PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Jars - False Advertising and Bait and Switch

Cauthey
12-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Turbine:

Shame on you! We all make mistakes, but some of the things associated with the winter event have been downright sloppy.

I turned in a pile of Festivult coins last night with Itherey of Orien. I kept exchanging until my backpack began to overflow. Then, I looked through my goodies. TOO many UNSTACKING Festival Twigs, and a HEAVY burden of coal. But piles and piles of cookies.

Anchored to the spot with a backpack spilling over, Itherey went into the DDO Store to find the Cookie Jars. I wasn't sure that I was going to get one at first. But now, it seemed a requirement.

So I navigated to Seasonal Items, and scrolled through. LARGE Cookie Jar. Where is the smaller, cheaper one? It's not here! Wow. Big oversight on Turbine's part. Maybe they forgot to flag it for this category. Oh, well, I can always find it in Recently Added Items.

So I navigated to Recently Added Items. LARGE Cookie Jar. Where the heck is the small one?!

Tired of futzing around in the store and with inventory, I purchase the LARGE Cookie Jar. Only to find out from a guildie that the SMALL Cookie Jars were clandestinely hidden under "Bags."

What the eff, Turbine?! Seriously...what the EFF? How much more blatant could you be with your greedy scheming?! :mad:

Not only that, but it seems that you're also OVERCHARGING for the Small Cookie Jars!! (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=291370) What kind of idiots do you take your customers for?! Are you ACTIVELY TRYING to chase paying customers away from the game?

I'm filling out an Account Support ticket requesting a TP refund. I know that you don't give out refunds, but these tactics are despicable, and egregious. :mad: Shame on you, Turbine. :mad:

redraider
12-15-2010, 05:20 PM
That and making them bound to character instead of bound to account really sucks.

Screw you Turbine. :mad:

Buggss
12-15-2010, 05:24 PM
How's this rant at Turbine not been removed as well? :rolleyes:

lethargos
12-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Jars are total ****, should be bound to ACCOUNT.

Draccus
12-15-2010, 05:32 PM
$6 for a bound-to-character storage container.

This could be the most absurd thing I've seen in 12 years of MMOs.

Cauthey
12-16-2010, 08:13 AM
How's this rant at Turbine not been removed as well? :rolleyes:

Not sure. I figured this thread had been lost. No one was responding. I copy/pasted it to my myDDO blog (http://my.ddo.com/cauthey/2010/12/14/cookie-jars-false-advertising-and-bait-and-switch/), too.

Thank you guys for reviving! :D

dcp101
12-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Probably they want to get all those players who are willing to spend coin on buying a jar for every character they need first, THEN they'll make an update later for the jars to be BOA.

MsEricka
12-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Wouldn't it be amazing if they added a function to the DDO store where we could find something that we were told was available in the store? I imagine calling it something like smirtch or... i got it!!! Search!

SEARCHing the DDO store brought me to both sizes of cookies jars. I can't imaging a more difficult thing to do in the whole world other than coming to forums and whining and then making a blog post and then coming back to the forums. I wish this "search" thing would have been invented sooner so we could have saved some time.

Cauthey
12-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Wouldn't it be amazing if they added a function to the DDO store where we could find something that we were told was available in the store? I imagine calling it something like smirtch or... i got it!!! Search!

SEARCHing the DDO store brought me to both sizes of cookies jars. I can't imaging a more difficult thing to do in the whole world other than coming to forums and whining and then making a blog post and then coming back to the forums. I wish this "search" thing would have been invented sooner so we could have saved some time.

Agreed. And unfortunately, the DDO Store page is so "busy" that I didn't at first know that a search feature was there.

Still...why not list the small cookie jar with the large one? What is that motivation? It doesn't make sense to me.

Sure, someone who prefers Coke products can go to a cashier or manager and ask where these products can be found in the grocery store (the DDO Search feature). But when said grocery store only makes it easy to find the Pepsi products...you have to wonder that there's an alterior agenda at play.

Yeah, I failed my spot check. I'll cop to that. But it still doesn't make sense why the small jar was only found under "Bags," and not in "Seasonal Items" and "New Items."