PDA

View Full Version : Allow My DDO Unlisting

h4x0r1f1c
01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Can we have the option to unlist our toons from my.ddo.com please?

This is better than removing the system for those who do like/use it.

Also, you can currently only make your account appear as anonymous on your toon's page.

I'd like to have my toons unlisted from this inaccurate system. Thanks.

chrisgina39
01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
/signed but work on youre arguements

silvertrit
01-03-2011, 04:55 PM
LFM Sorcs Will not accept if unlisted on MYDDO

phalaeo
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
As I replied in your other thread, a big no thank you.

People can remove themselves from MyDDO when every player that I have to heal has 100% fort at level 20 and didn't dump CON.

h4x0r1f1c
01-03-2011, 04:58 PM
As I replied in your other thread, a big no thank you.

People can remove themselves from MyDDO when every player that I have to heal has 100% fort at level 20 and didn't dump CON.

Okay then only allow unlisting if the toon has 100% fort or higher and a minimum of 30con.

Robi3.0
01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Can we have the option to unlist our toons from my.ddo.com please?

This is better than removing the system for those who do like/use it.

Also, you can currently only make your account appear as anonymous on your toon's page.

I'd like to have my toons unlisted from this inaccurate system. Thanks.

This feature already exists.

To unlist your toons from myDDO log into the game. At character selection screen highlight the character you wish to unlist. Then click the button directly next to the character create button. A confirmation box will pop up. Type the highlighted character's name into the space provided in the box.

In about 4 to 6 months your character will no longer appear on myDDO.

:D

chrisgina39
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Okay then only allow unlisting if the toon has 100% fort or higher and a minimum of 30con.

so we need to grind out stuff to get removed keep it so you can unlist youre stats build ect but not sp and hp

Calebro
01-03-2011, 05:13 PM

30 Con?
14 +2 tome +6 item = 22
even with a max 18 at creation, that only becomes 26
WF and dwarves can get that to 30.
So unless the characters are a near-capped WF or dwarf with max Con, or have some epic gear, or are a Barbarian.... they can't unlist them?

That's ridiculous. Try again.

h4x0r1f1c
01-03-2011, 05:18 PM
30 Con?
14 +2 tome +6 item = 22
even with a max 18 at creation, that only becomes 26
WF and dwarves can get that to 30.
So unless the characters are a near-capped WF or dwarf with max Con, or have some epic gear, or are a Barbarian.... they can't unlist them?

That's ridiculous. Try again.

Who is going to look you up on my.ddo.com to run a Butcher's Path?

CON is the new thing man, gotta' have it. Plus I was joking the the poster by saying to allow unlisting with those minimal stats.

I want the ability to unlist myself. Thanks.

Calebro
01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I want the ability to unlist myself. Thanks.

Oh, I completely understand that.
This is the main problem that you have. Every single "suggestion" that you make revolves around you and has no thought of anyone else.
I want, I want, I want!
These are your "suggestions", and this is the reason that people immediately ignore and/or flame your threads.

Try thinking about what would make the GAME better and post a suggestion about that, rather than what would make YOUR TOON better.
I guarantee you'll see better responses if you try it that way.

Calebro
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM
I also guarantee that you won't do it.
You're a troll, represented by the badge of honor you have created for yourself that is your total neg rep, flaunted i your sig as if you're proud of it.

h4x0r1f1c
01-03-2011, 05:36 PM
I also guarantee that you won't do it.
You're a troll, represented by the badge of honor you have created for yourself that is your total neg rep, flaunted i your sig as if you're proud of it.

I'm only proud to be an example of an unbroken person who cares not for forum reputation and continues to post about what he wants without fear of what other's think or say about it. I'm unique.

Not always a good thing, but on this forum it feels good to be different.

Calebro
01-03-2011, 05:36 PM
You quoted the unimportant post, so I'll quote the relevant one for you.

This is the main problem that you have. Every single "suggestion" that you make revolves around you and has no thought of anyone else.
I want, I want, I want!
These are your "suggestions", and this is the reason that people immediately ignore and/or flame your threads.

Try thinking about what would make the GAME better and post a suggestion about that, rather than what would make YOUR TOON better.

RJBsComputer
01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
If you got rid of your negetive rep in the game then it wouldn't matter what your MyDDO said because everyone one would just go by your name then. From what I have read on these forums, your in-game rep is VERY LOW. My 20 level rogue doesn't have a fort item yet (working on a completionist) but everyone one knows I don't take chances, know how to fight my rogue, self heal, and can umd all the important scrolls to help with short term buffs, raising and healing other toons to help the clerics. Also, if the cleric start to run low on the important scrolls, I give mine up without a fuss.

Senshock
01-04-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm only proud to be an example of an unbroken person (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))who cares not for forum reputation and continues to post (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)) about what he wants without fear of what other's think or say about it. I'm unique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)).

Not always a good thing, but on this forum it feels good to be different (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)).

Thanks for clarifying ;)

OT:
Make up your mind re: my.ddo already :rolleyes:

Did I say happy b'day already?

Standard H4x post input:
/IbtL
/notsigned

Tat2Freak
01-04-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm only proud to be an example of an unbroken person who cares not for forum reputation and continues to post about what he wants without fear of what other's think or say about it. I'm unique.

Not always a good thing, but on this forum it feels good to be different.

No your not..and if you sorry clowns ever ran a quest with him you will see he is a skilled and enjoyable person to group with.../signed

Flavilandile
01-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Partially signed...

Just make the anonymous option works like it's name says :

when you decide that a given character is anonymous in MyDDO it just appears in the character list, but you cannot access the details about that character. That way people that wants to check the level are happy, and the gear screeners are pwned.

RJBsComputer
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
In again before the lock with popcorn and pop =)

and please use a more grown-up profile pic. Just saying.....

Elaril
01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I've never understood the my.ddo hate. It is a fairly valuable tool at its worst and, if you're not able to explain your build/gear concept to a party leader who is screening, then you should probably re think it. It's the leader's perogative to set the requisite minimums for his group, whether it's "first five/eleven to hit the lfm" or a bit more gear oriented, reguardless of how ridiculous they may seem.

Folonius
01-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I want, I want, I want!

Any so-called material thing that you want is merely a symbol. You want it not for itself, but because it will content your spirit for the moment. There's nothing wrong with wanting something. If one person wants it, chances are there's more people that want it.

Calebro
01-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Any so-called material thing that you want is merely a symbol. You want it not for itself, but because it will content your spirit for the moment. There's nothing wrong with wanting something. If one person wants it, chances are there's more people that want it.

Maybe I want to have sex with your wife. Should I try to convince everyone that it's a good idea?
Some desires are not for the greater good, and the Suggestion Forums relate to the greater good of the game, not to the greater good of the individual.

Either you knew that and you're baiting me, or you're clueless as to the context of the post you quoted.

h4x0r1f1c
01-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Maybe I want to have sex with your wife.

Too far brochacho nobody will listen to you if you say things like that.

People listen to and adore me. Try responding positively and giving good suggestions like I do.

chrisgina39
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I've never understood the my.ddo hate. It is a fairly valuable tool at its worst and, if you're not able to explain your build/gear concept to a party leader who is screening, then you should probably re think it. It's the leader's perogative to set the requisite minimums for his group, whether it's "first five/eleven to hit the lfm" or a bit more gear oriented, reguardless of how ridiculous they may seem.

we shouldn't have to justify our builds its bad enough that we need to link stuffs myddo also lets people copy you're build against you're will if they are going to listen our charaters stats and such im fine with it but give us the opsoin to remove our charater

chrisgina39
01-04-2011, 09:51 PM

People listen to and argue with me. Try responding positively and giving good suggestions like I do.

fixed

Calebro
01-04-2011, 09:52 PM

It was a hypothetical scenario in which you removed the part that gave it context with the rest of the post.
So I say again, this time to you:

Either you knew that and you're baiting me, or you're clueless as to the context of the post you quoted.

Folonius
01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
*offensive content removed*

Some desires are not for the greater good, and the Suggestion Forums relate to the greater good of the game, not to the greater good of the individual.

In games, greater good of the individual can be in line with the greater good of the game. As is already evident in this thread, multiple people agree with being able to hide myddo content. How many people need to agree on this idea for you feel that it is no longer the greater good of the individual and is now the greater good of the game? ... 1? 2? 10? 20?

Alexandryte
01-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I disagree on the following grounds:

MyDDO is breaking every other time they fiddle with it...there really isnt a need.

People should know your name in-game from how you play...not by how they reference a sheet: though keep in mind if you act like a prick or cause a group to fail, chances are people will be more likely to look up your build to see what is wrong.

I personally have had no issue and my main typically plays nonstandard hybrid builds that work. There has only been one issue with a known elitist on my server (unknown to me at the time).

Moral of the story: Make a good impression in-game and you have nothing to worry about. Making flimsy excuses and then complaining (which I have noticed you have a habit of doing OP) does not lend to your cause. On the contrary, it significantly weakens it at the starting gate and just attracts the inevitable vitriol that becomes cube food.

Please argue from a more defensible position than "I want" or "It would be cool if...". We might not agree with you but if you took the time to do that you would be at least a well respected dissenter on the forums.

/notsigned

Folonius
01-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I disagree on the following grounds:

MyDDO is breaking every other time they fiddle with it...there really isnt a need.

So get rid of it completly.

People should know your name in-game from how you play...not by how they reference a sheet: though keep in mind if you act like a prick or cause a group to fail, chances are people will be more likely to look up your build to see what is wrong.

I think this is the idea behind this suggestion. Stop using MyDDO to look up another persons character sheet. I carry around crappy gear just so when I log out to screw up MyDDO cause selecting someone based on what that sheet says is dumb. If you want to know something, ask them.

Please argue from a more defensible position than "I want" or "It would be cool if...". We might not agree with you but if you took the time to do that you would be at least a well respected dissenter on the forums.

Regardless of the ops reason, this is a topic that has been discussed as far as removing MyDDO and hiding character sheets. I'm against sharing character sheets with other players in PnP, I see no reason why that opinion (rule when I DM) for DDO should be any different.

You gave reasons why MyDDO is silly, but you don't agree with being able to remove the "sheet".

D-molisher
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
???
Did i miss some ???
Is MYDDO actually working again !!??!!

Mine isnt working and havent since august last year & my new char from december is unknown.
So if you check Bruized - hes in tr2 lvl 16 monk, heheh. ( hes in ftr life 2 now )

So dont worry about MYDDO - if yours work: Erase a char & make a new one with same name - that should fix your problem with MYDDO working.

Alexandryte
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Regardless of the ops reason, this is a topic that has been discussed as far as removing MyDDO and hiding character sheets. I'm against sharing character sheets with other players in PnP, I see no reason why that opinion (rule when I DM) for DDO should be any different.

You gave reasons why MyDDO is silly, but you don't agree with being able to remove the "sheet".

Without a reason...why would change occur? My point was more that its a tool that is less heavily relied on in a negative manner if you dont give people a reason to dig deeper.

You can provide something neutral, its up to people how they use it: whether it be good or ill. Sadly choice is a double ended sword: you can choose for yourself, but you cannot choose for others.

Id say MyDDO is a neutral entity, its the external influences that the OP seems to have issue with.

cpito
01-05-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm unique.

Sorry, being concerned with your fun and only your fun, to heck with everyone else does not make you unique, it makes you egocentric.

if you sorry clowns ever ran a quest with him you will see he is a skilled and enjoyable person to group with.../signed

And how exactly do you propose I do that from Ghallanda? I should roll a toon on Sarlona and waste my own time? Or maybe I should spend my own money to transfer a toon? What you fail to understand is that in-game and forum personalities are two different things and it isn't our responibility to prove the differences or similarities in anyone except ourselves. Hax could be the smartest most generous gamer ever to play an mmorpg but his forum persona does not convey that message in the slightest.

When Hax has a truly good idea for the improvement of the game as a whole, it is accepted with open arms albeit with a bit of shock.

As for the topic? I have to not sign on the basis that it won't solve anything except saving myddo users the time of actually having to read a character sheet before rejecting a group applicant.

Ungood
01-05-2011, 12:14 AM
???
Did i miss some ???
Is MYDDO actually working again !!??!!

It seems to be working. Perhaps they are just grinding out the bugs, however, on MyDDO, you can state that your having update problems and they will fix that for you.

D-molisher
01-05-2011, 12:39 AM
It seems to be working. Perhaps they are just grinding out the bugs, however, on MyDDO, you can state that your having update problems and they will fix that for you.

why would i wanna do that ??
I like it isnt working & if any1 got questions about my chars i answer ( if they can hear me on sound ) / or link heavy fort.

azrael4h
01-05-2011, 03:36 AM

If MyDDO actually worked, then it might be a "valuable tool". As of now, when half the characters an account has are not even listed after 2-6 months, and the other half after 6 months+ are still mislisted as something else, then it's good only as a griefing tool.

Fix MyDDO. It doesn't matter if you give an option to anon or not, or even remove it as people will just demand you link your gear/list stats or be booted. Failures like that exist in any MMOG. You can't get rid of them. They are the 40 year old virgins who live in their mothers' basements, and their entire lives revolve around a MMO like this. They are disconnected from reality. Ignore tools like that, and move on to better groups.

However, it is ridiculous that MyDDO cannot read the character database, when that is what it's supposed to do.

Ungood
01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
why would i wanna do that ??
I like it isnt working & if any1 got questions about my chars i answer ( if they can hear me on sound ) / or link heavy fort.

To each their own, but they are fixing MyDDO, abet slowly it seems.

Kasbark
01-05-2011, 08:23 AM

Where on myDDO do i do that? i would like myDDO to acually show some of the characters i have, instead of only one char that i deleted 60 days ago. But I can't find the feature you're talking about!

sparty55
01-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I like reading the forums at times because it reminds me how lucky I am to have a good guild. These are good friends and we all get along and run almost exclusively with each other. I don't need to worry about people looking me up on myddo judging whether or not I am worthy to run with - I am already vetted with the members of my guild. Frankly - we play to have fun - no to involve ourselves in drama. So what's my point? The point is relax, stop worrying about myddo and have fun - hopefully we all have good friends and a good helpful guild to game with. Myddo is irrelevant.

Aeolwind
01-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I gotta say, if someone is turning me down because of gear on myddo, it's someone I didn't want to group with in the first place. I stick to the rivers & lakes I'm used too, and when I decide to try something new, I make it evident up front that I'm the FNG.

k1ngp1n
01-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I gotta say, if someone is turning me down because of gear on myddo, it's someone I didn't want to group with in the first place. I stick to the rivers & lakes I'm used too, and when I decide to try something new, I make it evident up front that I'm the FNG.

I'm going to further a guess that he doesn't like it for two reasons:

1.) We can look at his stats and target his weak points in PvP. Will save baby! Weakening of Enfeebling, here I come! :P
2.) People see his low CHA, high CON, find out that he put all level ups into CON, and assume that he is gimped.

He then either gets killed in PvP or gets raged at/made fun of, which he cannot take at all. So we get this suggestion.

That would be my guess, anyways. Most of the people I know (myself included) could care less about myDDOing him - they're avoiding him because previous runs with him were - unpleasant. He may have improved in the last few months, though - who knows...