PDA

View Full Version : Guild Chest Modifications

h4x0r1f1c
01-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Can we have an option to make items in the guild chest lootable up to 5 items per toon?

Like, if I put in a ton of cookies for the lowbies of my guild, I don't want 1 guy to take them all.

justhavinfun
01-01-2011, 07:02 PM
This is an issue for the guild officers not he Dev's. Each person in the guild should be presented with a set of rules created and approved by the officers. If they fail to follow these rules let them know that they can be dismissed for their infraction. The Dev's don not need to be involved in any way with policing the members of a guild. The best solution is to get rid of the chest. There have been post about people looting the guild chest then quiting the guild and selling the items. If you don't want this to happen make a mule to store these items then hand them out to individuals as you see fit.

Musouka
01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
This is an issue for the guild officers not he Dev's. Each person in the guild should be presented with a set of rules created and approved by the officers. If they fail to follow these rules let them know that they can be dismissed for their infraction. The Dev's don not need to be involved in any way with policing the members of a guild. The best solution is to get rid of the chest. There have been post about people looting the guild chest then quiting the guild and selling the items. If you don't want this to happen make a mule to store these items then hand them out to individuals as you see fit.

That... and it sounds like you need a better guild. Or no one in your own guild respects you and your wishes about what you put in the chest.

Pape_27
01-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Can we have an option to make items in the guild chest lootable up to 5 items per toon?

Like, if I put in a ton of cookies for the lowbies of my guild, I don't want 1 guy to take them all.

I dont think that a cap on the amount of items is needed. However, I would like it if there waas a report generated and sent to the guild leader as to who is using chest - people adding to it, people taking from it, etc.

Musouka
01-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Wouldn't it be better if the report was a small window much like a history window for your browser that just pops up for anyone who opens the chest. That way anyone in the guild, even the leader can see who is putting what in, and who is taking what out.

However, I 'do' trust my guild, and everything I put in the chest is property of the guild. I don't care who takes it out, as long as it just doesn't sit in the chest. Even if it is just 1 person taking the stuff out. I wont put VERY good items in there, but I will put good items and useful stat boosting items.

h4x0r1f1c
01-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah yeah say it's an officer issue not a dev issue.

How does an officer know who took what?

Stormanne
01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah yeah say it's an officer issue not a dev issue.

How does an officer know who took what?

Honest, non smart ass answer- Change the chest over to an officers only chest and make a list of what is in the chest on the guilds website. Anything that is needed just needs to be requested there or in game. As long as the guild members actually use the website and the list is kept up to date, the problem is solved.

Senshock
01-02-2011, 12:17 AM
The Lobster is not your guild ship!

To the last part - its all about the honor system...