PDA

View Full Version : Doublestrikes on Quarterstaffs

h4x0r1f1c
01-17-2011, 07:45 PM
How come we don't get them? I want 'em on my upgraded Dreamspitter.

It'll help a lot against mobs of Devils and Orthons and may keep the darn thing from breaking so quick.

TheDearLeader
01-17-2011, 07:48 PM

It'll help a lot against mobs of Devils and Orthons and may keep the darn thing from breaking so quick.

Because you aren't a combat class? You can't cast Zeal, nor do you have the Fighter Capstone? Or a Tempest Ranger.

Your Monk Wind stance should give you some small bonus to doublestrike.

Missing_Minds
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Because you aren't a combat class? You can't cast Zeal, nor do you have the Fighter Capstone? Or a Tempest Ranger.

Careful there, DL. Back when they made the first past and were getting rid of the boost, the bonus provided to acrobats was talked about and would probably get hit in a second sweep. Probably along side the collar and docent as well I'd suspect.

Quarterling
01-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Currently quarterstaffs are set to be used as a 2H weapon. In pen-and-paper, you can ALSO use it as a double weapon (so the TWF feats would be used). I think that Turbine should instead make an option where you can choose on how you fight with a quarterstaff.

TheDearLeader
01-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Careful there, DL. Back when they made the first past and were getting rid of the boost, the bonus provided to acrobats was talked about and would probably get hit in a second sweep. Probably along side the collar and docent as well I'd suspect.

He's also not an Acrobat.

shortdevils
01-17-2011, 08:49 PM
/signed
double weapons will be an excellent addition to the game as well as a boost to acrobats.

Missing_Minds
01-17-2011, 08:53 PM
/signed
double weapons will be an excellent addition to the game as well as a boost to acrobats.

TWF is not doublestrike.

herdisleah
01-17-2011, 09:10 PM
There's plenty of ways to get double strike - rogue class feats, monk stances, enhancements...Zeal...of course, that kind of stuff you can't expect on a *caster*. Nice try. You can get hit with an Inspire Recklessness tho...

Senshock
01-17-2011, 11:20 PM
....It'll help a lot against mobs of Devils and Orthons and may keep the darn thing from breaking so quick.

Syloth Sayvon is hanging out in the Lobster? :eek:

Want doesn't equal a suggestion so..

/notsigned
/ibtl

Hendrik
01-18-2011, 09:20 AM

Must be a combat class first.

You are not.

Suggestion;

Learn the game before you want to change it.

Kaeldur
01-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Must be a combat class first.

You are not.

Suggestion;

Learn the game before you want to change it.

Don't even bother... I never really care to check who posts what, but I have happened to notice a huge number of similar posts from this particular person. I'd bet he posts from in game when he dies, then gets frustrated and wants to change things so he can be uber.

Talias006
01-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Good attempt. If this suggestion didn't involve your wanting to increase the productiveness of one Quarterstaff, and instead just wanted it to be for all Quarterstaves , I would put more credibility into your request. As it is, though...

/notsigned

Your efforts are improving somewhat.

Hendrik
01-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Don't even bother... I never really care to check who posts what, but I have happened to notice a huge number of similar posts from this particular person. I'd bet he posts from in game when he dies, then gets frustrated and wants to change things so he can be uber.

Your catching on!

:)

mws2970
01-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Your catching on!

:)

Too bad the OP can't manage to do the same. :P

doubledge
01-19-2011, 09:31 AM
if you go into a shop, there is a MAGICAL TAB labeled "repair" click, then add all. then hit repair all.... your quarterstaff will last longer.

there is a shop in shroud 3( skele)

also, what would happen if you death aura him?

toughguyjoe
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
They could feasibly make a Quarter Staff with double strike on it...but adding double strike to all quarter staves would just be asinine.

Maybe a Epic staff for acrobats that isn't terrible?

+6
Double Strike 6%
Base damage 1d12 x3
Corrosive Salt
Disentigration
+1 Uncanny Dodge/Showtime
+5 Stacking Balance
Red Slot
Colorless Slot

I dunno. Maybe.