PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a multitude of balance issues

Riggs
01-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Improve the AI.

Years of using Firewall should make something painfully obvious to anyone.

Monsters that stand in a area taking damage - and not moving - is broken.

Dozens of balance issues arise from this issue, like having to make monsters more powerful.

Making monsters more powerful resulted in other broken mechanics - like say barb crit rage and FB crit damage.

Improve the AI, a hundred other things fall back into place.

Simple.

Zharfie
01-04-2011, 02:42 AM
I like how air elementals use gust of wind to remove firewalls now, more stuff like this! :)

FluffyCalico
01-04-2011, 02:48 AM
So by balance you mean nerf the few usable damage spells in the game so that there are 0. Nerf barb dps so its lower than most other dps classes.

I don't see this providing balance but futher breaking it.

There are many things that could be done to provide balance but neither of these are them.

Also please keep in mind, DnD was never about balance between characters...but was about balanced parties. When you try to balance individual classes for solo playability you break what was DnD as it was never ment to be balanced in that manor.

Riggs
01-04-2011, 02:36 PM
So by balance you mean nerf the few usable damage spells in the game so that there are 0. Nerf barb dps so its lower than most other dps classes.

I don't see this providing balance but futher breaking it.

There are many things that could be done to provide balance but neither of these are them.

Also please keep in mind, DnD was never about balance between characters...but was about balanced parties. When you try to balance individual classes for solo playability you break what was DnD as it was never ment to be balanced in that manor.

What you posted has no connection what what I posted in the OP.

please find the quote where I stated barbs be nurfed to be lower dps than every other class, and where I said there should be zero useful damage spells in the game.