PDA

View Full Version : Add '/facepalm' as an emote

Kromize
01-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Plz? For those times when you just need to do it... Srsly...

azrael4h
01-13-2011, 03:36 AM
I usually use /sigh myself for those moments, but I agree. We need a /facepalm, if for no other reason than when we get PvP chat in general.

Anthorin
01-13-2011, 03:40 AM
I doubt Turbine will add anything "negative" into this area. However ........

/signed

what about

/moon

~jradnut
01-13-2011, 03:42 AM
I dont know if DDO has it, never looked, but LOTRO use to have /bio I thought was funny.

Dulcimerist
01-13-2011, 03:59 AM
When I need to do a /facepalm emote, I just click the Club of the Holy Flame in my inventory to highlight it and then type the /sit emote. It's a decent substitute. :)

PNellesen
01-13-2011, 05:34 AM
/signed

I would have to macro it though - if only for the times when I do something really stupid, which would be at least once per quest...

doomboy
01-13-2011, 05:37 AM
/signed !

Daggaz
01-13-2011, 05:58 AM
used to play Sojourn/Toril mud back in teh day, and easily one of the best things about that game was the wide social aspect included by hardcoding several hundred emotes in. They were hillarious, they were shocking, they were whimsical, they were surprising, and most of all, they were highly useful for conveying emotion and feeling in a static and abstract environment. The best thing, they had different outcomes if not targetted, targetted to another player, or targetted to onesself, as well as if you were the emoter, the emotee, or a 3rd party witness:

plonk : You plonk down on the ground. Feeling tired?
plonk Jaznolg : You plonk down on Jaznolg! Oof!
plonk me: PLONK! You plonk down on yourself! OUCH!!!

nose: You pick your nose. Yum.
nose Jenna: You pick Jenna's nose! Ewww!
nose me: You pull a big green gob of slime out of your nose, and slurp it down! Disgusting!!

etc.. etc.. etc..

DDO is suffering a terrible shortage of emotes, imho.

andbr22
01-13-2011, 06:00 AM
yes it good idea, but I want to see emote /pike somday (ideal for Raver's or Weapon shipment).

Jacoboon
01-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Look fellas, I just happened to notice your thread here... I have the perfect solution !

I wrote a guide about making these custom emotes yourself. I even just made a program that will do it for you.... So, go check it out and get to work. I hope to have some way of sharing these custom creations in the near future. But anyway... Go. Read. Enjoy.

Edit:
Just for the record - you can make all these ;facepalm ;ty ;whatever, and it's easy as pie. Both of those links up there are to my threads here on the forums. I would recommend giving AliasHQ a shot. I'm still working on it, but you can do exactly what you are all talking about with it.

8]= Word Muncher says 'Peace. Love. Save the whales'.

Seihan
01-13-2011, 07:25 AM
/signed for more emotes

How about a /thank or /ty seems like a no-brainer imo

katana_one
01-13-2011, 07:41 AM
I usually use /sigh myself for those moments, but I agree. We need a /facepalm, if for no other reason than when we get PvP chat in general.

Yeah, doesnt the /sigh emote include the character putting his hand to his head? I recall using this in place of /facepalm several times. Good enough as far as I'm concerned.

Memnir
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
what about

/moonPlay a male Helf - use /taunt.

:D

Kromize
01-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Look fellas, I just happened to notice your thread here... I have the perfect solution !

I wrote a guide about making these custom emotes yourself. I even just made a program that will do it for you.... So, go check it out and get to work. I hope to have some way of sharing these custom creations in the near future. But anyway... Go. Read. Enjoy.

Edit:
Just for the record - you can make all these ;facepalm ;ty ;whatever, and it's easy as pie. Both of those links up there are to my threads here on the forums. I would recommend giving AliasHQ a shot. I'm still working on it, but you can do exactly what you are all talking about with it.

8]= Word Muncher says 'Peace. Love. Save the whales'.

Does it come with custom animations? If not, I'm afraid it's all for naught. Custom emotes are just typing into the box. From there, you only need to bind it to a key...