PDA

View Full Version : Power Attack Enhancements for all races . . .

grodon9999
12-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Why not? And don't give me and "game balance" nonsense because the introduction of Half-Orcs have thrown that entire concept out the window.

Quarterling
12-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Sorry, but I have to /not sign this.

While it would be nice and would fit with some other enhancement examples (like how everybody get racial toughness), I can't exactly see a halfling or half-elf getting power attack as a racial. :)

grodon9999
12-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry, but I have to /not sign this.

While it would be nice and would fit with some other enhancement examples (like how everybody get racial toughness), I can't exactly see a halfling or half-elf getting power attack as a racial. :)

Maybe, but humans and dorfs?

Spiderwight
12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
To keep the races distinct? It'd be pretty dull if every race had the same options available.

Baahb3
12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I would say no because enhancements are suppose to reflect what specialties the race reflects. Not all races are built or known for their power.

Elves/Drow and Halflings in particular are not described necessarily as 'power' races. It would make more sense to give these races an enhancement line to boost their Combat Expertise instead of Power Attack.

As for Humans and Dwarves, yes certain tribes/clans are more akin to being reckless and 'powerful' but for a race as a whole, no.

I agree with you about the Half-Orcs being a bit over the top with all their damage boosting enhancements but really what else is the orc race known for? And IMO they don't make a very good, well anything, but a beefy melee combatant.

Quarterling
12-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Maybe, but humans and dorfs?

Humans and dwarfs I could see gaining power attack. IIRC, aren't the only races who get the PA enhancement line half-orc and warforged (correct me if I'm wrong)?

rexservorum
12-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Certainly not the same PA enhancements for all races. Otherwise why not just do away with them and change Power Attack itself to +8/-8?

I could *maybe* see extending it to other races in the form of a varying amount of available tiers. Kind of like how Racial Toughness is done now. But as someone said, racial enhancements are there to accentuate the differences between races.