PDA

View Full Version : Remove Certain DDO Store Items

h4x0r1f1c
12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Chocolate Covered Humbug
This holiday 'treat' gives you a stoic heart in the face of excessive holiday cheer and also protects you from Otto's dancing spells as well as command and hold spells for 10 minutes. This effect is Lasting and lasts through death and rests and cannot be dispelled. 1 use.

I don't see any Slayer Arrow or stat damage immunity items that I can buy!

Armor Appearance Kit Remover
No need for this, y'all should let us remove them free of charge since we paid for them.

If I buy a pretty pink bow for my hair I have the ability to remove it without buying some special kit.

dunklezhan
12-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I agree with one, and lol at the other.

Gnn.... contradictory impulses.... can't decide... gah.... hrrrkk..... argh! Can't decide! Can't decide brain aneurysm!

*thud*

Missing_Minds
12-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Even Scrooge died.

As for the cosmetics.... I can see both ways there, but tell me. When you get your car re painted and decide you don't like it any more, what do you do then?

stille_nacht
12-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I agree with one, and lol at the other.

Gnn.... contradictory impulses.... can't decide... gah.... hrrrkk..... argh! Can't decide! Can't decide brain aneurysm!

*thud*

xD +1 to you, as usual one is a pointless pvp one, but the other i agree with

gabriul
12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
You can turn the armor kit appearance on and off. You can apply new armor kits without removing the first one. Does the armor kit remover remove the BtC too? Cause that's the only reason I see to ever use one.

TheDearLeader
12-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Even Scrooge died.

As for the cosmetics.... I can see both ways there, but tell me. When you get your car re painted and decide you don't like it any more, what do you do then?

My car is a real-life object, and not digital. Not does my real-life car remember what it looked like prior to me applying its new paint.

If I save a copy of a Term paper, then start writing on a second copy, and don't like where I'm going with it? I scrap the new copy, and go back to the old one. A much better analogy for what we're dealing with, digitally.

Also, considering how much these kits cost per suit of armor/outfit they "dye", I would hope removal would be an implied cost. I've bought *one*, and that'll probably be it for a long, long while.

k1ngp1n
12-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Hmm...

My weakening of enfeebling bow needs some playtime. This might just be the ticket. Thanks for the heads up bud!

Khimberlhyte
12-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Would this thread be a good place to petition for a new store item?

Arcane Eraser Arrow

This bundle of arrows is designed to slay wizards and sorcerors. The ammunition is 100% returning, and grants the following proficiencies: Greater Arcane Slaying, Manyshot, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Bow Strength, Improved Critical: Piercing
It also offers Spell Absorption in public areas such as taverns and PvP arenas (recharges: 50 charges per day)

Upon each death caused by this arrow, one of the targeted wizards forum posts will be randomly deleted.

Talltale-Storyteller
12-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Ok, everybody is focusing on the fact that its H4x, and its PVP but lets actually look at what he said...

Chocolate Covered Humbug
This holiday 'treat' gives you a stoic heart in the face of excessive holiday cheer and also protects you from Otto's dancing spells as well as command and hold spells for 10 minutes. This effect is Lasting and lasts through death and rests and cannot be dispelled. 1 use.

This effect can not be obtained through any means in normal gameplay iirc. Only available from the DDO store.

The Host forbid if the foul creatures of Eberron get a hold of these! It would take an all-star broadway musical showcased by level 20 Virtuoso's to get them to dance again!

Armor Appearance Kit Remover
No need for this, y'all should let us remove them free of charge since we paid for them.

If I buy a pretty pink bow for my hair I have the ability to remove it without buying some special kit.

This is actually just pretty straightforward.

Illiain
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Chocolate Covered Humbug

I don't see any Slayer Arrow or stat damage immunity items that I can buy!

You're doing it wrong. You must embrace the Tao of the FOTM. Become that which you hate the most. Use their Slayer Arrows against them. Only when they start to complain will there be change.

NinjaCereal
12-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I was wondering when the first part of the suggestion was gonna show up...

As for the second, yeah that's kinda of annoying.

Luchaire
12-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Does the armor kit remover remove the BtC too? Cause that's the only reason I see to ever use one.

Yes, it does. I've tested it and removing the cosmetic kit removes the BtA.