PDA

View Full Version : Re: the new Necro pack

Trillea
01-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Bad form releasing this 3 days *after* having the 50% sale on adventure packs..

Dysmetria
01-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Bad form releasing this 3 days *after* having the 50% sale on adventure packs..They are re-releasing it, and likely took it out just before the Necropolis packs went on sale.

It isn't bad form, it is par for the course, they took out the halfblood combo pack before just before those races were half off too and re-released it after as well.

Trillea
01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
They are re-releasing it, and likely took it out just before the Necropolis packs went on sale.

It isn't bad form, it is par for the course, they took out the halfblood combo pack before just before those races were half off too and re-released it after as well.

If this is true (not saying it isn't, just don't know) then that is REALLY bad form!

Stanley_Nicholas
01-14-2011, 03:55 PM
If this is true (not saying it isn't, just don't know) then that is REALLY bad form!

'Interesting. Do you want to buy it or not? Turbine is a business, it is not a charity. You know, I mean maybe one day Unicef will get into the micro-transaction MMO business, but you know, until then, Turbine is the business to see.'

Trillea
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Interesting. Do you want to buy it or not? Turbine is a business, it is not a charity. You know, I mean maybe one day Unicef will get into the micro-transaction MMO business, but you know, until then, Turbine is the business to see.

While this is true, raising the price on an item and then putting it on sale is illegal. Anyone that bought all 4 of the Necro packs could theoretically sue. I wouldn't (bought all my packs a long time ago) but the possibility is there.

Stanley_Nicholas
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
While this is true, raising the price on an item and then putting it on sale is illegal. Anyone that bought all 4 of the Necro packs could theoretically sue. I wouldn't (bought all my packs a long time ago) but the possibility is there.

I guess you didn't get the Joe Dirt reference. :(

Trillea
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I guess you didn't get the Joe Dirt reference. :(

Nope, only saw that one a couple times.

Xenus_Paradox
01-14-2011, 05:19 PM

They didn't, though.

With Horc/Helf, they sold a 2-pack AS WELL AS the individual items.

The individual items were put on sale, and the 2-pack was temporarily removed from the store.

With Necro, they were selling 4 individual items, put them on sale, then, after the sale ended, put up a 4-pack.

But hey, go ahead and try to sue if you like. I'm sure there's no shortage of lawyers who'd be happy to take your money for a case with no merit.

Trillea
01-14-2011, 05:23 PM
They didn't, though.

With Horc/Helf, they sold a 2-pack AS WELL AS the individual items.

The individual items were put on sale, and the 2-pack was temporarily removed from the store.

With Necro, they were selling 4 individual items, put them on sale, then, after the sale ended, put up a 4-pack.

But hey, go ahead and try to sue if you like. I'm sure there's no shortage of lawyers who'd be happy to take your money for a case with no merit.

You are incorrect on this matter. This would be like a store that sells both individual cans of soda and 6-packs of soda taking the 6-packs off the shelf so that their sale of individual cans would go up. Then after the sale ends, they sell the 6-packs again. This is illegal. Although like I said I couldn't do it anyway, I bought my packs a long time ago.

Zardonyx
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM
raising the price on an item and then putting it on sale is illegal.

That sounds wrong. If that were true, than any store that ever raised the price on an item could never have it on sale ever again.

Trillea
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
You are incorrect on this matter. This would be like a store that sells both individual cans of soda and 6-packs of soda taking the 6-packs off the shelf so that their sale of individual cans would go up. Then after the sale ends, they sell the 6-packs again. This is illegal. Although like I said I couldn't do it anyway, I bought my packs a long time ago.

OK, whoever negged me for this please tell me why and we can discuss this. I was not trolling, nor was I giving out bad information.

Dysmetria
01-14-2011, 08:34 PM
OK, whoever negged me for this please tell me why and we can discuss this. I was not trolling, nor was I giving out bad information.Since when do you have to be trolling to receive negative rep?

If people disagree with you, expect some to negative rep you, whether your argument is valid or not. That is how I got all of mine.

There are no laws regarding the sale of virtual items for the virtual currency of turbine points that I am aware of however, perhaps in your country it is illegal to do what you claim, but I don't see how that law applies to tp.

Angel_Barchild
01-14-2011, 08:54 PM
OK, whoever negged me for this please tell me why and we can discuss this. I was not trolling, nor was I giving out bad information.

I'm didn't neg you (I don't even use the rep system) but the problem is you are giving out bad information. You can not force a business to carry any item you want in the quantity you want. Your soda reference is just silly, the store is not required to sell 6 packs because they sell single cans of soda. If they want to carry only one quantity at time, that is perfectly legal. I don't know where you live, but in the U.S. the government doesn't usually regulate the selling basic goods this way.

On another note, you apparently didn't read the TOS you signed. In any dispute that is not about billing, your only recourse is to quit playing. In billing disputes you agree to use binding arbitration, not to sue.

AyumiAmakusa
01-14-2011, 09:03 PM

If you read the ToS for Turbine, you'd see that they can do whatever they like to their store and we can't sue them for anything at all.

Also, we own nothing in this game. All the packs, the equipment, etc are the property of Turbine and we're merely 'renting' the use of them for as long as the DDO service continues. Because you don't 'own' anything in the game (by our current legal system) you have no right to sue.

Have a nice day!

FoxCourier
01-15-2011, 05:18 AM

I think you're missing some points here.

DDO Half-Races Bundle is already a 20% savings on the individual races over just buying them individually. Them going on sale was an effective reduction to an additional 5% (25% total) when they went up, with the bonus being that you didn't have to get a race you didn't want to play at the same time. You were still saving money on them, just not as much as indicated (5% over the bundle, but 25% on an individual race basis).

I haven't run the math on the Necro bundle, but I imagine the same sort of logic went into this - you were still getting them cheaper when they were on sale, then if you bought the bundle during those periods when it exists. The bundle is mostly there as a convenience of not having to buy them all individually, with the added bonus of a slight reduction per-pack (but you have to buy all of them, which if you already own one or two may outweigh the benefits of this).

Your example fails to model this, and is inaccurate. It's not exactly illegal for them to do this, and while it is kind of shady (it reduces the overall value of the sale for those items in particular), you're still getting an additional savings by getting them on sale this way all the same.

EDIT: Distracted, brain wasn't as well collected. Fixed a little bit, can't be bothered to do anything further at the moment.

redgod
01-15-2011, 05:50 AM

it is not illegal unless you lower the price again after the sale and constitute a fraud. if after the sale the price remains at the new raised price they are fine. you should really fact check before you spout off in public.

redgod
01-15-2011, 05:56 AM

actually you to are wrong here any merchant can remove from its shelf any product real or virtual. for any reason including to support the sale of another item this is the foundation for merchandising. the only thing in question is weather or not you buy it. the only reason coke is on the shelf next to pepsi when it is on sale and vise versa is contracts with the vender.

Stanley_Nicholas
01-15-2011, 08:29 PM
'Interesting. Do you want to buy it or not? Turbine is a business, it is not a charity. You know, I mean maybe one day Unicef will get into the micro-transaction MMO business, but you know, until then, Turbine is the business to see.'

Apparently there are more people who aren't Joe Dirt fans. Lighten up. Life is a garden - dig it.