PDA

View Full Version : Raid Timer Item

potccat
01-16-2011, 08:25 PM
I was thinking an item that had a chance to drop in chests, or could be bought in the DDOstore that would reset your raid timers, or just the timer of one raid. Since the 3 day wait rather sucks, that would be a way for people to raid more often and make the game more money

~jradnut
01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
My knee-jerk reaction is I like the idea of something dropping in loot, but not as a DDO store item.

Edit: Welcome to the forums.

Adalita
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
No.

I'm all for the store as the more people spending money on the game the more money for development. But you should never be able to buy things that provide such a significant in game advantage. It instantaneously creates a class of haves and have-nots thereby alienating the 90% of the player base that doesn't buy them.

Given the amount of bleeting over the price of armour skins (something that has no in-game effect), I can't imagine the rage that this would create.

ArloOne
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Once you have 4-5 characters on a cycle. The 3-day timer is not so much of an issue. Just sit back relax and enjoy other characters or quests.

Regarding your suggestion: /not signed.

It is fine the way it is.

IMHO

loki_3369
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
No.

I'm all for the store as the more people spending money on the game the more money for development. But you should never be able to buy things that provide such a significant in game advantage. It instantaneously creates a class of haves and have-nots thereby alienating the 90% of the player base that doesn't buy them.

Given the amount of bleeting over the price of armour skins (something that has no in-game effect), I can't imagine the rage that this would create.

This.