PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Points Sale? Why nothing?

SirShen
12-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Why have we not had a points sale this christmas, we got one last year?

Something like $100 for 15000 points would be nice.

blitzschlag
12-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Why have we not had a points sale this christmas, we got one last year?

Something like $100 for 15000 points would be nice.

its not too late for a announcement. its not christmas yet (at least not here)...

Ashbinder
12-20-2010, 06:25 AM
There is a points sale, in the form of a VIP subscription.

Astraghal
12-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Dear Turbine,

I am waiting for points to go on special so that I can spend $50.00 at your store.

Please give me some incentive to give you my money.

I'm not going to spend money on points until they go on special, because things like reincarnations, +2 exceptional tomes and storage options are far too expensive for what they are.

Just think what $50 US dollars can buy you in the world and compare it to changing some pixels in a game for perspective.

Thanks.

bryanmeerkat
12-20-2010, 06:58 AM
I think maybe this year they have gone the route of halfing the price of loads of stuff on a one day basis . Making your points go twice as far .

little_me
12-21-2010, 01:52 PM
except of course one drawback. to get them to go twice as far, opposed to getting double the points for same price you don't get to choose when to spend them. you either spend them NOW or.. well.. no good deal.

which to me, makes points bundles to seem more tempting, no offense, sales are nice but a lot of what is sold for cheap, isn't for me.

madmaxhunter
12-21-2010, 01:59 PM
except of course one drawback. to get them to go twice as far, opposed to getting double the points for same price you don't get to choose when to spend them. you either spend them NOW or.. well.. no good deal.

which to me, makes points bundles to seem more tempting, no offense, sales are nice but a lot of what is sold for cheap, isn't for me.

From a sales aspect that's a great deal. You can sell a few gift cards or you can put the 52" plasma TV on sale Half Price! One Day Only. I guarantee people will flock to that TV sale. At least until they find out it's a bait and switch (darn).

EyeRekon
12-21-2010, 02:09 PM
The pattern I've noticed is that Turbine puts TPs on sale prior to a major set of DDO Store sales. So when you see a TP sale, chances are some big deals are coming later on and you'll want a reserve of TPs for it. We saw the super bundle sale a few weeks ago and sure enough lots of stuff are 20% off and some things are 50% off.

If they have a sale on TPs at the same time as DDO Store sales event, the effective discount can be significantly larger than the published discount. You can still achieve that if you take advantage of both sales even when they are 1-3 weeks apart.

I do, however, expect them to have an unprecedentedly large TP sale again before the end of the year. Simply because many of us players need somewhere to put our gift money and probably have some free time to play DDO.

Bozone
12-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm hoping for a points sale too.

I already have almost all of the adventure packs, so there haven't been many things for me to buy - and the few things I bought depleted my turbine points, so I will have to pass up any good deals that come up next week unless there's a point sale.

SirShen
12-22-2010, 04:47 AM
I'm hoping for a points sale too.

I already have almost all of the adventure packs, so there haven't been many things for me to buy - and the few things I bought depleted my turbine points, so I will have to pass up any good deals that come up next week unless there's a point sale.

Its looking like there will be nothing on points sale. Its what others have stated its all about the VIP 3 month deal and 50% off, this is all well and good if 1. You want to be VIP and 2. YOU have the points in the first place to buy the 50% off items. O well mybe a new year points sale. Heres hoping.

EustaceTrevelyan
12-22-2010, 05:11 AM
From a sales aspect that's a great deal. You can sell a few gift cards or you can put the 52" plasma TV on sale Half Price! One Day Only. I guarantee people will flock to that TV sale. At least until they find out it's a bait and switch (darn).

Prolly against tos to badmouth a specific chain, but they begin with "B," and I don't shop them at all, ever, for that reason alone. Hit the "W" place on Black Friday, and they actually HAD the stuff they advertised, large bins full of them.

But don't rule out a limited time TP buy. They're not mutually exclusive. (hint, hint;))

flynnjsw
12-22-2010, 06:05 AM
You do realize that there is 3 more days until Christmas and 10 more until the end of the year right? Not saying there will be one for sure, but complainign about one not being here when neither have passed is kind of silly.

SirShen
12-22-2010, 01:39 PM
You do realize that there is 3 more days until Christmas and 10 more until the end of the year right? Not saying there will be one for sure, but complainign about one not being here when neither have passed is kind of silly.

Do you ever say anything nice or do you find joy in calling people silly or moan about them complaining??? Happy christmas too you.

I did this post to make Turbine aware that some of us would like a points sale. Also xmas is just not one day. Its up to them if they have one or not. No loss to me but a loss to them.

dogpig00
12-22-2010, 02:17 PM
apparently, there is no point sale this holiday.

http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

flynnjsw
12-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Do you ever say anything nice or do you find joy in calling people silly or moan about them complaining??? Happy christmas too you.

I did this post to make Turbine aware that some of us would like a points sale. Also xmas is just not one day. Its up to them if they have one or not. No loss to me but a loss to them.

I just call it like I see it. Call that whatever you would like.

Also, as to the comment highlighted in Red, Christmas is December 25th. I guess I am not nice for pointing that out either.

Astraghal
12-22-2010, 03:25 PM
apparently, there is no point sale this holiday.

http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

Well that's $50.00 less that Turbine will make this month off me.

SirShen
12-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I just call it like I see it. Call that whatever you would like.

Also, as to the comment highlighted in Red, Christmas is December 25th. I guess I am not nice for pointing that out either.

Thats just christmas day not the christmas season (or holiday season) and you are very good at being smug.
You even state that in your first post that the season is not over yet, now you are saying it just one day. MAKE UP your mind.

h4x0r1f1c
12-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Same. Waiting to drop $50 on a points sale, I've saved up.

I missed the one going on around Thanksgiving or w/e that was.

Chazzie
12-22-2010, 04:32 PM
I wrote a letter to Santa asking for DDO Store Points :) & Ive been a good Dwarf this year :)

Ridag
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Same here, no point sale means I wait to buy points again. I'll just get my wife another christmas gift, she'll appreciate that! =)

I will be taking advantage of the $ 9.99 subscription though...

SirShen
12-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Thank You Turbine - http://www.ddo.com/ddostorepointpromo

Astraghal
12-23-2010, 09:22 AM
I take it back, it looks like Turbine will be getting my $50.00 this month after all. :)

hets
12-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Yay, there goes another 50$

Also:

6900 Turbine Points for $49.99 = 138 Turbine Points per dollar

3180 Turbine Points for $29.50 = 107 Turbine Points per dollar

1900 Turbine Points for $19.50 = 97 Turbine Points per dollar

440 Turbine Points for $6.50 = 57 Turbine Points per dollar

flynnjsw
12-23-2010, 11:13 AM

Thats just christmas day not the christmas season (or holiday season) and you are very good at being smug.
You even state that in your first post that the season is not over yet, now you are saying it just one day. MAKE UP your mind.

Not to show you a mirror or anything, but read your own words.

Thank You Turbine - http://www.ddo.com/ddostorepointpromo

Color me shocked and amazed. Looks like people were complaining for nothing...again.

Bozone
12-23-2010, 12:05 PM

Hmm...Hope I didn't sound like I was complaining. I was just agreeing that I was hoping for a sale. I actually expected that there would be a point sale, as I don't think there's been a major (or even semi-important) holiday or event without a point sale for a long time. But I wasn't sure since there was a point sale fairly recently.

Moot point now...enjoy the sale everyone.

SirShen
12-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Not to show you a mirror or anything, but read your own words.

Color me shocked and amazed. Looks like people were complaining for nothing...again.

YOU know mybe just mybe this thread had something todo with the sale. I.E. letting Turbine know that a few of us were going to spend money if there was a sale - it had nothing todo with moaning.

Darkrok
12-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I lost this round...

My kids both wanted Vet status so I bought the $50 pack for their Christmas presents.

On Tuesday.

You win this round Turbine! :)

jjflanigan
12-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I lost this round...

My kids both wanted Vet status so I bought the $50 pack for their Christmas presents.

On Tuesday.

You win this round Turbine! :)

+1 for being good natured and pleasant! :D

Darkrok
12-23-2010, 02:50 PM
+1 for being good natured and pleasant! :D

Hey, I still got things on sale...I just got the equivalent of about 5500 points of value (half off on the vet status) instead of getting the 6900 I could have gotten if I'd waited. It's no different from walking into the 25% off sale at the store, buying something you like, and then seeing it drop to 35% off the next day. And I really can't complain about all these 50% off sales...both of their accounts are going to be decked out between those 5k points and all the sales going on!

Now I just need to start farming IQ to make some cash to pay for all the stuff they're going to want me to buy in-game for all these new half orcs and half elves they want me to roll up for them. :P