PDA

View Full Version : epic souleater

Irongutz2000
12-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Was so happy making it. So i hit everything i could with it lol. It worked in the shroud fine, i even grined with everynew suol i had:) ...ran a normal TOD an all i seen was saves :(

IMO if its an epic trap the soul things shouldn't save in normal content....please address this an raise the DC or make it no save :)

Ghoste
12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Was so happy making it. So i hit everything i could with it lol. It worked in the shroud fine, i even grined with everynew suol i had:) ...ran a normal TOD an all i seen was saves :(

IMO if its an epic trap the soul things shouldn't save in normal content....please address this an raise the DC or make it no save :)
/signed for no saves on the condition that they give it to most monsters in epic quests.

EyeRekon
01-20-2011, 02:16 PM
ToD, in Shavarath, has the persistent GH effect boosting the mobs saves by +4 as well. It is just harder to land there.

sirgog
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
ToD, in Shavarath, has the persistent GH effect boosting the mobs saves by +4 as well. It is just harder to land there.

Everything is harder to land there.

h4x0r1f1c
01-20-2011, 06:28 PM

When you jump off the side you can't even land there.

Gotta' take that stupid portal. It would be cool if FF worked.

articwarrior
01-20-2011, 07:46 PM

even Stainers greenis

LeLoric
01-20-2011, 07:51 PM

This. you'll probably have better results in epic as the saves for will tend to be lower. It's much harder to land mass holds in elite amrath then epic content.

That being said the effect is labeled as epic trap the soul. The release notes said it would have a higher hd cap but neither version of TTS have a HD cap. In all reality it appears that Trap the soul and Epic trap the soul are essentially identical. There may be a slight dc increase but nothing particularly noticeable.

wiglin
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM
The idea was that the new epic version would be better than it was before according to the dev response a couple months ago. The staff itself is a good staff against everything that takes negative damage. Once it gets slotted for good it a good staff as far as you can get for staff dps, but the epic trap the soul is hardly from epic. The save is horrible and far from being epic.