PDA

View Full Version : Grouping Tutorial Dungeon

Malveon
12-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I propose the placement of a solo dungeon in Stormreach Harbor which groups the characters with npc toons much like the starter dungeon on the island, but which drills group mechanics and cooperative gameplay with progressive quest goals such as "Wait until everyone arrives"and "Huddle for buffs".It should include illuminated ranges for the clerics' heals in combat, letting the rogue play crossing guard in the trap filled halls, having to carry soulstones to a shrine (from humorous npc deaths scripted in to create an example of things not to do.), with a random % drop of a useful lvl 4 or lower item to insure repetition.While there are lots of things I'd like to play as game content, something like this would probably benefit the entire community of players in a better way, making pugs more successful and reducing overall death counts.

markusthelion
12-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I'd support this.

Also imo, the guilds that people join should be teaching these players something as well. There are guilds that don't teach their new players squat and thats why when they get to Shroud (although I have no earthly idea how they get flagged) they still don't know how to embrace 'group' play.

Gustel
12-18-2010, 09:24 AM
/signed
/signed
/signed

What can i say, i have nightmares
EDIT: it wont help tho *sight*

Missing_Minds
12-18-2010, 09:27 AM
It won't help... but you know, I honestly do like the sound of it.

But it WILL need voice acting for each character.

Gustel
12-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Also imo, the guilds that people join should be teaching these players something as well. There are guilds that don't teach their new players squat and thats why when they get to Shroud (although I have no earthly idea how they get flagged) they still don't know how to embrace 'group' play.

actually when i was wawering if i wanna delete my first rouge, i check my guild chat where i c ppl giving advice not too build more then 10con on a build, that was the final nail in lil rouges coffin

EDIT:they where debating on rouges

Lord_Legolas
12-18-2010, 09:39 AM
+1!
I do like the idea too!:) Although the scripting would be enormous, it is possible - but probably very difficult. I like the 'range' things too! Especially since it's probably hard to judge 'distance' - especially if your new to the game.

Maybe solo quest type would be easier because I'm thinking: "I'm a Battle Cleric! I don't buff!" or "I'm an Assassian! I don't do traps!" or something along those lines you find more often in Pugs now-a-days than before...

xanvar
12-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I support this only if there is a mix of group voice chat and group dialog text chat. Make the cleric forget to heal unless someone drops below 20% hp and give the fighter types masterwork armor and weapons. Make it a true PUG experiance and have a character randomly go AFK for BIO.

markusthelion
12-18-2010, 09:42 AM
actually when i was wawering if i wanna delete my first rouge, i check my guild chat where i c ppl giving advice not too build more then 10con on a build, that was the final nail in lil rouges coffin

EDIT:they where debating on rouges

You want MORE than 10 CON on ANY toon ;) Leave that guild my friend, because that is horrible advice.

Lord_Legolas
12-18-2010, 09:50 AM
I support this only if there is a mix of group voice chat and group dialog text chat. Make the cleric forget to heal unless someone drops below 20% hp and give the fighter types masterwork armor and weapons. Make it a true PUG experiance and have a character randomly go AFK for BIO.

LOL! But they get the true pug experiance already - if they group on Korthos.

Gorbadoc
12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
LOL! But they get the true pug experiance already - if they group on Korthos.

Yeah, and I think that's the point of Dark Side Korthos-- lump all the brand-spanking newbs together, so they can teach each other. It's a smart piece of social engineering. Psychological research tells us that people learn better when they teach, and that people are more engaged when they feel responsible for someone.

There are still things which new players must know which they are not learning. I'd love for there to be a quest that teaches range and radius of Cure spells and other effects-- good idea, Malv. Also, I think blind invites might be accepted on Dark Side Korthos, because half the people don't know any better. A guide to basic etiquette would be nice, similar to Lockania's Dragonmark quest.