PDA

View Full Version : VIP and sale of the day

Thar
12-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Can we VIPs have at least one item per week that we can get on the 50% off tp sales? This whole week are all things that we can't buy.

Thanks.

Cauthey
12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm with ya.

And so are these folks here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=291236) and here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=287802).

Arysta
12-13-2010, 01:24 PM
/Signed

50% off goodies are always nice, even for us VIPers.

slimkj
12-13-2010, 01:28 PM
I thought quest sales would be one day of 50% off all packs, not one pack at a time which seems like filler to me. I'm also VIP and also wanting Festivult presents to treat myself to! ;)

Tolero
12-13-2010, 01:38 PM
This week has a lot of account-level items, but we are putting the mem pots on sale for Turbine Tuesday (http://www.ddo.com/turbinetuesdays) which should help :)

Ashimere
12-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I would agree, please toss us a bone for paying every month.

Hint hint, I need to buy some +2 tomes of superiority for all my level 7 orclings

bradleyforrest
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
This week has a lot of account-level items, but we are putting the mem pots on sale for Turbine Tuesday (http://www.ddo.com/turbinetuesdays) which should help :)

While mnemonics are nice, this doesn't address the real issue.

Trillea
12-13-2010, 01:51 PM

How about letting VIPs buy account-wide options while they are still VIP? That would help even more!

k1ngp1n
12-13-2010, 01:53 PM

*Sigh*

I hate to say it, but today has been one big disappointment.

bradleyforrest
12-13-2010, 01:54 PM
*Sigh*

I hate to say it, but today has been one big disappointment.

Agreed. The only reason I had for looking forward to today's update was that U9 was next.

Cauthey
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM

Is there any chance of giving consideration to allow VIPs to purchase account-level items, such as adventure packs, while they are VIP?

DasLurch
12-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Agreed. The only reason I had for looking forward to today's update was that U9 was next.

+1 :)

I think the point is that there feels like less and less of a reason to stay VIP. We get no real bonus because of the sale items all benefiting non-VIP's, we get very little back for staying VIP (the 500 TP's are nice, but the fact that we can't use them to ENHANCE our account is annoying. Plus they are around 2-3 cents per point for VIP's. THAT's expensive), and the game seems to NOT want us to stay VIP. That seems to be more of the issue.

bradleyforrest
12-13-2010, 02:03 PM
...Aaaaaaand shuffled off to a subforum where it won't get any attention.

RTN
12-13-2010, 02:12 PM
A Christmas present of 1000 TP would be nice for VIP.

bradleyforrest
12-13-2010, 02:34 PM
A Christmas present of 1000 TP would be nice for VIP.

Last year we got 100 points for 3 months instead of 500. You're not even asking for what we got last year.

RTN
12-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Last year we got 100 points for 3 months instead of 500. You're not even asking for what we got last year.

I don't disagree that we should get more as VIP (and not just a 2 day head start on content, which I could care less about--opening on elite is a little better, but only when you're grinding favor), but at least something is better than nothing.

muffinlad
12-13-2010, 03:03 PM
A random idea, not fully thought out....

They need to have VIP ONLY content. A Lounge, or Church, or what have you that has access to something that is valuable, like a Silver Flame Masuse that heals back your HP without having to eat anything and lets you Tport to any area, etc.

It seems a bit thin for VIP's, even after all this time. Not sure what the right answer is, but I know they need to pay more attention to long term loyals at the same time they are bringing in new blood.

muffinvipx2

stoolcannon
12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I've got to say this is a pretty disappointing limitation. I spent another 50 bucks to get myself up to about the 10k point range and was going to take advantage of a bunch of sales. I was less than thrilled to find out I'd also need to cancel my VIP sub to do so.

Yaga_Nub
12-13-2010, 03:06 PM

It really doesn't because it's still not a VIP only item. The store will have a total of 9 days of non-VIP only items which really means that VIPs aren't.

T, I know someone up there or in WB marketing has a marketing degree. Maybe even a MBA. They should be fired for their failure to understand a basic term such as VIP and how they are catering to the least loyal of your fan base. At the very least please send them back to Marketing 101. I'll even pay for the class as long as they go to any school other than Harvard.

Sylvurdragon
12-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I've got to say this is a pretty disappointing limitation. I spent another 50 bucks to get myself up to about the 10k point range and was going to take advantage of a bunch of sales. I was less than thrilled to find out I'd also need to cancel my VIP sub to do so.

Only problem with that, is that even if you cancel your sub to take advantage of these daily deals...your account is still VIP until your renewal date. So that still doesn't do much for VIP's. I'm happy to be a VIP, but I agree that the 50% daily deals are kind of lacking for us. How about an adventure pack every other day and something that everyone can benefit from in between?

I loved being VIP last year...1000 points a month for December and January?! That was AWESOME! I picked up Favored Soul and 32 Pt Builds as a Christmas present to myself those months. This year...kinda ho-hum.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2010, 03:16 PM

VIPs may also want account level items/packs/races/etc so that they can work, over time, towards premium. How about letting us buy what we want.

Matuse
12-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Being VIP is just a way of getting screwed. It comes with almost no benefits (really, being able to open quests on hard/elite without finishing them on easier difficulties is the ONLY thing that VIPs get that is worth a damn...and you can get that benefit by asking someone else to open the difficulty for you), and huge drawbacks.

Just buy a $50/6900 TP bundle instead of a 3 month subscription...you get WAY more points, and when sale blitzes like this one come along, you can actually take advantage of it.

I ended my VIP a while ago, and have never regretted it for a second. If Turbine wants my money every month, they should start giving me something that actually justifies that money.

DelScorcho
12-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Horrible week for specials for VIPs.

mystafyi
12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
sooner or later all us vip's will just bite the bullet and cancel our subs and go premium if we keep getting the short end of the stick. When subscriptions start falling, Time Warner will start firing folks left and right at turbine, maybe even shut the game down completely. TM only cares about cash flow from turbine. I love this game and dont want to see it end prematurely..... Marketing dept stop being so inept.

Lifeblood
12-13-2010, 05:27 PM
495 Cookie Jar BTC/ 595 Brand New Character slot...

cookie jar 0
character slot 1
Turbine Wins either way

Zenako
12-13-2010, 05:41 PM
sooner or later all us vip's will just bite the bullet and cancel our subs and go premium if we keep getting the short end of the stick. When subscriptions start falling, Time Warner will start firing folks left and right at turbine, maybe even shut the game down completely. TM only cares about cash flow from turbine. I love this game and dont want to see it end prematurely..... Marketing dept stop being so inept.

However the math works out to make that a likely wash for the accountants in many cases. ALL money already spent is already spent and of no concern to the bookkeepers. A current VIP is worth about $10 a month in future sub fees (assuming that most of us are on a longer term deal or a special and that is why we are still VIP. I know that is why my main account still is.) Many VIPs have gotten used to many perks which cost TP to reclaim if you go premium. Easy to imagine a total TP bill of 10K to replicate most VIP accounts. That would be the better part of a years sub.

However that money is cash in the hand, and available today to spend for Turbine, as opposed to longer term payouts from monthly sub fees. Most premium players still spend more TP after their initial purchase, so in effect they represent a continuning revenue stream as well. From a purely financial standpoint, Turbine probably has little concern about which plan you take, they expect to make about the same either way.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2010, 06:19 PM
495 Cookie Jar BTC/ 595 Brand New Character slot...

cookie jar 0
character slot 1
Turbine Wins either way

2 new character slots on F2P mule account... 0 TP

Turbine loses

Lifeblood
12-13-2010, 06:49 PM
2 new character slots on F2P mule account... 0 TP

Turbine loses
I like my shared bank too much to have another account just for a mule
I am not buying another char. slot either..just going to continue to use the one mule I have

but you are correct

zedlx86
12-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Logged on just to say that I've cancelled my sub last week in hopes of getting to buy some discounted adventure packs, since my sub's going to end at the beginning of next month anyway.

Will not be renewing my VIP subscription, ever, due to this ridiculous system of not letting current VIPs to benefit from store sales. :(

Taurnish
12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Well said Yaga! They are catering to the non-VIPs. I do like the Turbine Tuesday but still something should be made available to VIP only since the non-VIPs have all the sales on the quest packs that we have already purchased.

It really doesn't because it's still not a VIP only item. The store will have a total of 9 days of non-VIP only items which really means that VIPs aren't.

T, I know someone up there or in WB marketing has a marketing degree. Maybe even a MBA. They should be fired for their failure to understand a basic term such as VIP and how they are catering to the least loyal of your fan base. At the very least please send them back to Marketing 101. I'll even pay for the class as long as they go to any school other than Harvard.