PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Tome sale question

rabrams99
12-17-2010, 07:48 AM
I want to buy a couple of supreme tomes for characters I wish to TR in the near future. However, I can not buy them because the store wont let me due to me already purchasing and using one in the past.

1. IS there a way around this?
2. If i buy it on another toon is it account bound so i can use it on the toon i want?

Khurse
12-17-2010, 07:51 AM
They are (or I should say they were, who knows after U8..) bound to account.
So you can buy them on another toon then transfer them.

rabrams99
12-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I thought so. Has anyone direct knowledge of this?

Smitey
12-17-2010, 08:09 AM
You'll need the shared bank to make any bount to account store item available to an alt but it is possible to buy one on a newly rolled character that skips korthos; add to shared bank in harbour then delete character; create a new character;buy from store; run to harbour bank; delete etc

verycretin
12-17-2010, 08:09 AM
But I have had to either roll up a new character (given an available character slot) or signed in with a lowbie toon who has not yet purchased one a +2 supreme tome. (note PURCHASED, not USED)

I could then purchase and pass the tome through the shared bank.

The only drawback to purchasing one on a lowbie that you think you might want to keep (but aren't currently leveling) is when it comes that characters time to 'eat' that tome, you'll have to buy it on a different character that has not already purchased one.

I really wish they'd remove the purchase limit, especially with TR'ing being available.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-17-2010, 08:12 AM
But I have had to either roll up a new character (given an available character slot) or signed in with a lowbie toon who has not yet purchased one a +2 supreme tome. (note PURCHASED, not USED)

I could then purchase and pass the tome through the shared bank.

The only drawback to purchasing one on a lowbie that you think you might want to keep (but aren't currently leveling) is when it comes that characters time to 'eat' that tome, you'll have to buy it on a different character that has not already purchased one.

I really wish they'd remove the purchase limit, especially with TR'ing being available.

I believe you have to be L7 before they will let you buy a +2 tome in the store

MartinusWyllt
12-17-2010, 08:30 AM
You can buy it before you can use it...I just did this with a level 4 toon.

The description says it is BTA, so shared bank transfer, as outlined before should work just fine.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-17-2010, 08:31 AM
I beleieve previously I had to select Show all items:Yes option but didn't need to do that this time.

Ah good they fixed it. The last time +2 tomes were on sale I tried to buy some on the mule and couldn't.

rabrams99
12-17-2010, 08:33 AM
thanks

Smitey
12-17-2010, 08:33 AM
I believe you have to be L7 before they will let you buy a +2 tome in the store

Nope:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/vinny35/DDO%20misc/ScreenShot00077-1.jpg

I believe previously I had to select Show all items:Yes option but didn't need to do that this time.

SirGideon
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Why wouldn't you just wait till your TR hit 7 and buy the supreme tome rather than find some crazy scheme way to buy it with an alt before you TR?

Because they are currently 50% off today only

t0r012
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
duh yeah
forget what this one said

Zeruell
12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Nope:

*image*

I believe previously I had to select Show all items:Yes option but didn't need to do that this time.

This is entirely up to you, but you may want to edit out your account name in that screenshot.

Smitey
12-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Cheers Zeruell,

Didn't notice it in the ss and posted in a rush - got a PM telling me about it too.