PDA

View Full Version : Any chance you could add Large shroud materials to the DDO Store?

Ziindarax
12-29-2010, 01:17 PM
The DDO store already has small shroud mats, and considering how much of a pain it is to get large devil scales, I do not understand why we players cannot buy large shroud materials (or at least be able to exchange the excess larges of other types for a large material of another type). The cost for one large material could be in the range of a 550 or 700+ Turbine Points.

While this seems like an unreasonable request, one can already buy unlimited mana potions from the DDO store (given sufficent RL funds). It's a win-win for Turbine and the players; Turbine makes money, and the players can get whatever materials they need without having to resort to paying the exorbitant prices on the Auction House for materials such as the Large Devil scales if they cannot get them from the Shroud runs.

Xenus_Paradox
12-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Sure. Then next update they can add raid loot and Epic ingredients.

Why play the game when you can buy everything with cash?

mindlessdrone1991
12-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Selling large materials in the store would cheapen all Greensteel items, in my opinion. They are extremely powerful items and, as such, require you to put in the effort. Giving these away (i.e. selling them in the store) would be the most horrific "easy button" Turbine ever implemented. (I don't usually cry "easy button," but there is no denying that this is one.)

I do like the idea of being able to exchange large materials for other types of materials.

Ziindarax
12-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Selling large materials in the store would cheapen all Greensteel items, in my opinion. They are extremely powerful items and, as such, require you to put in the effort. Giving these away (i.e. selling them in the store) would be the most horrific "easy button" Turbine ever implemented. (I don't usually cry "easy button," but there is no denying that this is one.)

I do like the idea of being able to exchange large materials for other types of materials.

I won't mind not being able to buy large mats, I just want to at least be able to trade the excess large stones, chains, and bones I get from the Shroud for large mats such as Large Arrowheads and Large Devil scales - neither of which drop very often for me. :/

Kale_Hagan
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah, something like a 3 to1 or 5 to 1 trade ratio would be nice for larges.

It would also eliminate most of the larges on the AH, since most people would keep the extra larges they get to trade for what they need.

ninjaeli
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
H3ll no!

Chai
12-29-2010, 01:40 PM
/not signed.

I dont even like smalls in the store.

If we go down this raod we might as well put GS blanks in the store with all of the different kinds of empowered shards.

Where do I buy my eSOS, I just hit level 20.

kernal42
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Absolutely not.

*NOT* being able to buy the best gear adds significant value to the game.

-Kernal

mws2970
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
No, we should not be allowed to buy larges in the DDO store. I'd be fine with having someone in Meridia where we could exchange larges for other larges, as has been suggested.

Ziindarax
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
/not signed.

I dont even like smalls in the store.

If we go down this raod we might as well put GS blanks in the store with all of the different kinds of empowered shards.

Where do I buy my eSOS, I just hit level 20.

I love it when people don't read the entire post before commenting. /sarcasm

Yes, my post suggested buying large mats from the DDO store, but it also suggested being able to trade in excess large shroud materials for the ones you need. Do I want epics and what-not to be sold in the DDO store? No, because epic items are easy enough to get a hold of. The same is true of just about everything else (this is true of Greensteel blanks and shards of power).

flynnjsw
12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
I have an idea, how about you trade your excess larges to the AH and then use the plat from there and buy/trade to get the larges you need?

eonfreon
12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
You can already buy large ingredients at the AH. I say keep it out of the store.

It wouldn't bother me if it was in the store, but I like that some things remain in-game only.

It wouldn't cheapen my items or affect me in any way, because I really don't compete with other players to see who gets stuff first or who "deserves" it more.

But for some reason, maybe because it can be bought and traded in the game, I just would rather not see it in the store.

However, a way to trade excess ingredients for the ones you desire with some cost-ratio, I think would be a good idea.
That way you still have to run the Raid or get materials from friends/guildies.

Ziindarax
12-29-2010, 02:37 PM
I have an idea, how about you trade your excess larges to the AH and then use the plat from there and buy/trade to get the larges you need?

Doesn't work like that. Currently there are only bones, stones, and some scales on the Auction House. Now, if you are suggesting buying the large scales from an NPC vendor for a price, then that would be a great idea so long as the price is reasonable (reasonable as in not needing half a million plat for just one large scale. 100k platinum for one scale would be a reasonable price for a large devil scale in my opinion).

kernal42
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
I love it when people don't read the entire post before commenting. /sarcasm

I also love it when people make suggestions without realizing the full implications of the idea.

/sarcasm

Odium
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Sure. Then next update they can add raid loot and Epic ingredients.

Why play the game when you can buy everything with cash?

Some people have more money than time and would rather spend the time they do have playing at the high end of the game instead of struggling though and getting left behind. DDO is more forgiving in this aspect when compared to other MMOs due to the fact that getting to max level is pretty much painless. Aquiring the gear you want is another story (the 40+ for madstone boots [while an extreme example, did happen to my barbarian]). While I don't necessarily agree with making them purchasable, i wouldn't mind some sort of trading NPC with a rate of say, 5:1. I mean, what am i really going to do with those 78 large chains in my bag when i only have 10 large scales?

Carpone
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
You can get large devil scales from the Shroud, any of the Amrath ToD flagging quests (all Amrath quests?), Tower of Despair and Devil's Assault. Favored Souls and Pale Masters can easily solo elite Sins of Attrition and let you in for the four chests.

The only mechanic I wouldn't mind seeing added to the game is converting small->medium and medium->large mats 10:1. So many small and medium mats I will never use...

Thrudh
12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, something like a 3 to1 or 5 to 1 trade ratio would be nice for larges.

You can already do this by selling your extra stones and shrapnels, etc. and buying scales... I'm sure you'd get people willing to trade 3-1 on stones-to-scales or shrapnel-to-scales

Sarnind
12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
/signed because i have a lot of money

Ziindarax
12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
You can already buy large ingredients at the AH. I say keep it out of the store.

It wouldn't bother me if it was in the store, but I like that some things remain in-game only.

It wouldn't cheapen my items or affect me in any way, because I really don't compete with other players to see who gets stuff first or who "deserves" it more.

But for some reason, maybe because it can be bought and traded in the game, I just would rather not see it in the store.

However, a way to trade excess ingredients for the ones you desire with some cost-ratio, I think would be a good idea.
That way you still have to run the Raid or get materials from friends/guildies.

It would seem that a consensus is forming that approves of trading in excess materials. The question (to the community) now is, if selling Large shroud materials on the DDO store is a bad idea, would it be better to trade in excess materials for the ones you need?

The idea is not mine, rather, I am taking a note from this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=290457) because it is a good idea.

Chai
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
You can already do this by selling your extra stones and shrapnels, etc. and buying scales... I'm sure you'd get people willing to trade 3-1 on stones-to-scales or shrapnel-to-scales

But but but...why should we have to deal with this messy communication and cooperation stuff when we can go to some blissfully antisocial mechanical device, toss three worthless ingredients into it, and BLAMO!!! out pops something we can use.

In fact I want a device that sits in my inventory I can use so I dont have to deal with the effort needed to run to the stone of change to make this happen.

How much are epic completions running on the DDO store nowdays? This new level 20 toon isnt going to pike itself you know. I actually have to run it to quest entrances before all the experienced players make it in and I cant see their blue dots on the map anymore.

MOM, BATHROOM!!!!!

Lorz
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I will not agree to this.

I am holding out for XP in a bottle to be sold in the store.

Then...and only Then....will this be Change i can believe in.

/note the sarcasm

Bobthesponge
12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
sigh. it seems that this comes up every 2 months. has it been that long again?

please listen carefully: rare items are rare in the game for a reason - they either are or help create rare and powerful items and as such are difficult to get. once you allow any idiot with a wallet to buy them these rare and powerful items get cheapened. the ONLY reason you see people with lots of greenesteel is that they have spent hundreds of hours in the shroud and that shows at least a certain familiarity with high level raid content. what does it say when you allow some n00b who just hit level 14 to essentially buy a Min II greataxe?

as for trading that already exists. it is called the Trade Channel or the Auction House. if you don't have the plat to buy devil scales then (warning! radical idea coming!) why don't you run a few quests and earn some plat? i hear the shroud has 12 chests full of stuff you can sell to vendors...

i know it's not the american way but in life, as in DDO, some things need to be EARNED rather than bought.

/end r... no. this rant will never end until people stop asking to buy everything in the store. the store has been slowly morphing from a repository of fun stuff/reincarnation shop to an Easy Button. the store should be scaled back rather than have more stuff added. there is too much in there already.

Schmoe
12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Respect the time limit. That is the most important thing.

moops
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM

QFT
I never understand why people don't just use the AH. . .I make a fair amount of my money selling small and med ingreds, as well as a few larges now and then.

Doesn't work like that. Currently there are only bones, stones, and some scales on the Auction House. Now, if you are suggesting buying the large scales from an NPC vendor for a price, then that would be a great idea so long as the price is reasonable (reasonable as in not needing half a million plat for just one large scale. 100k platinum for one scale would be a reasonable price for a large devil scale in my opinion).

So what does this tell you? Sell some Chains and Arrowheads and Shrapnel on the AH while you can get a premium price for them.

Are you on a newer server? Because on Sarlona there are all large ingreds.

Ziindarax
12-29-2010, 06:24 PM
QFT
I never understand why people don't just use the AH. . .I make a fair amount of my money selling small and med ingreds, as well as a few larges now and then.

So what does this tell you? Sell some Chains and Arrowheads and Shrapnel on the AH while you can get a premium price for them.

Are you on a newer server? Because on Sarlona there are all large ingreds.

I am on Orien, the newest (and also sometimes, the greediest) of the servers.