PDA

View Full Version : Make Feared mobs cower

Whargoul
01-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Please make feared mobs cower (similar to turn undead) instead of running all over the place. Thank you.

Malison
01-10-2011, 09:17 AM
/signed
The only thing worse than mobs chasing an uncontrolled kiter is mobs chasing no kiter.

Memnir
01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
At least make this change to Fearsome armor/robes/outfits. Please. It'd make it something viable to wear, instead of a sure-fire way to irritate the whole group.
Keep the spells the same - but a change like this to armors would be very welcomed.

Greater Fearsome, maybe?

Thoom
01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Possible solutions to your problem, dont use Fear. Try: hypnosis, hold person, mass hold person, hold monster, mass hold monster, fascinate, glitterdust, hypnotic bubble, and a few more I kinda forget.

When machete wielding Jason busts into the room while I'm eating corn flakes, I'm running. You can cower all you want!

Sebastrd
01-10-2011, 10:04 AM
/signed

thwart
01-10-2011, 10:11 AM
/signed

cause fear seems fairly useless with the way that it works now.

Deragoth
01-10-2011, 11:31 AM
/Signed

Back before I took a 2 year break from the game, Fear used to stop mobs in their tracks IF they were running at you (if they were standing still, they would run). The way it worked was fairly predictable, but not working as intended as far as I know.

It's too bad, really. It was a heck of a crowd control spell in that form. Now it's just annoying.

TheKaige
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Nope. Fear spells would become superior in CC to equal level enchantment spells. Problem with fear imo is that near as I can tell, mobs that run half-way across the zone from you still count for dungeon alert, so you have to track them down and kill them; problem is with dungeon alert; make it so that once a mob is Fear'd he's off the dungeon alert list, or redo dungeon alert completely. Making fear a cower affect like turn undead would make it superior to equal level CC.

Angelus_dead
01-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Please make feared mobs cower (similar to turn undead) instead of running all over the place. Thank you.
It would be preferable to instead fix the interaction of network position updates and melee intersection detection, so that players can correctly attack monsters who are running away. But that would require more than the minimal level of programmer manpower DDO has...

SardaofChaos
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
At least make this change to Fearsome armor/robes/outfits. Please. It'd make it something viable to wear, instead of a sure-fire way to irritate the whole group.
Keep the spells the same - but a change like this to armors would be very welcomed.

Greater Fearsome, maybe?

I would very much like this, but agree that changing the spell may be a bit much.

parowan
01-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Perhaps a random affect? Some cower and some run?

I think the best might be if they all run about 20 feet and then cower.

Or wet their pants.