PDA

View Full Version : A little less medusa plz

Gum
12-14-2010, 10:16 PM
The new medusa themed loading screen looks pretty nice, but do we really need to see her three times from launching DDO, to the main welcome screen, and then to the final loading/splash screen? Just seems like an overkill in my opinion, and needs to be mixed up a bit with other graphics.

MrCow
12-14-2010, 10:56 PM
You can change most of the splash screens yourself if you wish (DDO folder/raw/en/logo). Personally, I use a small collection of concept art (http://rageclash.net/rageclash/logo.zip) for mine.

phalaeo
12-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I think certain parts of her costuming are reminiscent of really flat cinnamon buns. Which makes me lol.

Noctus
12-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Everything is better than the Hostile Hobo from before!

ddobard1
12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
The previous screen was nice. Not about hostility, but about determination to cope with Eberron's Evil!

Kinerd
12-15-2010, 08:30 PM
She could at least strike some different poses.

Ovrad
12-16-2010, 02:22 AM
The new medusa themed loading screen looks pretty nice, but do we really need to see her four times from launching DDO, to the main welcome screen, and then to the final loading/splash screen? Just seems like an overkill in my opinion, and needs to be mixed up a bit with other graphics.

-The launcher loading panel
-The launcher itself
-The Splash screen
-The main loading screen

...and not counting the random loading screen as well.

Yes the art is very nice, props on that, but overkill is overkill.

TEcarson
12-16-2010, 02:30 AM
I think certain parts of her costuming are reminiscent of really flat cinnamon buns. Which makes me lol.

I was thinking fried eggs myself. ;)

TheDearLeader
12-16-2010, 02:34 AM
You can change most of the splash screens yourself if you wish (DDO folder/raw/en/logo). Personally, I use a small collection of concept art (http://rageclash.net/rageclash/logo.zip) for mine.

Does not let me open this page. Save target as... appears to work successfully, but when I try to open the zip file, it comes up as a damaged archive. You've interested me in this....

halp? XD Shr plz?

LookingForABentoBox
12-16-2010, 02:38 AM
She could at least strike some different poses.

She does strike different poses! In the loading screen, she's been flipped horizontally!

walkingwolfmike
12-16-2010, 02:41 AM
so, the flap-jack tata's don't do it for ya huh?

TheDearLeader
12-16-2010, 02:42 AM
She does strike different poses! In the loading screen, she's been flipped horizontally!

http://www.inkode.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/whoa-bill-and-ted.jpg

Whoa. You just blew my mind.

wisdomstorment
12-16-2010, 02:49 AM
/signed.

Was just thinking the same thing. Scantily clad human cleric over scantily clad medusa any day...

khangharu
12-16-2010, 05:15 AM
/signed.

Was just thinking the same thing. Scantily clad human cleric over scantily clad medusa any day...

QFT, except I'm pretty sure she was a wizard/sorceror because clerics would be in full plate not chainmail bikini

Kinerd
12-16-2010, 12:21 PM
She does strike different poses! In the loading screen, she's been flipped horizontally!Fair enough. ^_^
so, the flap-jack tata's don't do it for ya huh?For that matter, why would a snake-woman even have breasts?

Dulcimerist
12-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Fair enough. ^_^For that matter, why would a snake-woman even have breasts?

You've never visited a snake dairy?

tripwire11
12-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Hot sorc chick > Medusa > that bald monk guy

the loss of the sorc chick is the worst nerf this game has seen

Missing_Minds
12-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Actually there is a very good reason for her to have "breasts" but what people haven't mentioned is... are the functional for nursing or not?

How many creatures in nature have "features" to mimic other things?

The female medusa having features to lure her prey to her aids in her survival. Obviously, breasts (shapely lumps of tissue) help her catch prey.

Drakos
12-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Clearly, you've never been to Singapore!