PDA

View Full Version : Stonedust handwraps (looted after mod 8) new bug?

LupusVai
12-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Just looted a set of the stonedust handwraps after mod 8.

The stunning now seems to work. yay.

However the patch notes say that the DC of the stone prison effect has been increased.

Pre mod 8 dc was 17. Post mod 8 looted stone prison dc 17. Wheres the increase? Do they even test these things before they add them to patch notes..lol

Looks like adding the stone prison effect to the new mod 8 items may be a bust too, as no doubt it will just add the rubbish dc of 17. Upgrading the wraps with the new mod items may also be a bad idea as no doubt if its fixed any sets made will be stuck at the old dc.

Anyone tired an upgrade with them either adding to an item or adding to them on the live servers to see?

Backley
12-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Did you test the DC? Could be they just didn't update the description (as they often don't).

LupusVai
12-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Ran around the vale wacking stuff testing to see if the random stun went off. Had one stone effect in about 50 mobs. As you hit each mob perhaps 8-10 times to kill it without power attack on thats about 4-500 chances to proc. So on average should have been about 20-25 vorpal hits. I think they said something about the DC going to 25 or 27. I would have thought that would be at least 50% chance of save faliure in vale.

I know thats no real test but the description still says DC 17 and it certainly doesnt seem to be any higher than that.

Nyvn
12-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Do they even test these things before they add them to patch notes..lol

Based on past experience, no.