PDA

View Full Version : Epic scroll system

~Tago_Bane
12-30-2010, 01:44 PM
It appears that as it stands now when an epic mob dies there is a roll to see if it drops a scroll then there is a roll to see who's inventory it's deposited in the party. I believe this should change so that you are not penalized for bringing more people into your party. It leads too more short manned epics run either solo or with close friends or guildies.

My idea is that instead of competing with others in your party for the scroll each individual should have an opportunity to obtain a scroll *a seperate chance for a scroll to drop for each individual in the party* with this system it would be possible to (though extremelyy unlikely) have more than one individual obtain a scroll from a single mob. This system I think will encourage more coroperation between players, will give people insentive too pug out group instead of penalizing them for doing so. All around I'd think it would be more fair for everybody and allow the game to be played effectively more as it was intended in epic lvs.

example:
Current system as I am pretty sure it stands:
Ogre Mage dies *roll to see if scroll drops*
Partymember1 *rolls on scroll*
PM2 *rolls on scroll*
PM3 *rolls on scroll*
PM4 *rolls on scroll*
PM5 *rolls on scroll*
PM6 *rolls on scroll*

What I think is should be:
Ogre Mage dies
Partymember 1 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM2 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM3 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM4 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM5 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM6 *roll too see if scroll drops*

Bradik_Losdar
12-30-2010, 03:07 PM
It appears that as it stands now when an epic mob dies there is a roll to see if it drops a scroll then there is a roll to see who's inventory it's deposited in the party. I believe this should change so that you are not penalized for bringing more people into your party. It leads too more short manned epics run either solo or with close friends or guildies.

You aren't being penalized for bringing more people.

This is working exactly as it was before (something dies, a single scroll may drop). What HAS changed is that now everyone has an equal chance at obtaining that single scroll - instead of some rat-bastard ninja looter.

~Tago_Bane
12-30-2010, 05:06 PM
You aren't being penalized for bringing more people.

This is working exactly as it was before (something dies, a single scroll may drop). What HAS changed is that now everyone has an equal chance at obtaining that single scroll - instead of some rat-bastard ninja looter.

The less people in the quest the more likely you are to obtain the scroll

the more people you bring the less likely you are to obtain a scroll.

Therefore you are penalized for bringing more people to an epic dugeon with a lower scroll chance.

Bradik_Losdar
12-30-2010, 05:48 PM
The less people in the quest the more likely you are to obtain the scroll

the more people you bring the less likely you are to obtain a scroll.

Therefore you are penalized for bringing more people to an epic dugeon with a lower scroll chance.

Not really true - - more people = more killing = more scrolls.

'Course you could solo epic quests, but that takes waaayyyy longer. ;)

I think the point you are trying to make is that scroll drop rates are too low currently. I agree with you there. I would certainly like to see your system that everyone in a group has a chance to get a scroll when something dies vs. everyone has a chance at A single scroll when something dies. However I think the devs have worked out the percentages so that scrolls, and hence, epic items remain few and far between.

~Tago_Bane
12-30-2010, 08:58 PM

I think the point you are trying to make is that scroll drop rates are too low currently. I agree with you there. I would certainly like to see your system that everyone in a group has a chance to get a scroll when something dies vs. everyone has a chance at A single scroll when something dies. However I think the devs have worked out the percentages so that scrolls, and hence, epic items remain few and far between.

lol well that is very situational at best. Personally I think that if you went with a balanced party in most cases you would not save enough time to compensate going from 1/1 chance of getting the scroll to 1/6.

bruha118
12-30-2010, 09:09 PM
wat about the optional red names in some of the quest giving a chance to get scroll in there chest? this would perhaps encourage groups to actually do the optional's instead of skipping or invisin past them and maybe increasing the fragments to 2-3 from mobs to keep incentive to continue to want to kill trash mobs ...just a thought

~Tago_Bane
12-31-2010, 11:59 AM
wat about the optional red names in some of the quest giving a chance to get scroll in there chest? this would perhaps encourage groups to actually do the optional's instead of skipping or invisin past them and maybe increasing the fragments to 2-3 from mobs to keep incentive to continue to want to kill trash mobs ...just a thought

That is also a very good point optionals are worthless in most epic quests, perhaps seals or scrolls should be put in epic optional chests.

LookingForABentoBox
12-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Though it might not be a bad thing, I'd like to point out to the OP that unless the drop rates are changed his idea would result in scrolls being significantly more common than they were before. IS THE OP BRAVE ENOUGH TO HANDLE AN XXXTREME FISCAL REVOLUTION?!?!

Ghoste
12-31-2010, 12:37 PM

If only this were true. While soloing epics generally does take longer, it is definitely not proportionately longer to the reduced party size.

For many who can't solo, or who can not do so effectively, your observations are correct. For others who have patiently and carefully developed time efficient strategies, there is no question that they are being penalized for bringing more people along.

Ghoste
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
What I think is should be:
Ogre Mage dies
Partymember 1 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM2 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM3 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM4 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM5 *roll too see if scroll drops*
PM6 *roll too see if scroll drops*
Corrupt a wish, DDO style.

If you were to convince the Devs to implement this, it would merely be an excuse for them to lower the overall drop rate of scrolls, justifying it by saying they haven't lowered the drop rate for a full party doing the quest precisely as they intended it to be done. Turbine makes a really obnoxious DM.

etla
12-31-2010, 02:34 PM
If only this were true. While soloing epics generally does take longer, it is definitely not proportionately longer to the reduced party size.

For many who can't solo, or who can not do so effectively, your observations are correct. For others who have patiently and carefully developed time efficient strategies, there is no question that they are being penalized for bringing more people along.

Your assuming if the developers were to put scrolls into chests that they wouldn't either cut the drop probability. Either across the board (thereby screwing solo runners) or as a function of party size.

~Tago_Bane
12-31-2010, 03:23 PM
IS THE OP BRAVE ENOUGH TO HANDLE AN XXXTREME FISCAL REVOLUTION?!?!

you mean scrolls won't be as horribly overpriced or valuable? Seems like a good change too me:D Though I know a lot of scroll farmers would feel differently I think it's more important that the game plays as intended then us having an opportunity to grind any meaningless hours for a terrible chance at a scroll you can sell for 1 mil plat.