PDA

View Full Version : Give NPCs

bendover
01-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Turbine should really consider putting NPC's a little tab with their name next to the rest of the party members at least in a non raid. This would make any healing, buffing, etc... that could be needed for said NPC to be easier. A quick click of their tab bar would be much easier and beneficial to the group as opposed to having to try to highlight them while they are bouncing around doing stupid ****. After all they are part of the group they should be represented in some manner.

Phidius
01-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Agreed. I really hate quests that require me to keep some crazy AI alive against their wishes, but something like this would make it more bearable.

bendover
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Agreed. I really hate quests that require me to keep some crazy AI alive against their wishes, but something like this would make it more bearable.

You hit the nail on the head with the "alive against their wishes" part haha.

carbnsol
03-15-2011, 03:43 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how the heck can you heal a NPC. I have been trying to keep Croyle alive and can't seem to figure out to heal him.

KillEveryone
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how the heck can you heal a NPC. I have been trying to keep Croyle alive and can't seem to figure out to heal him.

The squishie is a PITA. Knock him out and take care of things yourself.

Don't let the squishie try to fight. The squishie is very squishie.

chrisgina39
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how the heck can you heal a NPC. I have been trying to keep coyle alive and can't seem to figure out to heal him.
fixed and youre trying to keep him alive? good luck thats like using a sledge hammer to pull teeth(pull not smash)

Cyr
03-15-2011, 04:31 PM
/signed

Kaeldur
03-15-2011, 04:35 PM

You have to press Q or Backspace (or right-click) to target the NPC, then you can cast any healing spell on him.

Turbine should really consider putting NPC's a little tab with their name next to the rest of the party members at least in a non raid. This would make any healing, buffing, etc... that could be needed for said NPC to be easier. A quick click of their tab bar would be much easier and beneficial to the group as opposed to having to try to highlight them while they are bouncing around doing stupid ****. After all they are part of the group they should be represented in some manner.

/signed

This would help immensely in a bunch of quests! It's not game breaking either, it's just making things less stupid. Because instead of having to keep cycling between usables/NPCs and keeping an eye on your group, you can have it all in one place and quickly target whoever you need. It's hardly even an "easy button" as some may try to call it.

Falco_Easts
03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
You have to press Q or Backspace (or right-click) to target the NPC, then you can cast any healing spell on him.

Right click works as well

carbnsol
03-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the help. I tried everything but that.

arch0njw
03-16-2011, 03:45 PM

I use the F keys to target. F1-F6 targets a specific party member.

TheDearLeader
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I use the F keys to target. F1-F6 targets a specific party member.

You can't assign an F-key to target an NPC, however. While the "Backspace/Q" method has been described, there is no "Select Coyle" or "Select Brawnpits" button. May have to do some target cycling before you get the correct target.

Kaeldur
03-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Right click works as well

Right... You quoted me saying right click, not sure what you mean here as I clearly stated the right click as well... Was it a question and you forgot question mark? In this case: yes, it works, but it's pretty annoying to have to move your mouse around the screen to actually pick the target.

You can't assign an F-key to target an NPC, however. While the "Backspace/Q" method has been described, there is no "Select Coyle" or "Select Brawnpits" button. May have to do some target cycling before you get the correct target.

Then again, like stated, Backspace/Q will also cycle through a bunch of junk, like crates and t-bags...

Which is why the OP's point makes sense. It's pretty annoying either way you try it.

TheDearLeader
03-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Then again, like stated, Backspace/Q will also cycle through a bunch of junk, like crates and t-bags...

I'm in agreement with you. Hence why I stated:

May have to do some target cycling before you get the correct target.

I don't like cycling just to heal some nub NPC that forgot his heavy fort back at camp.

Kaeldur
03-16-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm in agreement with you. Hence why I stated:

I don't like cycling just to heal some nub NPC that forgot his heavy fort back at camp.

I mean I was talking about Falco... I didn't understand he quoted me saying "right click also" as in "right click also works" and then he said "right click also works"...

Anyhoo, yeah, help Coyle be less hated!

Falco_Easts
03-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Right... You quoted me saying right click, not sure what you mean here as I clearly stated the right click as well... .

It's called me skimming instead of reading clearly and missing what was in the brackets. Sorry about that.

LezChap
03-17-2011, 12:27 AM
A Macro-able "/target" command that we could put in a hotbar space would also be nice...or just a /target command we can have ready at the chat screen when we need it.

Wouldn't be too hard to implement either,it's just a matter of combining the chat command routines/functions/whatever with the targeting (check for distance/visibility and target if in range) ones. Someone who knows the code could probably do it in 20 minutes (plus compile time), most of which would be searching for the specific areas of code to copy from, and then testing to make sure it worked as intended.