PDA

View Full Version : Default DDO store hotkeys

benneburg
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
First: Yes, I did try to search for similar threads; no, I didn't find anything. But I'm sure it must have been up before.

Please let us disable the default DDO store keybind (Ctrl+S) permanently.

I use Ctrl+<button> for key abilities on all my characters, things like stuns and trip, and move around with WASD. It's too easy to open the store by accident during combat, which usually result in a good 1 minute heavy lag fest (for me at least) and blocking a third of your view.
I do go and clear the bind when I remember, but it's not always, and it return every time the game is started.

Please, for the love of our gameplay experience, let us unbind it permanently! Thank you.

benne^

Zadkiele
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Hell yes. I use CTRL as my push-to-talk key, and it's hard to change that, it's the PTT key I use in all games with chat, and I've been using it for years, so it's completely ingrained in my muscle memory, I could as easily stop using CTRL to talk as I could stop using WASD to move...

So, now, trying to talk while moving backwards results in the store opening. it's INFURIATING!

Zad

Shade
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
There's already a way to do it.

Sorry I can't remember the exact method but I know my game certainly has no annoying ddo store hotkey anymore.

Think it involves manually editing the ddo.keymap file tho. Was so long ago when I did it I can't rmember.. Perhaps someone remebers the line you need to edit.

Kinerd
01-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I think sometimes the DDO store just opens itself, to be honest. Perhaps it's a legacy of that Old Grog bug.

donfilibuster
01-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Beside changing the hotkey do these two things:

First, assign the ctrl-s key to something you'll never use like the fifth hireling bar.
This means that when you press ctrl-s nothing will happen but the game will recognize it as beign in use.

While you are at it set all the default keys in this same manner, like the common letters.
Otherwise it's a pain to misclick out of the chat box and instantly fill your screen with subscreens, run into a pit of lava and make your camera spin wildly.

Second, alt-tab out of the game without closing it and find your ddo.keymap file.
Open properties and make this file read-only, this way your keys won't be overwritten.

The game still tries to load the default keys upon start, but since you set them to something blank they will be in use.

Of course, this is just the workaround, keep asking the devs to make a permanent fix.

benneburg
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Thank you all for the tips. I'll try those tricks till Turbine set it up properly.

benne^

Cauthey
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM
I think sometimes the DDO store just opens itself, to be honest. Perhaps it's a legacy of that Old Grog bug.

BAM!! DDO Store. :D