PDA

View Full Version : VOD curse and others like it.

Kromize
01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Make it so the curse that prevents healing prevents repairing as well. That way Warforged won't be an 'easy button' for people. That is all. :)

grodon9999
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Make it so the curse that prevents healing prevents repairing as well. That way Warforged won't be an 'easy button' for people. That is all. :)

People still play WF melees? :)

Phidius
01-14-2011, 04:01 PM
And make the Reconstruct spell remove ailments and stat damage... and make it a heal spell, and remove WF from the game, and make all wizards and sorcs and fvs into clerics, and...

No thanks - I like variety. Don't tell my wife :D

Edit: I don't expect to win this argument, given the dev's use of the curse in New Invasion.

TheDearLeader
01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't play robots. I don't like them.

However, this is part of their class abilities. It is not part of the Devil's mechanism to block a repair-type effect. Rather, it is the capability to directly "block" incoming divine energy.

They are apples and oranges, and are so for a specific reason. So, no thank you.

Junts
01-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Some curses do block repairing, like the one from the explosions in new invasion.

Twerpp
01-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Says the human melee lol.

MrCow
01-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Two notes of interest:

When the Dream Reaver was first introduced the curse it bestowed blocked positive and repair energy. When the durations of many long or permanent effects were adjusted to be more favorable towards players the Dream Reaver's curse was changed to only block positive energy, allowing Warforged to be repaired again through the curse. This change makes your request seem unlikely to occur.
Negative energy is not impeded by heal-blocking curses such as Cursed Wounds and Soul Crush. While it wouldn't be common to have a wizard be the center of attention a Pale Master using an undead shroud form can heal with those curses on them.

Kromize
01-14-2011, 09:46 PM
And make the Reconstruct spell remove ailments and stat damage... and make it a heal spell, and remove WF from the game, and make all wizards and sorcs and fvs into clerics, and...

Edit: I don't expect to win this argument, given the dev's use of the curse in New Invasion.

Not quite the angle I was coming from. Just tired of being told I can't tank sully due to curse by the poor party leaders that don't know any better.

sirgog
01-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Not quite the angle I was coming from. Just tired of being told I can't tank sully due to curse by the poor party leaders that don't know any better.

The funniest thing I've seen is parties where you have a ~85 AC fleshy melee that can hold aggro, and yet the group leader insists on a WF tank. (Suulo in both VOD and TOD can't hit an 85 AC except on 20s below Elite and on Elite can barely hit)

Xithos
01-15-2011, 03:09 AM
The WF tank was never 'the easy button'; it was the "we don't have anything better available atm" button because the guild's no fail max AC intim or hate tank "easy buttons" are not being run at the time. The WF melees have very little going for them right now so why take this away?

Kromize
01-16-2011, 03:22 AM
The WF tank was never 'the easy button'; it was the "we don't have anything better available atm" button because the guild's no fail max AC intim or hate tank "easy buttons" are not being run at the time. The WF melees have very little going for them right now so why take this away?

rofl, thats funny. It's even more funny when it's those no fail max ac intim and hate tanks that get declined because they want warforged for curses.

Noctus
01-16-2011, 07:18 AM
It makes Warforged special amd better differentiates them from "the fleshies".

Without that WF would be a outdated race. You want DPS --> Halforc. Your want HP --> Dwarf.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-16-2011, 07:30 AM

I agree, diversity is good and this should be left as it it...it makes sense the way it is from a game perspective (and doesn't make sense the way it is in NI)

We shouldn't change that just because the OP runs into some poor party leaders, he can always start his own party.

Lorz
01-16-2011, 08:01 AM

so you wanna gimp others so you can feel better and get into other peoples raids so you can be tank.

Sounds like to me this is more a personal problem you want to burden the community with.

I say no.

Gulnar13
01-16-2011, 08:26 AM
rofl, thats funny. It's even more funny when it's those no fail max ac intim and hate tanks that get declined because they want warforged for curses.

If someone do so, they will fail at VoD. There is no other way to put it.

Taurnish
01-16-2011, 12:24 PM
I completely agree Lorien. Just because some raid leaders are fixated on a specific tactic does not mean the game should be changed. Variety is good and it makes sense for an evil creature to be able to block divine healing but not an arcane repair spell.
I agree, diversity is good and this should be left as it it...it makes sense the way it is from a game perspective (and doesn't make sense the way it is in NI) We shouldn't change that just because the OP runs into some poor party leaders, he can always start his own party.

Kromize
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
so you wanna gimp others so you can feel better and get into other peoples raids so you can be tank.

Sounds like to me this is more a personal problem you want to burden the community with.

I say no.

Keep makin' those assumptions.

Anyways....

I don't really see how changing the curse(to effect warforged as well, more sensible) will gimp the WF. From your points of view, the only good thing about warforged is not being effected by the curse. What about: immunity to poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and perma-fort(25%) requiring only mod for to get 100% fort. You talk of a change like this as if warforged didn't have those benefits....

Really this change would be to make it a more balanced raid, and would help out fleshie tanks lookin to tank him.

On the presumption that this change won't be made though, for completely logical reasons, some raid leaders out there should learn that the curse isn't a big deal.

Angelus_dead
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Here's a totally other suggestion:

Make it so a healing-immunity effect changes your hitpoint bar from red to grey. (Applies both to enemy curses and Pale Master undead)

pHo3nix
01-16-2011, 04:47 PM

Yes, let's also remove that nasty reconstruct spell, it's not fair that wf casters can heal themselves so well while fleshies struggle to keep themselves alive, but of course the wf healing penality should remain cause robots are ugly

Phidius
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM

So why aren't you more grateful that this feature of the Healing Curse kept you out of a horrible group?

Don't change the game to accommodate the ignorance of others, please. Take this from a guy who gets declined/ignored on a regular basis.

melkor1702
01-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Sounds like you want to play the game a certain way and the party/raid leader wants to do it another.

Seems like a simple solution to this, start your own group and you tell the party/raid how you want it to run and who does what. If your group members don't like it they have two choices, suck it up or leave.

donfilibuster
01-16-2011, 06:11 PM
ain't pots of rem curse enough?

bendover
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM

This is the best statement I've read all day.

Alavatar
01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Another solution:

Build a WF intim/tank. :D Then you can tank and make the crappy raid leaders happy.

Disclaimer: As a player with 10 Warforged characters, I am not saying WF are crappy. :) I am saying a raid leader that can't accept other strategies as legitimate is a crappy raid leader.