PDA

View Full Version : XP Elixirs No Longer Castable... Question..

Lutebasher
12-16-2010, 10:50 AM
I bought a batch of these based on the Ability to Cast them on Myself (a separate account) and Friends ingame.

As these are now Unfit for Purpose and cost quite a lot of TPs how do I go about getting a Refund please?

Thanks.

If there is a more Suitable Forum for this Query please advise. Thanks.

Smitey
12-17-2010, 03:52 AM
They are still fit for purpose Lutebasher.

The change was to protect players from accidentally drinking the potion but applying the effect to others:

Characters will no longer accidentally apply their xp boosts or jewels of fortune to another character if they had them selected while drinking the exilir or jewel

You now merely need to put them in your toolbar and target the player, exactly as stated on the item:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/vinny35/DDO%20misc/ScreenShot00076.jpg

chrisgina39
12-17-2010, 04:02 AM
yep what he said btw based valueO_o

Kungfutse
12-17-2010, 05:04 AM
Casting XP potions from quick bar to friends doesn't work. Wasted 2 six hour +20% potions last night trying to do it. So yes they are currently broken and do not work as advertised.

J1NG
12-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Can confirm what Kunfutse said, tried using them on my TR partner and only fired on myself.

Don't read the description, try using it. It doesn't work on others.

J1NG

Smitey
12-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Have you bug reported this Kungfutse/J1NG ?

I can test in 6 hours time but don't really need to based on both your confirmations.

Kungfutse
12-17-2010, 05:49 AM

I can test in 6 hours time but don't really need to based on both your confirmations.

Yes, I've filed a bug report on the issue.

flynnjsw
12-17-2010, 05:57 AM
One thing I can tell you is that the forums aren't the place to go to get refunds. You will be told to fill out a support ticket.

DDO Support Page / DDO Knowledge Base / Account Support / Tech Support / Community Support / In-Game Support / Premium Services
.. can now all be found HERE: http://www.turbine.com/support

Account Management Phone Support: (781) 407-4020
Monday - Friday from 12:00 noon - 8:45 pm

Spookyaction
12-17-2010, 06:17 AM

I wonder what you think bug reporting the issue is going to do ?

ArloOne
12-17-2010, 06:21 AM
for one thing...bug reporting helps Turbine find out issues in the game currently effecting there customers. They aren't perfect and problems do slip[ by. So, the first thing to do would be to report a bug. Regarding getting a refund for the loss of an item "not working as written" well..thats a tough one. In general Turbine will do what they can to make the customer happy, but usually not on a one on one basis. I would be curious to see how this particular case is handled.

Zenako
12-17-2010, 07:28 AM
for one thing...bug reporting helps Turbine find out issues in the game currently effecting there customers. They aren't perfect and problems do slip[ by. So, the first thing to do would be to report a bug. Regarding getting a refund for the loss of an item "not working as written" well..thats a tough one. In general Turbine will do what they can to make the customer happy, but usually not on a one on one basis. I would be curious to see how this particular case is handled.

Actually I have found them to be helpful on issues like this more often than not. When there is a clear error (and not just someone failing to read) and item info can be tracked it happens. Store purchases are relatively easy to track. So if the pots are truely not working as described, then you do have a case.

Smitey
12-17-2010, 07:38 AM
I wonder what you think bug reporting the issue is going to do ?

Well this fix in Update 8:

A below-deck hookpoint on Stormglory Bolt airships has been moved so that mailboxes can be placed on it properly

Was something I bug-reported a month ago as low priority. Not a massive issue, but one I know came directly out of my (and probably others) filling out the form with enough details for the QA team to investigate and for the devs to fix.

Sending the accounts team an email http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=24001&task=ticket stating the store item was faulty also resulted in a refund for me for this particular issue.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Casting XP potions from quick bar to friends doesn't work. Wasted 2 six hour +20% potions last night trying to do it. So yes they are currently broken and do not work as advertised.

They aren't broken, they function was modified, as was advertised to you in the release notes which you obviously chose not to read.

The in game description needs an update (what's new, that's often behind with Turbine)

J1NG
12-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Actually, the notes simply say you will no longer accidently utilise them on another person. Not that you can't. In fact, the wording used, to me suggests that you will now be prompted before it fires, much like Guest Passes.

Clearly this isn't the case, and needs to be addressed somehow, however, only Turbine can properly address this. Since we the users have no idea what Turbine intended for this change to properly be.

Works as is now? In which case, xp Potion needs description change. Rewording of Release Notes also required.

Not working as intended. In which case, things need to be addressed coding side.

J1NG

zenbrillig
12-17-2010, 12:42 PM
I have a suspicion that this may be intentional, not a bug. I heard that people were creating new accounts for the 250TP bonus, then buying XP pots to cast on their main account/others - obviously not what Turbine had in mind with their promotion.

Rumbaar
12-17-2010, 05:03 PM
I have a suspicion that this may be intentional, not a bug. I heard that people were creating new accounts for the 250TP bonus, then buying XP pots to cast on their main account/others - obviously not what Turbine had in mind with their promotion.

What 250TP bonus?

Also if the in game description is wrong, then any external release notes are of no use. Specially when by their own admission, only a very small portion of active accounts visit the forums and site. Also data should be available and correct in game.

I see master marketing dude can lock a thread, but not bother to comment in here.

zenbrillig
12-17-2010, 05:15 PM
This 250 TP bonus:

https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php?utm_source=ddo_com_dlpage

Lutebasher
12-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks for Replies. I will contact Support later.. Little busy RL just now.

Dramatic Change of Use like this (Minus correct Warning pre Change) looks like an Error to me. Hopefully to be corrected or explained.

All the best!:)

Lutebasher
12-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Well I have contacted Support... So will keep Posted on any Development. I included Release Note quote as follows -

"Characters will no longer accidentally apply their xp boosts or jewels of fortune to another character if they had them selected while drinking the exilir or jewel."

All the best:)

Rumbaar
12-19-2010, 03:59 AM
This 250 TP bonus:

https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php?utm_source=ddo_com_dlpageOh thank you.

I guess more alts for my single person guild, as the inactive timer is a pain now.

Backley
12-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Anyone know for sure of this affected Loot Gems?

Backley
12-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Someone mentioned (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3494612&postcount=19) that the description says they need to be in your party, not just targeted. Can anyone confirm if the player you tried to use it on was in your party at the time?

Backley
12-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Smitey answered in the other thread:

I tested against a friend in a 2-person party in a public area and it did not function on them, but instead me, even with them targetted.

I raised a bug report, providing a video clip and it's with QA.
Thanks for the info.

Backley
12-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Won a "Secret Door Divining Twig" in the lottery, noticed that it lists the same "to cast on a party member..." wording, so I tried it on a party member instead of just trashing it.

Same effect as the XP Elixir: casts on self, not on targeted party member when used from a hot bar.

Bug reported.

TessRavenscroft
12-31-2010, 05:29 AM
Encountered this problem with Lesser Experience Elixirs tonight. Myself and three guildmates were going to run a couple of quests in the Vale to help one of them level before he logged off tonight. After we zoned into the Vale from Meridia, I targeted him (by clicking his name on the party member list) and then clicked on the Elixir from my hotbar. I received the effect rather than him, which was rather pointless since I had just used one on myself a few seconds earlier. Time doesn't stack. :D

I double-checked everything, including the instructions in the item description, and tried again. Still the same result.

I put in a ticket with Account Support (a freaking nightmare in that multi-framed, un-resizeable window where you can only view 10% of the form at a time). Hopefully they will make it good.

TessRavenscroft
01-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Well, I received a kindly worded reply today telling me that, they were sorry for my experience but that they were able to confirm that the item description did not say that it could be cast on other players, I should read item descriptions carefully be purchasing, purchases are non-refundable, etc.

I took a screen shot of the item description describing how to properly cast it on another player and send it back to support. Hopefully they will actually pay attention this time.

cdbd3rd
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, I received a kindly worded reply today telling me that, they were sorry for my experience but that they were able to confirm that the item description did not say that it could be cast on other players, I should read item descriptions carefully be purchasing, purchases are non-refundable, etc.

I took a screen shot of the item description describing how to properly cast it on another player and send it back to support. Hopefully they will actually pay attention this time.

I haven't been keeping up with recent staff changes, but maybe forwarding that to whoever is Senior GM now would get some remedial training for whichever GM/CS sent you that reply.

Don't put it up here, I think quoting GMs on forum is a no-no.

TessRavenscroft
01-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Well, I got a rather speedy reply to my email with the screen shot. Turbine's position is that the in-store description for these elixirs never stated that they could be cast on other players, and therefore they were not sold as such. The fact that the in-game description states otherwise is apparently a bug they are working to resolve. Long and short: no customers with this issue are receiving refunds/credits/replacement items, etc.

Doesn't really explain why they used to work and now they don't, but at least there's an answer for those who were wondering.

Ashbinder
01-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Heh, a big "F you". Why am I not surprised at this outcome?

TessRavenscroft
01-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't think it's an "F you" so much as a programming didn't know what marketing really wanted. :D Wound up with an item that does more than it's supposed to. But who knows. Honestly, if I could use more store items on my friends, I'd be buying a lot more.

Montrose
01-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, I got a rather speedy reply to my email with the screen shot. Turbine's position is that the in-store description for these elixirs never stated that they could be cast on other players, and therefore they were not sold as such. The fact that the in-game description states otherwise is apparently a bug they are working to resolve. Long and short: no customers with this issue are receiving refunds/credits/replacement items, etc.

Doesn't really explain why they used to work and now they don't, but at least there's an answer for those who were wondering.

Hmmm, honestly I find that to be a pretty poor response.

I also think they should implement some kind of safeguard against accidentally overwriting a pot with a large timer remaining. I.E. if you have 2 minutes or more remaining on an exp pot, and you drink another pot of equal value, you should get a confirmation prompt.

("You have more than 2 minutes of time remaining on your exp pot. Drinking this new pot will reset your timer to X hours. The remaining time on your current pot will be lost. Do you wish to continue?")

Vordax
01-08-2011, 12:49 AM

People were also advertising to use these on other players for plat. Effectively buying plat for real money. Something Turbine doesn't like.

Vordax

TessRavenscroft
01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
"Characters will no longer accidentally apply their xp boosts or jewels of fortune to another character if they had them selected while drinking the exilir or jewel."

I sent the above quote from the Update 8 Release Notes in reply and asked to what that line referred if not the xp pots from the store, and if it referred to some other pots, where can they be found or bought.

Turbine replied that there are currently no pots castable on other players available.

I will say that, once they processed my initial support request, their follow-ups to my further questions have been very fast. Even got a response today, Saturday. So, while I may not be entirely pleased with the answer, I am relieved to see they at least have the staff to handle their support requests in a timely fashion.

Crazyfruit
01-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Anyone know for sure of this affected Loot Gems?

I had one used on me by another person yesterday. We were in an already completed dungeon at the time