PDA

View Full Version : Intimidate and 'Cure' spells - Suggested changes

DMCain
01-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Couple suggestions so I decided to put both in one post.

Intimidate
The mechanics of Intimidate are ok, just a couple additions I'd like to see to it though:
- Ranger : Added benefit of 'taunting' animals, vermin, insects, etc.
- Paladin : Added benefit of 'taunting' non-intelligent undead.

Various 'Cure' spells (Cure Light, Cure Moderate, etc)
I think that these spells (and potions) should have a 10 point kicker( ?d8 +10) to help make up for the fact
that players start with a 20 HP kicker. I don't think this is an unreasonable request and and
feel it would help out quite a bit.

Ybbald
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
The cure spells get a + based on the caster's level already

Angelus_dead
01-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I think that these spells (and potions) should have a 10 point kicker( ?d8 +10) to help make up for the fact
that players start with a 20 HP kicker.
It would not make sense to boost healing spells in accordance to character hitpoints. They're not competing quantities. (For comparison, suppose that I'm a businessman supplying fuel to delivery trucks. An otherwise-identical truck has +100% more fuel storage capacity than the others; do I have any need to provide it with more fuel per mile?)

If there was a "kicker" given to monster damage, then that could support improving healing power, because those are opposed variables.

RATRACE931
01-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I have 3 characters tha drink cure serious pots for over 60 a pop, you can work yourself to improve them, its not something turbine needs to do imho.

sephiroth1084
01-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I have 3 characters tha drink cure serious pots for over 60 a pop, you can work yourself to improve them, its not something turbine needs to do imho.
I have a guildy who drinks CSW pots for something like 140 HP. :p

articwarrior
01-02-2011, 07:45 PM
for ranger it can be hard to implement as well as pali(that is if you can intimidate undead)

for healing-you already get a +" " effect from caster level of the item. The potion is low therefore the bonus hp for it is low

Musouka
01-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Intimidate

How does a non-intelligent being understand what a taunt is? It just makes no sense, what you are suggesting.

Missing_Minds
01-02-2011, 10:45 PM

WF non monk. Do not gimp dps or AC. Lets see what you come up with.

And yes, I know that WF are special. Best I've been able to come up with is barely breaking even.

Dulcimerist
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
The paladin intimidating undead has been suggested before, and it would be interesting. Paladins already have Turn Undead, though.

Lleren
01-02-2011, 11:19 PM
If I was going to suggest a change to Intimidate it would be to add a sustained ability to it as well as the current clicky use. The sustained ability would multiply the Hate generated by the user when active.

A single target click ability of Intimidate would also be interesting, and usefull.

Junts
01-02-2011, 11:39 PM
You can already intimidate almost every undead in the game. Even those that otherwise qualify as 'mindless' for the purpose of stuff like halt undead w/o saving throw.

Jerevon
01-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Couple suggestions so I decided to put both in one post.

Intimidate
The mechanics of Intimidate are ok, just a couple additions I'd like to see to it though:
- Ranger : Added benefit of 'taunting' animals, vermin, insects, etc.

Various 'Cure' spells (Cure Light, Cure Moderate, etc)
that players start with a 20 HP kicker. I don't think this is an unreasonable request and and
feel it would help out quite a bit.

I guess you're saying make exceptions with the mechanics since the stuff here cannot be influenced. Well, in the case of the Paladin, it should be all undead, not just the "non-intelligent" (which doesn't make sense because they don't understand a taunt anyway). Futhermore, I'd just say give a large bonus to intimidate vs these targets.