PDA

View Full Version : Random Idea: P2P versions of existing races

Zachski
01-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Heya, been away for awhile.

I had an idea just now. Something that could make Turbine more money while at the same time, changing the versatility of this game.

And that idea is taking each race and making a new, more powerful version that's p2p.

Not like 32 point builds, but... I guess you could call them "Elites".

Possible ideas (I'm rusty so these will probably randomly change between OP and UP)
Elite Elf - Wizards have an automatic +1 bonus to casting levels that can be increased with enhancements. Also, Falchion/Scimitar enhancements increase in power to be just -1 less than a Half-Orc using the same weapons.

Elite Dwarf - Gains a new enhancement that increases the threat range for axes independently of any other effects, enabling any axe to gain a threat range similar to that of a khopesh

Elite Halfling - E. Halflings start with a feat that lets them sneak at full speed, and enables them to use the normal attack animation.

Elite Human - Racial enhancements to raise stats now allows you to take both in the same stat, and humans are now capable of specializing in any weapon.

And that's that...

I truly believe this is the worst idea I have ever come up with.

Snormal
01-12-2011, 06:08 AM
1) This has gotta be a troll, right?
2) I vote no based on name alone. "Elite Halfling"????
3) This does change the versatility of the game, but for the worse.
4) I really hope you're just trolling.

bryanmeerkat
01-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I am asuming that this is a response to the fact that pay2play races are significantly better than free2play races .

What I would like to see is Dwarfs etc brought into line with half-orcs in terms off power without people having to pay . So that we could have a variety of races in game.

I dont think that turbine would ever do this though as it isnt a good way to profit , making people pay for the more competent half dorks and warforged is a moneyspinner .

I wouldnt mind if they didnt do that if they offered an upgrade package that you could pay for to make your dwarfs more in line with the half orcs .

They wont do this though as this would be bad mojo for the non VIP players to be told they need to pay to keep up with everyone else ( although technically they already do as melees should be halforc/ WF and casters should be WF to be on par with the best )

The biggest obstacle of cource would be turbine would have to admit that they have deliberatly buffed Half Orcs to be the best DPS so that if you want to be the best you should buy HOrc , we all know its happened but its a strictly ask me no questions ill tell you no lies situation . ( or ask the question but I take the 5th)

Aussir
01-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Heya, been away for awhile.

I had an idea just now. Something that could make Turbine more money while at the same time, changing the versatility of this game.

And that idea is taking each race and making a new, more powerful version that's p2p.

Not like 32 point builds, but... I guess you could call them "Elites".

Possible ideas (I'm rusty so these will probably randomly change between OP and UP)
Elite Elf - Wizards have an automatic +1 bonus to casting levels that can be increased with enhancements. Also, Falchion/Scimitar enhancements increase in power to be just -1 less than a Half-Orc using the same weapons.

Elite Dwarf - Gains a new enhancement that increases the threat range for axes independently of any other effects, enabling any axe to gain a threat range similar to that of a khopesh

Elite Halfling - E. Halflings start with a feat that lets them sneak at full speed, and enables them to use the normal attack animation.

Elite Human - Racial enhancements to raise stats now allows you to take both in the same stat, and humans are now capable of specializing in any weapon.

And that's that...

:confused::confused::confused::confused: Have you been drinking from the same pot as dogpig00?

By the way, this would provoke even more "interesting" monster beef ups and player nerfs by Turbine.

/not signed

elujin
01-12-2011, 07:04 AM
i don't like the idea at all
one part seems doable make cosmetic sub races with exstended i don't know mutch about dnd lore so i strugle with an example but i am sure there out there :)

Shanadeus
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM
You mean like wood/sun/water-elfs and so on?

I'd rather they'd be like a free "racial-feat" you have to pick in the creator and cannot change later on.

Therilith
01-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Absolutely not.

Horrible idea.

Phemt81
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM

Possibly true.

It could have been a nice idea if you said Tiefling and Celestial races who are actually stronger (+1 or +2 to CR) than regular ones ;)