PDA

View Full Version : Death Aura in PvP

h4x0r1f1c
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Did you know if you're in the brawling area and somebody has Death Aura on and is on the ledge and you're too close to the ledge their aura still affects you?

Also if someone uses Ice Storm near the ledge and someone on the ledge uses Break Enchantment it removes it.

Please make it so people on ledges cannot affect people in the brawling area, thanks.

KillEveryone
01-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Is this really so that you can just hang on the ledges and chill without dying?

Just don't get around those ledges.

Better yet, just remove PvP.

NinjaNeed
01-10-2011, 12:53 AM
/signed!

If this is the case then this should be fixed.

Like it or not there IS pvp in this game. Turbine provided specific areas for it and only those INSIDE the area should be able to effect what is happening in that area!

Impaqt
01-10-2011, 01:01 AM
um... Death ward?

Tat2Freak
01-10-2011, 02:34 AM
um... Death ward?
I would expect you, of all people on the forums, to know(regardless of if you PvP or not) that Dispel Magic is used in the pit.

Please make it so people on ledges cannot affect people in the brawling area, thanks.
You gotta wait in line for this one bud...unless they fix Death Aura so it doesn't deplete my Ioun Stone/Mantel charges at the same time...

hityawithastick
01-10-2011, 02:44 AM
/signed!

If this is the case then this should be fixed.

Like it or not there IS pvp in this game. Turbine provided specific areas for it and only those INSIDE the area should be able to effect what is happening in that area!

This. I noticed this too...I think it started happening one downtime or so after U8.

Hendrik
01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
It's PvP, as you can see, nobody gives a ****.

;)

redgod
01-10-2011, 08:07 AM
It's PvP, as you can see, nobody gives a ****.

;)

/this

ps your my new hero

Missing_Minds
01-10-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm of two thoughts on this one.

1. It is incorrect behavior and should be fixed. Instead of complaining to the forums, bug report it.

2. It is PvP. Suck it! Anything goes.

JDCrowell
01-10-2011, 08:49 AM
*snip*

2. It is PvP. Suck it! Anything goes.

That should be the one and only immediate response to ANYTHING H4x says in these forums....

Mudcnd
01-10-2011, 11:23 AM
No

Pleads with the devs not to waste time trying to fix , pvp just let it die.
Without it the ddo community would be a much more mature place.

Nexx
01-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I really don't think anything in PvP should be or have to be fixed.
If you don't like what's going on in PvP, then obviously you shouldn't be there.

If you simply want to just hang on the ledge in a PvP area; why not just go to
the least occupied one? Like say, the one in house D or house J....:rolleyes:

RATRACE931
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I'd rather Devs not spend time fixing something this small in a system thats... really not that important to alot of players. If it's broke it needs to be fixed but priority on this in my mind is lower than i thought possible, dev nap time might take precidence imho.

RATRACE931
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
That should be the one and only immediate response to ANYTHING H4x says in these forums....

You guys are amazingly harsh on Dispel... I mean im not a fan prolly never will be but this is pretty shocking that his meer presence induces such hate I think I'm going to give him pos rep just for exposing all the people who take forums a little to seriously.

Senshock
01-10-2011, 05:32 PM
/notsigned
/IbtL