PDA

View Full Version : Heartof Moderate Reincarnation (or something more original)

GentlemanAndAScholar
01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
While I'm aware that there are LR +1-3 and GR +1-3 there's still a small void in the reincarnation system. I think there should be a way for a character of any level to go back to lvl0 and re-start a new life. The character would lose all favor and XP as well as resetting its completions and resetting their stats. Build points would remain unchanged as well as character gender and race. Pricing could be above that of LR +3. Perhaps for a power leveler it's not a big deal to TR and cap through a toon they're not happy with, but from someone who can only play 2 hours/night or so and I level my toons notoriously slow, it would make more sense to have the option to scrap that lvl 9 STR-based WF FvS into something I'm more content playing (after all, this is a game, right?). Same for builds that were "broken" by change in game mechanics in the last 3 years or so. Perhaps I'd like to fix my Pally rogue without having to throw away pretty decent raid loot or having to grind my way through a TR (or having to buy 7 +3 hearts).

fool101
01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
This is not a bad idea. Seems like the mechanism for implementation would already be mostly present.

I can't see many people going for this due to the increased benefit that goes along with TRing but being a relatively casual DDOer myself I understand where you are coming from and I'm sure it would get moderate usage, especially among new players who realized at level 10+ they built something that isn't sustainable beyond that level

Then again, I guess there is always delete, which I'm guessing most people do now. But again, some people could go for it.

as an afterthought, this may appeal to PDers who die but want to keep their loots (could get expensive).

h4x0r1f1c
01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Basically TR without the XP grind, bonus build points, and past life, right?

If so then /signed

GentlemanAndAScholar
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM

If so then /signed

Correct.

h4x0r1f1c
01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Correct.

Dude you should just edit your post then make it super duper less wordy.

pjw
01-10-2011, 11:04 PM

Sounds good to me; perhaps a 'Superior Reincarnation' and should also be available at any level, not just 20.

I've got a L17 Drow Bard who I really can't bring myself to level all the way to 20, and I would like to change the race and keep the raid gear without all the TR-related stuff.

timetorun177
01-10-2011, 11:30 PM
And keep tomes.

GentlemanAndAScholar
01-11-2011, 08:42 AM
And keep tomes.

This along raid gear is very important. I'm really not in a position when I can just re-roll lose all character bound gear and tomes. I certainly don't have the time luxury to run Shroud x 40, VoD x 20, Reaver x 40, ToD x 20, DQ x 20, Titan x 20 to get the gear and tomes I currently have in that toon. And expecting someone to spend $50-70 on lesser +3 hearts is just not reasonable.

Zharfie
01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Not a bad idea as such so definitely not against it, but I think there wouldn't be too much interest in buying those :(

as an afterthought, this may appeal to PDers who die but want to keep their loots (could get expensive).

I believe PD rules most often only allow designating one item as heritage. I think most PDers wouldn't allow using this in this manner.