PDA

View Full Version : Armor Kits: bound to character or armor?

Azaron_Nightblade
01-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Heya folks, I recently returned from a break from the game and have been going through the armor kits previews.
Now my question is, if I buy one, will I be able to toggle it on and off any armor that I own or only on the one I'm wearing at the time of applying the kit?
I'm hoping for option number one given the fact that these things cost as much as a small adventure pack, but I very much fear the answer will be number 2... which would be a shame since I really looked forward to these =/
Does anyone know?

donfilibuster
01-02-2011, 07:59 PM
number 2

Azaron_Nightblade
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
number 2

Thought so, thanks =/

Vellrad
01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
And what if I use kit on armor and then send armor to other toon?

dcp101
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
And what if I use kit on armor and then send armor to other toon?

The armor becomes bound once the kit is applied. Using the kit removal item will return it back to the way it was.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
The armor becomes bound once the kit is applied. Using the kit removal item will return it back to the way it was.

And the removal kit comes at a price as well.

Azaron_Nightblade
01-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah... now I'm very disappointed in the whole thing...
I'm all for repeat business/consumables, but this just feels like a rip off - a very high cost and it's pretty much one use.
Add in the fact that you're constantly upgrading armors in DDO... yep, rip off. =/

MalkavianX
01-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Yeah... now I'm very disappointed in the whole thing...
I'm all for repeat business/consumables, but this just feels like a rip off - a very high cost and it's pretty much one use.
Add in the fact that you're constantly upgrading armors in DDO... yep, rip off. =/

If I might make a suggestion.... Maybe wait until you've got armor you're going to stay with?

Not disagreeing with you, it IS expensive and kinda sad that it doesn't apply to all the armors you wear. But if it did, i can guarantee that it's cost a lot more tp's.

dcp101
01-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Whats odd is that hairstyles are one time use and more likely to stick with you for the longest. One would think that would cost more but hey, business is business. It's like people charging premium for underwear vs a suit because they change the former more often (I hope) and yes I know how ridiculous that sounded.

Azaron_Nightblade
01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
If I might make a suggestion.... Maybe wait until you've got armor you're going to stay with?

Not disagreeing with you, it IS expensive and kinda sad that it doesn't apply to all the armors you wear. But if it did, i can guarantee that it's cost a lot more tp's.

Yeah, I was considering that - maybe one day when I actually hit level 20 instead of playing a zillion alts... >.>
Or I actually get lucky enough to find a Mithril full plate +5!

Azaron_Nightblade
01-04-2011, 10:57 AM

I'm guessing this destroys the custom look rather than returning it to kit form again (AKA allowing it to be used again on a new armor)?

dcp101
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm guessing this destroys the custom look rather than returning it to kit form again (AKA allowing it to be used again on a new armor)?

You guessed right.

MalkavianX
01-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I was considering that - maybe one day when I actually hit level 20 instead of playing a zillion alts... >.>
Or I actually get lucky enough to find a Mithril full plate +5!

A fellow alt-oholic! I think they moved the night for the meetings. I don't go anymore anyway, it takes time away from playing my alts. ;)

If I might offer a suggestion? I know from my experience that I'll use certain armors for a looong time. I just did my AA's armor and she just got lvl 11. Waited til I found some mediocre heavy fort clothes and then applied it to that. It'll do me for a few more levels anyway. Besides, my armor without it has that fan of spikes behind the head. I hate the way it looks with barkskin.

Azaron_Nightblade
01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
A fellow alt-oholic! I think they moved the night for the meetings. I don't go anymore anyway, it takes time away from playing my alts. ;)

If I might offer a suggestion? I know from my experience that I'll use certain armors for a looong time. I just did my AA's armor and she just got lvl 11. Waited til I found some mediocre heavy fort clothes and then applied it to that. It'll do me for a few more levels anyway. Besides, my armor without it has that fan of spikes behind the head. I hate the way it looks with barkskin.

Hi, my name is Azaron and I'm a... errr wait, not a meeting!
Those things never helped anyway, all they left me with was the desire to create those concepts others talked about! :O
But yeah, the waiting on some good armor is currently the best solution - my ranger(tempest)/fighter has been using his Mithral full plate +3 for ages now. x.x

Tuberculozis
04-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Woo, wait, hold on. What about armor upgrades?

I have the lvl 16 Robe of Shadows right now, and an armor kit on it that I like. I want to upgrade the robe to the epic version next time the Festival of Endless Night comes around. What's going to happen?

A - The robe won't be upgradable
B - The robe will upgrade, but remove the armor kit
C - The robe will upgrade and the armor kit will stay on (PLEASE!)

It also has a +1 AC ritual on it. I'm assuming that won't screw things up too much in terms of upgrade. (I don't really care if that's removed since it's easy to re-apply.)

Does anyone know? o_o

katz
04-27-2011, 09:16 AM
just a note, armor is BTA on applying a kit, not BTC. kitted armor can still be transferred via shared bank, and still retain the kit for the new character to use, or not use.