PDA

View Full Version : Let guild members pass out extra recruit sigils?

lee8oi
12-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Heres whats happening. When members in our guild are inactive too long we send them a mail invite with a friendly little 'you were gone but come back soon' kinda message, then I expel them. Regularly I get return mail when some of the messages expire or the accounts get deleted...somehow or another. So I have to detach the sigil from the message because I can't delete the message unless I do. Now I have all these extra sigils. When I click one it says to mail it to a prospect, but when I attach one to a mail and try to send it I get 'this item cannot be mailed'. I was kinda hoping I could pass the extra sigils out to the guild members so they can share them and help us recruit without having to be officers. But if these things are binding on aquire what am I supposed to do with them? Hate to waste em if they can be put to good use. is there any way at all to send members extra sigils to share?

flynnjsw
12-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Heres whats happening. When members in our guild are inactive too long we send them a mail invite with a friendly little 'you were gone but come back soon' kinda message, then I expel them. Regularly I get return mail when some of the messages expire or the accounts get deleted...somehow or another. So I have to detach the sigil from the message because I can't delete the message unless I do. Now I have all these extra sigils. When I click one it says to mail it to a prospect, but when I attach one to a mail and try to send it I get 'this item cannot be mailed'. I was kinda hoping I could pass the extra sigils out to the guild members so they can share them and help us recruit without having to be officers. But if these things are binding on aquire what am I supposed to do with them? Hate to waste em if they can be put to good use. is there any way at all to send members extra sigils to share?

The only thing I can think of is that its not letting you mail them because they are already in the guild.

chrisgina39
12-17-2010, 04:09 AM
if u could do that i would give out a ton of sigs to a exclusive guild 2 random low lvls:P
/signed

lee8oi
01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Well...I'd be ok with just being able to mail them. I mean hell...even as it is I can shoot off a bunch of recruit mails to whoever I want so there goes the spam excuse out the window. What's the harm in passing sigils around? What problem are we really solving by having the sigils automatically bound to character? I mean honestly if we had a rank that could recruit for the guild but not expel players this whole thread would be rendered pointless. Thats even another peave of mine. How we have the commands to create and change ranks but they don't work. Whats the problem there? This is an amazing game but all the little flaws like this are starting to add up. Sounds like things are becoming less thought out, and more geared towards eye candy and pay to use features. I really hope greed and carelessness don't ruin this game. I'd hate to watch the downfall of DDO.

justagame
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Well...I'd be ok with just being able to mail them. I mean hell...even as it is I can shoot off a bunch of recruit mails to whoever I want so there goes the spam excuse out the window. What's the harm in passing sigils around? What problem are we really solving by having the sigils automatically bound to character? I mean honestly if we had a rank that could recruit for the guild but not expel players this whole thread would be rendered pointless. Thats even another peave of mine. How we have the commands to create and change ranks but they don't work. Whats the problem there? This is an amazing game but all the little flaws like this are starting to add up. Sounds like things are becoming less thought out, and more geared towards eye candy and pay to use features. I really hope greed and carelessness don't ruin this game. I'd hate to watch the downfall of DDO.

This has been discussed before, but IMO not having a rank that can recruit, but not expel, is a good thing, not an oversight or flaw. We have enough indiscriminate guild recruiting blasts going on, we don't need to augment that any further.

Either you trust someone with guild membership decisions, or you don't. Why would you want someone who you don't trust with membership decisions running around doling out random invites?

Malison
01-05-2011, 12:27 PM
What problem are we really solving by having the sigils automatically bound to character?

The only thing that comes to mind is you send a sigil to playerB, who hands it off to playerC. PlayerC is a sociopath, who joins the guild, raids your chest, and drops guild before anyone can figure out how he got invited in the first place.

lee8oi
01-05-2011, 07:02 PM
All good points. Mail invites are fine. I still think it would be nice to be able to rename ranks n stuff at least but I guess thats a problem too....Some people really know how to exploit and ruin things for others.