PDA

View Full Version : playing by 'me'

Mike1w
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
NVM. I think I'll just enjoy the game as it is, and play to the best of my ability. If I have specific questions, I'll ask. Carry on.

TheDearLeader
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
What was the point of this thread/post in Class Discussion. You're not looking for a discussion. Its a statement of your intent of playstyle. Please don't clutter the threads with these things, to include making a repost of the thread elsewhere.

stainer
12-14-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't like too many formulae and the 'spreadsheet' style of playing. Even though its been made into cookie cutter MMO by turbine, I still like to play by 'me.' this doesn't mean ignore the stats, and equipment. its about using my imagination, in combo with the available resources, to win what seems otherwise unreasonable. I don't think I would enjoy a 'no-lose' character. Sounds boring. I like solving problems and challenges with thought as much as with 'building' I guess I am just a PnP player stuck in a digital age...

Is this another one of those complete the story threads?

jwdaniels
12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
I like solving problems and challenges with thought as much as with 'building' I guess I am just a PnP player stuck in a digital age...

Even in PnP, half the fun was building a character with the right gear, proficiencies (and later skills and feats).

Playing gimps is never fun.