PDA

View Full Version : 3 requests

Teufel_Hunden
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
1. Gemstone crafting.

To make it official from my other post: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3559799&postcount=38 I would like to see gemstone crafting.

The example i used in that post was an elven moonblade. Ingredients include a moonstone (duh) combined with sword-type weapon (Scim, long, short, bastard, great, falc). Can then add different gems/rocks "to the hilt" for different effects.

Fire Opal = Flaming(burst) or xFire Resistance
Diamond = Holy/PG or Keen
Emerald = Acid(burst) or xAcid Resistance
Amethyst = Force(burst) or xSonic Resistance
Yellow Diamond = Sunburst and/or Everbright
Pearl = pure good/holy
Quartz = Lighting(burst) or xLightening Resistance, maybe sonic?
Onyx = some necro effect
Imperial Topaz = some good/healing effect? Command?
the list goes on (ie running out of gems/rocks)

Make the rocks rare drops, but available world wide like they are now, not just in one or 2 quests that are farmed ad nausum.

The crafting can be similar to greensteel, but materials are available worldwide (same as finding the gems). Can even be used in the stone of change, possibly, for minor upgrades. Tech is there with the ice motes and recipes. Just extend it to include gems. Up (or lower) the drop rate for the gems and presto! Like mentioned above: moonstone. Recipie: add one +x(or greater weapon), one stone/gem, 3 ingredients of something, pull lever, tadaa!!

As it is, there is no raison d'ĂȘtre for all the stones, rare and common, except for money and inventory space takingupingness. Make them useful for something.

Idea 2: (been suggested before, but bears repeating i think)
The Heal skill

Make the heal skill do something (based on skill level). Something similar to a cure x wounds , as well as a chance to remove disease, poison, lesser restore. Higher the skill, the more healed and better chance of curing what ails ya.

Idea 3: (not my own, but requested many many many times)
Double effect quarterstaff. Even a new weapon sub category: Wizards staff.
Similuates the effect of carrying two clubs/daggers/scepters whatever, which looks silly by the way.

As it stands: I have to tuck one sceptre under my arm to reach the ingredients for my spell. If i forget and choose the wrong pocket, i have to shift arms, tucking 2 sceptres under my other arm, running the risk of dropping both and not getting the effects. Get the components ready. If the spell takes 2 hands to cast (as we don't have that bladesinger feat for single handed casting), i have to put both sceptres under my arms, or in my mouth, or between my legs. Have you ever had to jump around like a rabbit, inside a burning hot firewall with 2 clubs between your legs, doing spell components, speaking the incantation...well you get my meaning.

Now every wizard you see in the movies points his staff at someone and something nasty comes out the end. Never see them with 2 sticks. Why? Impracticable.

So to recap this idea: New item: Wizard's Staff. Contains 2 or 4 effects, similar to a combined dual sceptre loadout.
EDIT FOR MORE IDEAS: To differentiate a Wizard's Staff from a combat staff, the WS can ONLY have spell-type suffixes and prefixes. Like xPotency of Spell Pen 7 of Fire Lore of Wizardry II. Nothing like Greater Fire Lore of Human Bane, or Potency II of Pure Good.

A wizards staff has a knob on the end!

Thank you for your time
Sincerely,

Teufel
Semper

Pape_27
01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
number 3 is cool, wouldnt mind having potency and spell pen on one item

weyoun
01-31-2011, 02:13 PM
1. Gemstone crafting.

To make it official from my other post: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3559799&postcount=38 I would like to see gemstone crafting.

The example i used in that post was an elven moonblade. Ingredients include a moonstone (duh) combined with sword-type weapon (Scim, long, short, bastard, great, falc). Can then add different gems/rocks "to the hilt" for different effects.

Fire Opal = Flaming(burst) or xFire Resistance
Diamond = Holy/PG or Keen
Emerald = Acid(burst) or xAcid Resistance
Amethyst = Force(burst) or xSonic Resistance
Yellow Diamond = Sunburst and/or Everbright
Pearl = pure good/holy
Quartz = Lighting(burst) or xLightening Resistance, maybe sonic?
Onyx = some necro effect
Imperial Topaz = some good/healing effect? Command?
the list goes on (ie running out of gems/rocks)

Make the rocks rare drops, but available world wide like they are now, not just in one or 2 quests that are farmed ad nausum.

The crafting can be similar to greensteel, but materials are available worldwide (same as finding the gems). Can even be used in the stone of change, possibly, for minor upgrades. Tech is there with the ice motes and recipes. Just extend it to include gems. Up (or lower) the drop rate for the gems and presto! Like mentioned above: moonstone. Recipie: add one +x(or greater weapon), one stone/gem, 3 ingredients of something, pull lever, tadaa!!

As it is, there is no raison d'ĂȘtre for all the stones, rare and common, except for money and inventory space takingupingness. Make them useful for something.

Idea 2: (been suggested before, but bears repeating i think)
The Heal skill

Make the heal skill do something (based on skill level). Something similar to a cure x wounds , as well as a chance to remove disease, poison, lesser restore. Higher the skill, the more healed and better chance of curing what ails ya.

Idea 3: (not my own, but requested many many many times)
Double effect quarterstaff. Even a new weapon sub category: Wizards staff.
Similuates the effect of carrying two clubs/daggers/scepters whatever, which looks silly by the way.

As it stands: I have to tuck one sceptre under my arm to reach the ingredients for my spell. If i forget and choose the wrong pocket, i have to shift arms, tucking 2 sceptres under my other arm, running the risk of dropping both and not getting the effects. Get the components ready. If the spell takes 2 hands to cast (as we don't have that bladesinger feat for single handed casting), i have to put both sceptres under my arms, or in my mouth, or between my legs. Have you ever had to jump around like a rabbit, inside a burning hot firewall with 2 clubs between your legs, doing spell components, speaking the incantation...well you get my meaning.

Now every wizard you see in the movies points his staff at someone and something nasty comes out the end. Never see them with 2 sticks. Why? Impracticable.

So to recap this idea: New item: Wizard's Staff. Contains 2 or 4 effects, similar to a combined dual sceptre loadout.

Thank you for your time
Sincerely,

Teufel
Semper

1) While I like the idea of having more crafting available, it needs to be introduced with balance to existing drop only items. Adding damage to already op items is probably not the best idea for balance.

2) Heal skill . . . yeah its useless, but so are a half a dozen skills and feats. What DDO is not lacking, however, is an abundance of heals. If it did get implemented it should be an out of combat skill only. However, DDO doesn't differentiate between in combat skills and out of combat skills. That's why you can shrine (back in the day this was supposed to be equivalent to a full night's rest) while the dude right next to you is in combat and it has no effect on your ability to get a full night's sleep.

3) I like the idea of quarterstaves being more than an easy way to gimp your caster!

Teufel_Hunden
01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
1) While I like the idea of having more crafting available, it needs to be introduced with balance to existing drop only items. Adding damage to already op items is probably not the best idea for balance. --> True. And agreed. I didn't think about something like epic or GS with moar (sic) junk on it. Maybe make it a unique item. Can be used for "noob" crafting possibly? Something to tide you over while working for GS.

2) Heal skill . . . yeah its useless, but so are a half a dozen skills and feats. What DDO is not lacking, however, is an abundance of heals. If it did get implemented it should be an out of combat skill only. However, DDO doesn't differentiate between in combat skills and out of combat skills. That's why you can shrine (back in the day this was supposed to be equivalent to a full night's rest) while the dude right next to you is in combat and it has no effect on your ability to get a full night's sleep. --> Make the Heal skill take time to work, like when you use Heal/Repair kits, or disabling a trap. Remember heal kits? LOL...yeah, good times. What other feats are as useless as heal? Jump - good to get on those high crates. Swim - good til you get UWA and makes that Tempest swim a bit quicker. Listen - well with spot in, this is kinda redundant. The rest should be obvious. Heal (and listen) are really the only ones that...well...suck.

3) I like the idea of quarterstaves being more than an easy way to gimp your caster!

Yellow

bloodnose13
01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
i think that idea /2 is good one, even neverwinter nights game had healer kits that could be used to heal, maybe useing the healer kits+heal skill should create regeneration effect instead of healing, and yes it would have to be limited to out of fight moments.

salmag
02-01-2011, 10:50 AM
1. I just want the Crafting Feats implemented, so my caster can be more useful...

Casters should be able to Brew Potions, Scribe Scrolls, and Craft Wands.
To prevent abusing the system, make those items crafted BtA.

2. Heal and Repair skills should do more than what they currently do...

Make Heal work like Healing Amplification (also, for WF)... The higher the skill, the more you get Healed.
Make the Repair skill affect the amount of damage your equipment takes. The higher the skill, the less damage.

3. Combine your Gemstone idea with your QStaff idea.

Allow QStaves, and ONLY QStaves, the ability to be enhanced by gemstones. This would balance them out and maybe make them more usefull.