My 12 starting CON Elf-ranger survives the "ball method" just fine. Rage + yugo + Double-madstone gets her over 600 HP for a fight this short. This is the only fight in the game where I'll drink the CON yugo pots because I can live with the 5% DPS loss for the 40 HP.

I don't think the 500 HP minimum is unreasonable, but I've seen people survive it with less. Fastest ball-method one I've ever seen had 4 Elf AAs in it that I know weren't HP-monsters. We were firing at her point-blank, not kiting, taking the hits and getting healed through it.

A mineral II weapon does like 9 (?) points a swing more than Met/PG against an acid-immune target. It's fine one or two people aren't packing them but can get problematic if too many people don't have them. I can understand the raid-leader's concern but I wouldn't require it.

it does 9 more damage per swing vs a mettaline pure good weapon, how much more than say a holy burst cold iron pure good weapon?

Elaril
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
If you have done something successfully multiple times, then you are obviously ok and the guy was wrong. He may have been erring on the side of caution, or not known about evasion. I once had a guy say in party chat that "evasion is overrated." I lost my **** almost immediately, couldn't stop laughing at the guy over voice chat for the rest of the quest, and still get a chuckle out of it to this day.

Sarisa
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
420ish HP and evasion is just fine for the "dot of death" (called "Spartan" on Sarlona). You may die when she goes to war if she gets a few lucky hits, but until that point you are fine. I've survived just fine several times on my second string character (rogue splashed Warchanter) with 436hp buffed (haven't made a Greensteel HP item yet and don't have Madstones).

More HP is just a buffer for lag spikes and/or inexperienced healers.

Note that there is also a ranged method, which, from a healer's perspective, is more of a pain than it's worth.

NaturalHazard
02-04-2011, 03:24 AM
lol I actually have over 500 hp double madstoned :D

LordPiglet
02-04-2011, 03:37 AM

Lailat isn't acid immune though, she's lightning immune, and may have some negligable acid resistance, but she does take acid damage.

The lowest I've done the ball is about 455 base, I can run it now at 495. Evasion is handy for the blades, but you have to have decent saves.

Irinis
02-04-2011, 05:38 AM
My bard's done EDQ a bunch of times now. At first she was dying too often just from the blades and it wasn't much point then I got a shroud 35hp item and she's been fine with barely over 400 hp buffed and no evasion. We always overheal a lot but if the dps is fine then the run is 0 mana pots. The only deaths I recall recently have been from people getting teleported off into the lava.

More than that and evasion you should be fine really.

andbr22
02-04-2011, 05:52 AM
400 HP + dual madstone + normal rage + Chaotic (her Kops are total chaos I think) is fully enought for this fight (but keep in mind that displace is also very usefull in this raid (not against DQ but against archers)).

EDIT: also good random beater is comparable to Min2 for this boss (this boss is highly resistant to all elements (maybe excluding sonic), also immune to Lighting (so Lig2 bow is crapy one for this fight (+5 Holy longbow with increased dmg dice) -> Silver bow + cold iron arrows would be my choise unless you get epic thornlord (she have 0 fort so criticals works wonders in this fight))).

Thuldorn
02-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Just to throw it in there. I've completed EADQ2 a few times on my rogue, base 367 HP a mettaline/good rapier and dagger. Last couple times I didn't die once.