PDA

View Full Version : Simplify Enchancement swapping

Entwhistle
01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Recently I swapped enhancements on a couple character and wiping out all your enhancements and re-picking them more complicated than it needed to be. I think it'd be better if it was more like training enhancements that worked both ways. You could pick an enhancement you have trained and use the arrow to delete it, gaining an action point you can spend on another enhancement. I think it would help new players (and some easily confused older ones :o ) to keep the enhancement they want while resetting them.

Krelar
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I imaging this would be difficult with prerequisites and minimum ap requirements. You'd end up having to reset most of them anyways unless the one you wanted to switch was one of the last ones you took.

Faelyndel
01-17-2011, 06:02 PM
/signed

I personally like the idea and think it would be handy in some situations. Krelar is correct that often people will have to reset anyways, but it would be nice to have the option to "sell back" individual enhancements if doing so doesn't require you to completely refigure your enhancement line-up. If you had to reset before, you'll still have to reset with the OP's suggestion. If you wouldn't have had to, besides the fact that there's no other way, then you no longer do. No one loses anything or has a more difficult process. Just makes some situations simplified.

Gorbadoc
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
But if aspects of the character design interface are made user friendly, then the game will be more accessible to people who have bad memories. Do you REALLY want to play the game with people who can't remember all 25+ of their selected abilities? :-P

(seriously, though, I'm usually happy with changes that streamline the user interface).

azrael4h
01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I would like it if I could say select Radiant Servant, and it would automatically add in the other prerequisites provided I meet the minimum AP spent and had enough ap to qualify. I'm always forgetting one or two things, having to click show unavailable, see what I need, uncheck it, go find it, find I forgot something else, etc... Not game breaking, but it'd have saved a couple of minutes earlier tonight, and with the guildy I was running with, that meant mana pots from the store (he's addicted, and thinks you cannot play a caster at all without using them. Nevermind I don't buy any, and we're just as effective as a group regardless of whose on Cleric).