PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth capabilities

Aeranitho
01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
I have looked for a way to use my bluetooth headsets in DDO and have not found a way to do so. This leads me to believe that it isn't recognized as a viable means of voice comminucation.

I think with the way of the techie world turning towwards wireles communications Turbine should consider this as an option. alot of players use wireless keyboards (including myself because i hate tripping over things when i roll my fluffy butt off my bean bag chair) and think that perhaps wireless hands free comms would go nicely (except the dingalings that decide they should use the restroom with their headsets and mics on and open).

Thanks just my 2pp cause it's such a good idea.

Lorad
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I use the Logitech GS930 wireless head set it works great. I would expect bluetooth would work as long as Windows recognized it as an playback and recording device.

Phidius
01-13-2011, 03:00 PM
I use my Motorola HT820 stereo bt headset when I forget to bring a corded headset. - it's just a pain to de-pair from my phone, pair up with the laptop, then back to the phone when I'm done.

I gotta say it's a bit tricky to get working, though - BT isn't as seemless and user friendly as I'd prefer.

Aeranitho
01-13-2011, 03:12 PM
interesting. I have tried using my Jawbone, Motorola H790 and a few others i have any none have worked. I'm going ot have to look further into this then because it appears i haven't looked int he right places for answers.

Phidius
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, can you use your headset(s) to record your voice and play it back in Sound Recorder (or similar app)?