PDA

View Full Version : How to use xp pot on someone else?

keiner
01-22-2011, 02:44 AM
I know it was possible at some point to use an xp pot on a friend. In the description of the xp pot in the section target it still says "self, friend" so i assume it is somehow possible.
This week i tried to use it on a friend. I had him as target and used the xp pot from a shortcut bar, not from the inventory. But still the xp bonus was given to me and not to my friend.

Does someone know a way how to use an xp pot on someone else? Or is the description wrong?

bradleyforrest
01-26-2011, 11:38 PM
I know it was possible at some point to use an xp pot on a friend. In the description of the xp pot in the section target it still says "self, friend" so i assume it is somehow possible.
This week i tried to use it on a friend. I had him as target and used the xp pot from a shortcut bar, not from the inventory. But still the xp bonus was given to me and not to my friend.

Does someone know a way how to use an xp pot on someone else? Or is the description wrong?
They recently changed this. Many people -myself included- are very annoyed with this.

Vordax
01-26-2011, 11:44 PM
They recently changed this. Many people -myself included- are very annoyed with this.

More than likely too many people complained that their XP pot was inadvertently used on someone else, effectively throwing cash down the drain. In addition it is possible that they didn't like the "I will trade a XP pot usage for plat", basically buying gold with cash.

Wouldn't expect it to change back, hopefully they at least fix the description.

Vordax

EustaceTrevelyan
01-27-2011, 12:45 AM
More than likely too many people complained that their XP pot was inadvertently used on someone else, effectively throwing cash down the drain. In addition it is possible that they didn't like the "I will trade a XP pot usage for plat", basically buying gold with cash.

Wouldn't expect it to change back, hopefully they at least fix the description.

Vordax

/this. I've actually done this, after buffing/healing someone, they were still targeted, and gave them the xp charge. Sucks majorly. Got a guild renown from someone recently tho (they'd looted it, but weren't in a guild). Gave them a +5 eternal wand of frost, since they were new (prolly not worth that much, but hey;)

Smitey
01-27-2011, 02:58 AM

You are correct it used to be possible - however it is now no longer possible and the description is now wrong since Update 8.

This thread discussed this:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=292019

And TessRavenscroft contacted Turbine support regarding this:

Well, I got a rather speedy reply to my email with the screen shot. Turbine's position is that the in-store description for these elixirs never stated that they could be cast on other players, and therefore they were not sold as such. The fact that the in-game description states otherwise is apparently a bug they are working to resolve. Long and short: no customers with this issue are receiving refunds/credits/replacement items, etc.

Doesn't really explain why they used to work and now they don't, but at least there's an answer for those who were wondering.

Irinis
01-27-2011, 03:31 AM
What I will never understand is why they don't make these things just like guest passes, with a confirmation box that YES you really do want to use it on someone else.

Zardonyx
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Consider the following.

Right now, you can get 250 free TP for signing up a new account. If you could still cast XP potions on other players, what do you think a significant portion of MMO players would do with the combination of those two abilities?

Yup, another example of "this is why we can't have nice things."